Cruise #2 - 18 March 07

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Cruise #2 - 18 March 07

Post by Sparhawk »

OK, As Shaun is busy next month, Ill try to organise something for March.

Weekends are;

3/4 - Clipsal 500
10/11 - MGEC Track Day
17/18 - Free
24/25 - Free

A suggestion was made to combine a cruise with the MGEC Track day. So, meet in the city, cruise out to Malala together, and spend the day up there. Although the drive to Malala is mostly open highway, so not much fun there. I will personally be going as an observer to the track day, but if you want to take your car on the track, i suggest reading HERE for the requirements etc etc. Its always a good day, even for observers, and MGEC put on a BBQ for lunch.

Im open to other suggestions for the other weekends too. A cruise down south with lunch in Victor or to the Barossa and visit some wineries for example, or just a get together in town is fine with me. Let me know your preferences, so we can lock in a weekend and make some more definite plans.

P.S. Can a moderator please sticky this post ???

Mod Edit: Done :wink:

Edit : Thanx :D
Last edited by Sparhawk on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
Mel_star_1
Grease Monkey

Post by Mel_star_1 »

I'm really interested in the cruise, i think going down to victor would be cool.

I really wanted to go to the last one but found it hard to understand which day you's went n times etc. So can u make the details a little bit clearer this time please.

Thanks
glamorous
Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

17 or 18th would be better for me and steve to go.. the following wkend is no good.
yeah we are both going to go again for sure itll be great.
just let us know what everyone decides on. hope all the pple that couldnt make it this last wkend can make it on the next cuise, i think its 2 i know of so far that might make it.
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Do I even need to sign in?

I may be interested in the MGEC track day, but it's my bros birthday that weekend and not sure what's happening yet.
Always wanted to take my car out for a bit of track work, never done it.
I'd come as an observer if anything this time, I'd like to see how bad they'd make me look. lol.

Always up for a group cruise.
I'd love to do a jetty rd if possible. Be good exposure for the club (read: we'd turn a lot of heads :wink:) especially if we can get some stickers before then (Shaun's not far from me, any chance of a letterbox drop before then? I could distribute to others at the cruise :D)
Might be able to find a good spot for some pics around there too...
Otherwise, not fussed about final destination.
Xanetia
Apprentice

Post by Xanetia »

my god TCGPX you get up early lol

or where you just getting home ?? you party animal
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Just getting home, but sadly not from partying :cry:
Just knocked off work a little earlier that morning.
Nocturnal employee...

Oh and the times shown on there are half hour in front. Makes it look worse. lol.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

TCGPX wrote:Do I even need to sign in?
No
TCGPX wrote:Always up for a group cruise.
I'd love to do a jetty rd if possible. Be good exposure for the club (read: we'd turn a lot of heads :wink:)
I dont mind a city type cruise, but the only problem, especially down Glenelg way, is finding somewhere we can all park together when we stop. I mean for best exposure for the club we will need to stop somewhere as a group where there are lots of ppl.

Sunday is probably the best day for this as well. Does anyone have any preferences of Saturday or Sunday. Or Saturday evening maybe ?
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Was thinking more along the lines of a hot lap on the way to wherever we're going, but yea, if we could park up somewhere I'm sure we'd draw a reasonable crowd 8)

Sundays are usually good for me, wouldn't mind doing a sat night cruise some time though.

My car really comes to life at night :D
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Sounds fair, a hot lap LOL. Maybe next time we head south down the coast, we could do a run along the beaches.

Think we're due for a cruise up north though, so I was planning another Barossa one. Its been a while. I'll try to pick some different wineries this time :wink:

At this stage I think Sunday is best for the majority, although no-one other than you answered... :x Just going on past turnouts. So will plan for Sunday 18 March... How does that suit ?
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Sounds good.

If we're heading anywhere near that lookout from the last barossa cruise, maybe we could pay it another visit?

You know the one I'm talking bout Steve :wink:.

Got some great photo's up there last time, be good to do it with a few more cars...

Possibly a good spot to do the photo thing we talked about on the November cruise... There was that monument up the back... 8)

I'll keep it cryptic so the other states don't copy us :wink:
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Yep, know what u mean, and I guarantee that "hill climb" will be included :twisted:

So hopefully there will be more than just the 2 of us LOL...
glamorous
Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

yaaaaaayyy!!!!
were back, sorry we havent been posting, our comp has been out for a few days now, just today we got it back so we dont know whats been happening,what u guyes have organised etc etc.

a cruise around d city, the bay would be great. we live on d esplanade semaphore and it does get pretty good on hot wkends. either way we will be fine.
deffinently be going! just let us know the dates etc and prob sat would be better for me, unless its the wkend of the public holiday
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

Hey Im Back !!!!! WOoo - got my cars trans fixed :D :D :D
Yea so i am prety much free anytime :) and i am RLLY keeen to go..

Im happy to go anywhere...

So count me In! :lol:
DesertStormBlack
Grease Monkey

hey

Post by DesertStormBlack »

hey guys im back after a long break away from this trecherous heat.. and am looking forward to attending a few more cruises..
cheers, tushar
honk if youre happy and ill honk back
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Stewgood- Great to hear. What was the problem after all that? I'd like to know what can kill the Auto trans that way... No comments please Steve.

DesertStormBlack- Wondering when you were getting back. Be good to see you out there again. Cheers for mentioning Exhaust Technology too, did a great job on my zorst :D
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

Yea....... Well APARENTLY!!!! - it had the symptoms were Someone puting it into neutral (at a stop) and whaking it into drive a couple of times... Aparently also it was absolutly STUFFED! like he showed me the gears and there were chips and cracks everywhere...... but the strange thing is - My dad was the last owner and the person who owned it before that was a good friend who was a buisness man :S so i dont know why either of them wood do that to the car...

In total it costed 3,300 :( But it runs good now (as it shod)

but i apparently need new rims soon - coz there is a crack in them and they are alloy... he said if i drive over 80 it wood be unsafe :(
glamorous
Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

get a second opinion... next this guyes gonna say u need new spotlights, which will cost you $5000.
then he sais, your gna need a new car.. etc etc..
sounds dodgy...
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Saturday has filled up for us, so, barring any major complaints, looks like Sunday 18th March it is.

The plan : A nice casual drive up thru the hills and north to the Barossa. Probably have lunch at a pub, so bring some cash. Will be visiting a few wineries along the way :wink:

Where : Usual meeting place (ETSA park carpark)
When : aiming for a 10am start so try to get there before then lol
What to bring : Money to buy lunch and wine if you want any.

The last barossa cruise was great fun, just ask Travis. Ive even got a bit of a hill climb planned for the cruise that leads to a lookout (special request lol). Hope to see you all there :D
glamorous
Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

march the 18th will be very good for us.. we will definently go.
itl be real good, im guessing this time there is gonna be new pple aswell??
at least this time im not gonna get lost in the morning.. ill know where to go..