Hi =)

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

DunK
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hi =)

Post by DunK »

Hey, i just bought a 97 model black fto for 16.5gram, the mileage stated is 37k which is abit sus, is it possible for a 10 year old car to have such mileage?Also, the car looks brand new and everything is stock including the head unit and the rims. I was assuming that the dash board had been changed...can anyone give me answers to my questions, coz i am abit worried...i have already paid 500 bux deposit and paying the rest on friday thats when i get the car.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

It is possible but fairly uncommon.
Listen to the start up... with that low Kms it shouldnt have tappet noise like most ftos do.... also im not sure, but how long do brake pads last? if last over 40,000kms then they should be original. ummm thats about all i can come up with for now... which state you in?

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
dstocks
National Vice President

Seats

Post by dstocks »

Have a look at the seats too. If they are standard and the foam on either side of the base of the seat is starting to lose its shape, itll mean the car has done more than your basic mileage.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Wi11iam
    Grease Monkey

Post by Wi11iam »

compression test ?
    Bennoz
    National President

Re: Seats

Post by Bennoz »

dstocks wrote:Have a look at the seats too. If they are standard and the foam on either side of the base of the seat is starting to lose its shape, itll mean the car has done more than your basic mileage.
    This ^^^ is the best & most basic test. Run into issues if the seats have been changed thou!
    DunK
    Apprentice

Post by DunK »

I am in nsw, sydney, i dont know, i am just scared that the car has been raced..and changed the dash board...everything in there looks legit...but just the mileage sounds sus..

well thank you all for your helps, btw i am not that familiar with technical things about cars, ie i dont know what the tappet noise sounds like..also with the seats, how do you tell if the seats are losing shape? and whats a compression test... :roll: haha, sorry about the questions..
    lwrida
    Mechanic

Post by lwrida »

where you from champ maybe i can swing past have a quick look over it for you
    aithním thú grá sí, aithním thú grá sí, aithním thú sibh sin mé bualadh craicinn sibh... FTO GPX 95' táirgí tuilí
    [img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8306/banner2ae0.jpg[/img]
    DunK
    Apprentice

Post by DunK »

carlingford, its pretty far from the place you listed...punchbowl right? appreciate it though :D

but fuk, mite not be getting it on friday...prob monday, coz the dealer said it takes 5-6 working days..to adjust the car so it suits the aussie regulation thing...he said the car is freshly imported..was wondering if deres such thing...not the fresh imported bit..but the 5-6 working days to fix the car....does anyone get what i m saying?lol coz i cant understand what i was tryin 2 say myself..
    BorepYano
    Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

compliance?
    kiz wrote:
    silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
    There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
    DunK
    Apprentice

Post by DunK »

Nice~ Was it my problem, or the forums?tried to come on few days ago but couldnt find the page?! Well, got my baby last friday, and everything seems well, part from the fact that when i switch off the engine..theres this scratching sorta sound, not the sound u hear when you walk past a 'just switched off car', but it jus happens everytime i turn the engine off...wondering if thats normal.... :roll: also, the muffler i have is apexi..and its huge...also dangling...my babe is not lowered, but the muffler always scratches the ground...gives me a pain in the ass :evil: o, and one more question, my muffler doesnt really have a loud noise...does that mean it has been silenced?coz its pretti damn big compared to the majority of mufflers..lol...well ill b posting pics up once i get home from work =P
    dstocks
    National Vice President

If you dont like....

Post by dstocks »

If you dont like the muffler, it should be able to be changed. Especially if the car has just been complianced, because it would have had to have had a standard muffler on it to get through compliancing.

Apart from that, im sure there would be someone out there prepared to swap their standard one with yours if you were so minded. Huge mufflers are not my thing, but heaps of people like them.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      sublime19
      Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

mm just read this. damn thats very low kms.. yea its possible.
      cos my car is a '96, it was brought into aus in 2001, and had 22,000kms on the clock. so its not really sus if it's freshly imported, yea its uncommon but i bet your happy. i bought mine at 48,000 kms last year, and now im jealous uts is lower! i've already driven mine to 67,000... when i hit 75 im gonna bu myself a shitbox to drive around in so i done waste more kms on my car (yea call me crazy but i wanna keep it low!)
      I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
      Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
      Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
      DunK
      Apprentice

Post by DunK »

Re: sublime19, lol...haha...

the muffler is ok now, i replaced the end pipe n pushed the exhaust in and sideways, which is nice =) dont have to give a sh*t about scratches XD, o and i just purchased new sound system waiting for sunday to come 2 get it installed =)
      dstocks
      National Vice President

pics

Post by dstocks »

You got pictures yet???? or have you already put them in another post somewhere?
        sublime19
        Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

DunK wrote:Re: sublime19, lol...haha...

the muffler is ok now, i replaced the end pipe n pushed the exhaust in and sideways, which is nice =) dont have to give a sh*t about scratches XD, o and i just purchased new sound system waiting for sunday to come 2 get it installed =)
        ah nice, i just got myself 2 really good 6x9s and a good headunit, everybody thinks my speakers sounds like really punchy subs, and its perfect for me since i dont listen 2 hip hop or anything so i dont need like the deep bass, just punchy stuff for trance :)
        well u'll wanna spend heaps of money on it, always like that when u buy a new car, btw is it stock or did it come with anything? just curious to see how much money u'll wanna blow on it!!
        Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
        Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
        DunK
        Apprentice

Post by DunK »

sublime19 wrote:
        DunK wrote:Re: sublime19, lol...haha...

ah nice, i just got myself 2 really good 6x9s and a good headunit, everybody thinks my speakers sounds like really punchy subs, and its perfect for me since i dont listen 2 hip hop or anything so i dont need like the deep bass, just punchy stuff for trance :)
        well u'll wanna spend heaps of money on it, always like that when u buy a new car, btw is it stock or did it come with anything? just curious to see how much money u'll wanna blow on it!!
        everything is stock, had it installed today, but f**k..the guy tried to lift up the plastic around the head unit, and the plastic broke so right now while his tryin to stick those plastic together i have this huge whole between the knob and my headunit :? but was wondering can i still get the plastic?and anyone know the price for it?

spent around 700 on the subs amps front speakers and the head unit, all sony explod, and 130 for the instalment, but den the guy did give me 50 bux back for breaking my plastic...
        sublime19
        Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

damn that sux. well dstocks would be the person to speak to abt getting the "plastic thing", my one actually has a little crack in it too :?
        BorepYano
        Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

good luck to the guy trying to stick it back together, i think just about everyone of us have the same problem lol

i think dstocks has a diy on reparing that somewhere, apparently the best way is to fibreglass it from behind
        kiz wrote:
        DunK
        Apprentice

Post by DunK »

lol he rang me yesterday telling me he cant really stick it back together..... :roll: so i gues i have to find another one...you know where can i get one?i read on the 'parts for sale' or was it group buy for the CF cetre console, is it still available?i dont what a huge hole just beneath the head unit.....
        BorepYano
        Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

hey do you have all the pieces still?

cos if you do, do you think i can have it if i was to pay for the postage (need to mod the plastic bit to mount a 8" touch screen, and knowing me i'm going to stuff up so i was hoping to have something to practice on)

and it's in the GB section that u saw it i believe, and i think u might still be able to get them PM the guy that ran it and see.
        kiz wrote: