Review - FTO Australia Vic X-Mas BBQ / Cruise

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ruchi
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by ruchi »

Mikey, you've done it again... what a great meet. Great location, great drive, great weather and a great ferry ride.

Thanks to all who came, and all who contributed.

In the absence of the gallery, you can view some of the photos I took here:

http://larble.com/FTO_Meet_031215

Just click on each file name to view the picture

If any of you want full size versions, just let me know.

P.S. I love those wheels Scracy!
Last edited by ruchi on Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I love this shot, pity it's a little out of focus

NimZ
Apprentice

Post by NimZ »

Hey All,

posted up a few cruise pics on my site, feel free to have a browse:

http://public.fotki.com/NimZ/

Mikey the cruise idea for a ferry trip was great, good organising mate.
Although next time can some-one bring sunscreen that actually works, I'm so red and sore now. :oops:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Great day, so tired though!!!

Anyway i've posted some pics as well, & yes after i saw Nimz site, i've decided 2 ditch yahoo & sign up with Fotki as well.

So here it is people http://public.fotki.com/KevL/
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

How many people showed up... and how much did you all miss me? :P
LED ALL the things.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

HeY All,
What an Excellent Day I really enjoyed the relaxed drive to Geelong and the BBQ was Great. Our Special thanks to the Cook !
:wink:
ferry Ride was fantastic and loved the look on people's faces as we boarded and came off the Ferry was a good feeling!

Well to you all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year and Drive safely over the break.
Toni xx :lol:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

well what can i say - good turnout, great weather, great cruise, great food, great company - all as promised! :D:D

just some quick note from myself:

i must say my special thanks to toni, scracy and the maestro chef himself for doing such an awesome job in keeping our tummies and taste buds satisfied... you guys rocccckkk! :DV (i'm sure even the summer bull flies will vouch for that)

to Steven (erolit), thanks for the sunscreen and guiding us to the alternate BBQ spot - you're a lifesaver mate, and for that you can come to our cruise anytime, hehehe.. ;) btw that GTO looks menacing... (or did our cars made it look a little' better?) LOL..!! J/K mate - she's a damn beauty! ;)

Eric, hope you made it back to town in time without any hassles...

Scracy, i never thought polished factory wheels on the FTO could look so damn good... on ya matey! oh and next time, me thinks u need to gimme a 15sec handicap at the lights aiiiight, LOL... :P

also a big shout out to those who have made significant contributions with their photos... i'm sure there are heaps more taken that day so please share them with everyone (esp those movies Brendan!). i'm quite happy to host them for you if it's more convenient...

oh and to the boys in the MR2, it was nice having you guys tag along for the event... it' not very often we get to chat about MR2s on an FTO outting, hehehe... ;)

also gotta thank everyone for driving sensibly and staying out of trouble, it was very pleasing to see everyone enjoying and behaving themselves, heheh.. ;)

Well i think i'm rambled on enough already but let me just say give yourselves a pat on the back for being a part of this awesome event.

Next year promises to be even bigger and better so keep an eye out for news and updates! In the meantime, have yourselves a merry and safe holidays and we look forward to seeing you soon!

edit:
Supplanter wrote:How many people showed up... and how much did you all miss me? :P
Let's just say, we had sooo much fun that day we completely forgotten about you, LOL... :P You missed out big time buddy... be sure to be there for the next one! ;)

CHEERS!
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I have been to the last three cruises: Albert Park, Hot 4's photo shoot & the ferry ride.

For those of you who went to the Albert Park one, but not the other two, all I can say is you've missed out big time! These last two were even more fun than the Albert Park day.

The more people who come to these meets, the more fun it is, and the more we turn heads as we drive and park in convoy.

I look forward to more great cruises and meets next year and hope that with each event we can get more and more people to come along. It would be awesome if every time we had an event the numbers keep increasing.

It's great to meet fellow FTOers and to check out what people have done to their cars. Some of the FTOs out there are amazing.

I look forward to seeing you at the next cruise!
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Fantastic time had by everybody, well done Mikey and thanks to all of us for making this great event happen :lol: (pat yourselves on the back if you can reach! nope i cant, help!!!!!!). Special thanks to Ruchi for all them damn fine photos (took forever to download mate) (bloody dial-up). Oh and Mikey if i gave you a 15s handicap that would make my car a 1s car :? (im not THAT quik!) (oops that should have been quick?). Also special thanks to Piere (the cook!) and to fto338 (kev) purely for the entertainment value, we all rock man!. Cant wait for the next meet but until then be good and if you cant be good, be good at it :wink:
PS:Happy xmas and a merryer new year! take care guys (and gals)!
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

photos courtesy of Toni (SXCFTO) :D

WILL
Grease Monkey

Post by WILL »

AH sh*t!!!

Missed out big time.

Couldn't arrive due to work!!
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

What a Fantastic Day! Weather was good, company was good, the ferry was good and this time the food was fantastic :lol: I was so pissed off that I didnt have my FTO to drive around in. But I did get a chance to drive Toni's (SXCFTO) for about 40 metres. So at least I can say I drove a FTO on a FTO cruise!!

Special thanks to Mikey for picking me up and giving me a ride in his FTO. It is a totally different experience being a passenger in a FTO. I cant wait to go to the next cruise. Hopefully by then my FTO will be on the road.

Anyway Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all...

Brendan

P.S, Thanks Naomi for taking this shot. I look fantastic in this shot. :x A bit of warning would have been nice.. :oops: :oops:

nm30gv

Post by nm30gv »

Tis the cook here, thanks for the comments about my work for the bbq.
damn wish I could have one (fto). :cry: had a lot of fun with you guys and look forward to helping out scracy with prep of car ( 3hrs sat night to finish rims)(wife cool with it though) and seeing all of the group in the new year.

Have a great christmas and hope santa brings you what you want (especially kev, :wink: :wink: blond prefered) and have a great new year. Have approx 200 photos from both Albert Park and Geelong cruise, so mikey send a pm to me and I'll get a disk to you of them, then you could post them for me,thanks.

btw a squeese bottle of sauce was in the gear from the bbq, if anyone is missing it, it will have a wonderful holiday and will send pics of its trip to gippsland for xmas/new year to its owner.

Brendon, hope to see your car back soon, sxyfto, try and get "switched on" soon.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

DZYRME wrote:Special thanks to Mikey for picking me up and giving me a ride in his FTO. It is a totally different experience being a passenger in a FTO. I cant wait to go to the next cruise. Hopefully by then my FTO will be on the road.
no worries champ, next time i might need to whore a ride with you instead when my car is being worked on, hahaha... ;)
erolit

:]

Post by erolit »

Thanks to everyone who organised it and for letting me come along. It was a great meet!

I will upload some photos of it a bit later on.

Thanks again guys
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

doh doh doh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
looks like i missed out on a great cruise :cry:
damn work :evil: :evil: :evil:

hopefully will try to make it to the next one
it's pretty hard considering i work every 2nd sunday and every other saturday

some great photos there by the way :wink: