200kw or more with turbo

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Demogorgon
jedwabna poszewka promocja

200kw or more with turbo

Post by Demogorgon »

Hello To All FTO Freaks….

I’m just new to FTO game and just like to know if there any way of getting 200kw or more at the flywheel with out turbo? And what mods and pricing am I looking at? I own a FTO GPX…
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

200kw at the flywheel is possible in NA trim (excluding NOS), but I'd imagine it wouldn't be street-friendly and when you work out the bang per buck ratio, the cost is just unjustifiable...

Just my 2c...
Demogorgon

Post by Demogorgon »

am i just beta off waiting to the turob kit from RPW to come out then spend my money now?????
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i guess you could say that, or if you really must you can also get the kit custom made from another workshop elsewhere... the RPW kit afterall is not exactly a 'proven' package because it is still in experimental prototype stage... the only hassle that i can think of is to find someone experienced enough who knows how to tune the lot together to ensure it runs smoothly...
MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

*smiles* NA modification will be unjustifiable for most people =)

not in my eyes though, but I'm just a nutter *grins*
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

don't get me wrong, NA mods can be very worthwhile, in fact there are several NA monsters out there in the States constantly churning out consistent low 10s with their Civics etc but for tightasses like me who wants maximum bang per buck, the only logical solution is to go with forced induction because:

A. it's more streetable given a wider spread of torque band
B. it's easier to yield substantial HP
C. you can have the turbo whistle and flutter during gearshifts, hehehe...
D. the 'Turbo' sticker really means something...!! ;)
Last edited by GPXXX on Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Turbo power rules!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: Way to go maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!
elmo
Grease Monkey

turbo

Post by elmo »

It would need some serious work to get to 200kw in NA form. The only thing that will jump it up to that would be a set of custom cams I spose, cause all the acessories I've got still dont get it to that...
If your in a hurry, you could get the second RPW kit that is floating around and go from there, else yea, I recommend waiting for some results from th UK prototype. Although, regardless of the final result, it's still gonna give a stack more power, it's just how much will the final price be...
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

hi elmo what mods have you done that is worth while getting?

i only have $1500 got air and i think exhaust

what can i do to get bottom end power cause top end for mivec are good but bottom end feels so slow
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hnm738 wrote:hi elmo what mods have you done that is worth while getting?

i only have $1500 got air and i think exhaust

what can i do to get bottom end power cause top end for mivec are good but bottom end feels so slow
for that money the only thing i can think of that will improve low-midrange response is a set of extractors - you will notice some extra urge in the low end, but just don't expect a world of difference though'...