Carbon Fibre Bonnets, Scoop and Vants

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Demogorgon
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Carbon Fibre Bonnets, Scoop and Vants

Post by Demogorgon »

Has any one have a carbon fibre bonnet??? If so where was it made??? and has any one have vants or scoops on there bonnet??
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Re: Carbon Fibre Bonnets, Scoop and Vants

Post by GPXXX »

Demogorgon wrote:Has any one have a carbon fibre bonnet??? If so where was it made??? and has any one have vants or scoops on there bonnet??
i don't think anyone in Oz has one yet... most are made from Japan and they're bleedin' exp.

scracy had a creative vented fibreglass bonnet at one stage but he ditched it (you silly, silly fool)

however plans are underway to have vented carbonfibre connets made locally. stay tuned for updates!
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

yeah we're waiting on the first one to be made... i was hoping to have it before christmas but i don't think so anymore....
MarkFTO
Apprentice

Post by MarkFTO »

I have a carbon fibre bonnet on mine. Its the Project F one with the Evolution 6 style vent moulded into it.

Got it from Japan.

//\\//\\ark
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

and paid way way to much for it :(

we'll have htem here for about 1/2 the price or better than the cost of the Project F ones... (advantage of being a backwater country)...
MarkFTO
Apprentice

Post by MarkFTO »

smorison wrote:and paid way way to much for it :(

we'll have htem here for about 1/2 the price or better than the cost of the Project F ones... (advantage of being a backwater country)...
Yup the project F stuff is expensive, but worth it i think. I know what you mean about prices... Ive bought stuff and had it shipped over from New Zealand and it still worked out cheaper than buying from Mitsubishi over here in the UK!

//\\//\\ark
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

i got a black standard bonnet and the creative fibreglass bonnet.

I got the best of both worlds :lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

d_stroy_r wrote:i got a black standard bonnet and the creative fibreglass bonnet.

I got the best of both worlds :lol:

So what did u do? Put one on your roof for more down force??? aahahahahaha :twisted:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

no.lol

i switch them around......if i get into trouble with the fibreglass, i swap it with the black bonnet.
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

There was someone at the last Sydney BBQ/Cruise with a white FTO decked out in the Creative Sports bodykit, including the bonnet.

He bought the car as is like that from a car dealer.

Not sure if he's had any troubles with authorities though.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

i've had many troubles with the police, i rather risk the possibilty of getting into trouble rather then having a standard bonnet.