Possible to fit 6" Speakers in a 6x9 Parcel tray???

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

MintFTO
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Possible to fit 6" Speakers in a 6x9 Parcel tray???

Post by MintFTO »

Is this possible? or do I need to get a complete custom parcel shelf? or can I get a 6" FTO parcel tray and swap someone for my 6x9 parcel tray? will this work??

(sorry to be brief im in a rush)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i'm pretty sure you can fit 6" speakers on a 6x9 tray, but rather than getting a complete shelf custom made, you can cut up an MDF sheet to 6x9 size and use it as a 'mounting plate' and fit the 6" on it. Given 'the right touch', it can be made to look great as well... ;)
MintFTO
Apprentice

Post by MintFTO »

Can i Fit a 6" FTO Parcel tray on top of the extisting 6x9 mounting plate?(steel part)
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

stick to the 6 x 9's

why you gonig coax's?
mrdj1234
Grease Monkey

Post by mrdj1234 »

i've got 6" 3ways in my parcel shelf - they're installed with a neat looking adaptor plate :D

parcel shelf needs "adjusting" though - rattles too much :|
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

It can be done without a prob. one way to do it is to do as Mikey has said - grab a piece of MDF to fit the 6x9" area and cut your 6" circle in it. Attach the MDF to the original bolt holes. If it doesnt fit above the parcel tray you could always mount them below it. It would probably be a good idea to get some rubber from clark rubber or somewhere when making a mounting plate as they could make a little more rattle. Use it around the edges of the speaker and the mount(where u screw at least) and that should reduce any extra noise you might induce. I have mounted 7x10" speakers into my parcel tray - no probs at all!