HI fto fans

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sprinterice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

HI fto fans

Post by sprinterice »

HI guys my major concern is how safe GPX is. can anyone give me some idea before i buy it. because i heard some of my friends said, this car doesnt have ABS and other safety features ect..
".....be water, my friend"
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

WTTC sprinterice :D

Depends on the car you get. ABS was optional on the GPX models, so it depends on the car you get. There were other safety options on the GPX, but most were just that, options. Shop around and find one with what you want. Mine's got ABS and dual air bags (fairly rare).

In terms of safety, mine took a T-Bone by a stupid bag running a red light, she would've been doing bout 50 to 60 k's when she hit me, almost square on passenger door. Doors have side intrusion bars in them that took most of the impact.

I didn't even get whiplash from it.

When I was shopping for my car, there were plenty of other types I looked at, but I am so glad I bought an FTO in the end. Best decision I could have made. Everyone that comes for a ride in my car falls in love with em too. They are just one of those cars :wink:
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1613/sigpic2se2.jpg[/img]
dstocks
National Vice President

Safety

Post by dstocks »

As mentioned above, depends on model. If you want all the safety bit you should search for:

Dual Air Bags. Older models can come with neither as they were an option. Some newer models come with a drivers airbag standard (passengers optional).

ABS. Most newer models come with this standard. Older ones is an option

Traction Control. I have to say this is rare. Was an option, but not many of them have it.

For more info on options:

http://www.completefto.com.au/FTO_showcontent.asp?aid=451

and good luck!!!
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    sprinterice

Post by sprinterice »

Very helpful appreciated, and thank you so much for the warm welcome.
    another newbie question, would a 95 FTO GPX got the optional ABS and dual airbag? And since what years model they started to came with optional ABS, dual airbag, traction control.
    thanks again dstocks for different models of FTO and the options table. I found that i need go back to high school to study how to read them. LOL
    TCGPX
    Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

sprinterice wrote:another newbie question, would a 95 FTO GPX got the optional ABS and dual airbag? And since what years model they started to came with optional ABS, dual airbag, traction control.
    I don't quite get your question, do you mean were these options available on the 95 model?
    If so then yes, mine's a 95 and has all of these, including traction control (didn't realise this was a rarity too :D) but these things can be hard to find.

When Dstocks mentions later models, I'm assuming he means post 97- usually called "facelift" models. They revamped the car giving it some different options and a new front bumper around this time. I think they made ABS standard too.

To find these things:
    Dual air bag is easy to pick- Has the air bag logos on the steering wheel which was a 4 spoke style, and passenger air bag has a panel on the dash with the logo also printed on it.

Traction control will have a switch to the left side of the steering column labeled "TCL".

ABS- When you click the key to accessory, you'll see an orange ABS light come on.
    [img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1613/sigpic2se2.jpg[/img]
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Couldnt

Post by dstocks »

Couldnt have said it better myself! :wink:
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      sprinterice

Post by sprinterice »

cheers guys very helpful
      sublime19
      Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

speaking of "safe"
      FTOs are known for their handling. It sticks to the road
      and honestly, depends on how u drive too, if your gonna do dangerous swerving and drive dangerously, ABS wont save u. (thats if u get an fto without ABS)

seriously, take it for a test drive and feel the handling and then make up your mind ;)
      I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
      Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
      Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.