New gal, need some tips on fuel consumption

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dstocks
National Vice President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

so basically

Post by dstocks »

So basically:

Ignore Bennoz and FTOSams figures as their FTO's are not what could be called "standard" by any stretch of the imagination.

If you are a lead foot your probably looking between 400 and 450km per tank and if you are more conservative try 500 to 550km per tank.

Geez, the poor girl has probably died from confusion by now! :wink:
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    sublime19
    Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

LOL wtf this post was made yesterday and 2 pages already.. yeesh proves how much of a sausage fest it is on here and people just replying to females' posts like flies at a bbq!!!

anyway.. prelude is a peice of sh*t (compared to a FTO :P )

the least i've ever gotten from a tank is 508.64 (yea i count it everytime lol)

but then again i drive like a granny, my car sees 4500 revs once every fortnight if it's lucky, and i never redline.. ever.
    I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
    Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
    Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
    FtoSam
    Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Yeah ignore me and bennoz. we have done a little work to ours.
    But I totally agree with Sublime.
    The Prelude has nothign on an FTO.
    Wether it be looks, fuel consumption, driveability or comfort the FTO beats the prelude hands down. The only thing is repairs, which is probably much the same for each model.
    And Yeah.. Its how you drive. Highway crusing will see good fuel economy.
    And its great to have that little bit extra power (over the prelude) for when you need to overtake.

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
    chellebelle

Post by chellebelle »

You guys are so funny! I don't dig the baseball cap look unfortunately - but thanks for the tip. :D

Problem is I'm always running late for work so average about 130kph!
    I'm no longer even considering a prelude thanks to you guys...I have seen the light ha ha.

Bennoz - you make me feel short. I tried adjusting the seat, but mustn't have found the right lever...hmmmm.
    Am now just waiting to see if it's had it's major service, fingers crossed it has!
    lwrida
    Mechanic

Post by lwrida »

TCGPX wrote:
    I only get 350 to 400, but it's pretty much all city driving in an auto with MIVEC. Auto does make a fair difference around town, looks like lots of the people posting so far are manual. Oh, and doesn't help that i drive it like I stole it...
    Same I only get 350 to 400 out of my tiptonic and I drive it pretty much the same... Hooking it around corners and such. I'll need new CV's soon cause of this :P
    aithním thú grá sí, aithním thú grá sí, aithním thú sibh sin mé bualadh craicinn sibh... FTO GPX 95' táirgí tuilí
    [img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8306/banner2ae0.jpg[/img]
    TCGPX
    Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

chellebelle wrote:I tried adjusting the seat, but mustn't have found the right lever...hmmmm.
    Not a lever, there's 2 knobs on the side of the seat where the levers are...
    chellebelle wrote:I'm no longer even considering a prelude thanks to you guys...I have seen the light ha ha.
    Wait till you get a chance to drive it hard. Then you'll know you made the right decision :wink:
    [img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1613/sigpic2se2.jpg[/img]
    Delvance
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Drove like a granny to wollongong uni and back today... 130km trip to and back, used 7.5L. That includes putting the car in neautral for downhills lol. Oh, it's a manual mivec with slight mods. OTOH, when i was on uni holidays, city driving and hitting mivec constantly, was lucky to get 400km to the tank so yeah depends on how you drive it.
    JOeJOe
    Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Delvance wrote:Drove like a granny to wollongong uni and back today... 130km trip to and back, used 7.5L. That includes putting the car in neautral for downhills lol. Oh, it's a manual mivec with slight mods. OTOH, when i was on uni holidays, city driving and hitting mivec constantly, was lucky to get 400km to the tank so yeah depends on how you drive it.
    Driving downhill in neautral, woudn't that destroy your car quick smart??
    Delvance
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

I don't know, does it ?? 8O
    Just to confirm, basically letting the car roll down a hill with inertia/gravity, the car's not in gear and sits at the normal 700rpm idle point. Didn't think it would 8O
    sublime19
    Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

JOeJOe wrote:
    Delvance wrote:Drove like a granny to wollongong uni and back today... 130km trip to and back, used 7.5L. That includes putting the car in neautral for downhills lol. Oh, it's a manual mivec with slight mods. OTOH, when i was on uni holidays, city driving and hitting mivec constantly, was lucky to get 400km to the tank so yeah depends on how you drive it.
    Driving downhill in neautral, woudn't that destroy your car quick smart??
    i cant imagine why it would, when im stuck in peak hour traffic (everyday), i leave my car on neutral for like 25 mins and let it roll downhill slowly, then put it in 2nd gear when i want to step on it more
    I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
    Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
    Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
    jonowong
    Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

rolling it in neutral wont damage anything