yo yo yo im new 2!

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bdollo
jedwabna poszewka promocja

yo yo yo im new 2!

Post by bdollo »

hey guys and girls!

my name is ben, im from sydney, 25, an aries and enjoy long walks down the beach...

right, now thats over with lets get talking!

i have to admit i dont own an fto and im probably not planning on it either (although i have dreamed of it), but my mate and i are looking at using the lovely v6 you all hammer around as a power plant for our class 2 offroad buggy.

hello?? oh good you're still there... hehe

so i was after some vital stats if i could please...

engine weight:
engine dimensions (LxHxW):
power output (mivec version):
rough price:
we are looking at the engine only, no g/box, no computer, no loom, just the engine itself and associated hardware.

we need this info to plan the engine cage size for the new car we will be building later this year.

Thanks team

Ben
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Power output is 149Kw at the fly std...
Can pick up a bare engine for $500-$1500...
As far as weights and dimensions... well i'll leave that to someone else.[/code]

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

just a stupid question to make myself like like a foo! .... would it be better to get a GR engine for osmething like this rather than Mivec?
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

mr-charisma wrote:just a stupid question to make myself like like a foo! .... would it be better to get a GR engine for osmething like this rather than Mivec?
Power Wise No!

Other Wise Yes!

Engine Size (mm) = 78.4 x 69.0

Thats all i can find for you lad.

Others can help ya more. :wink:
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2568/fbsig.jpg[/img]
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Oliver89 wrote:
mr-charisma wrote:just a stupid question to make myself like like a foo! .... would it be better to get a GR engine for osmething like this rather than Mivec?
Power Wise No!

Other Wise Yes!
I'm intrigue, please explain.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Re: yo yo yo im new 2!

Post by jonowong »

bdollo wrote: my name is ben, im from sydney, 25, an aries and enjoy long walks down the beach...
this aint a dating service lol
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

MIVEC

* Engine type — V type 6 cylinder DOHC 24 valve MIVEC
* Compression ratio — 10.0:1
* Fuel system — ECI multi
* Peak power — 147 kW (200 PS) at 7500 rpm
* Peak torque — 200.4 N·m (147 ft·lbf) at 6500 rpm
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

FTO338 wrote:
Oliver89 wrote:
Power Wise No!

Other Wise Yes!
I'm intrigue, please explain.
I just figure with all the mivec stuff, (electronics & whatever) that it'd be simpler to go with a non mivec... :roll:
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

yeah well thats what i mean if your looking powerwise go for the mivec. But if you dont want Heaps of Electronic and stuff ike you sai go for the GR motor.
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
dstocks
National Vice President

Mivec

Post by dstocks »

And if you are looking for a mivec to buy, I have 2 to choose from.....

PM Sent

Oh and welcome to the club. Not everyone on the forum own FTO's, so youre not alone :wink: .
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    FTO338
    Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

mr-charisma wrote: I just figure with all the mivec stuff, (electronics & whatever) that it'd be simpler to go with a non mivec... :roll:
    LOL the question wasn't for you bro, i was intrigure by the yes and no answer by the little one.

But he seem to copy your reply anyway :lol:

Back to the topic. I would suggest the GR engine, simply because its use for an off road buggy, and sudden urge from the MIVEC “kick inâ€
    DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
    Oliver89
    Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

FTO338 wrote:LOL the question wasn't for you bro, i was intrigure by the yes and no answer by the little one.
    Little one aye... :lol: We all Like to act Big behind our screens but i see no point of it. I guess its a Vic Thingy. :lol:
    FTO338
    Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

eheheh i'll be up in Syd again in 2mths time and let see who will be hiding then LOL

Talk about hiding, have you turn up to any of the NSW cruise yet? I was told u chicken out last time, claiming that you were "not feeling well" :lol:
    Oliver89
    Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

FTO338 wrote:eheheh i'll be up in Syd again in 2mths time and let see who will be hiding then LOL

Talk about hiding, have you turn up to any of the NSW cruise yet? I was told u chicken out last time, claiming that you were "not feeling well" :lol:
    Lmao! Mate you can come up to syd as much as you want. :D I aint going anywhere lad.

Chickend Out wtf ? Why would i When i am going to a cruise with the sydney boys on the 22nd ? ? ? whats there to chicken out about.

I think you better stop putting words in my mouth mate. :wink:
    JOeJOe
    Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Should we move this into the 'bitch fight' section??? wait we don't have one, mods, its a good reason as any to set up section for it.
    Oliver89
    Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

JOeJOe wrote:Should we move this into the 'bitch fight' section??? wait we don't have one, mods, its a good reason as any to set up section for it.
    :lol: I Reakon it'll be a good section But as always i try & keep out of there. :wink:

Hey joejoe give us your mobile number i shall call you up prolly tommorrow for a quick meet on saturday night at krispy krmem liverpool.

Me , You , Lwrida & His mate with the white FTO.

Lwrida Suggested it to me to let you no. :wink: up t you lad.
    JOeJOe
    Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

No can do, Thur Fri and Sat nights are booked until the end of the year.

The misses rules, yeah, pussy whipped. But I do get it whenever I want :twisted:
    FTO338
    Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Bitch fight for what ahahaha this is just bunch of fun. Olly been playing along well.

Btw Olly i was talking when a member rang u for a quick cruise, not the future one. Anyway who cares. I think the others getting too much fun out of this :lol:
    eThix
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

lol is this post event about a engine now???
    Oliver89
    Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

FTO338 wrote:Bitch fight for what ahahaha this is just bunch of fun. Olly been playing along well.

Btw Olly i was talking when a member rang u for a quick cruise, not the future one. Anyway who cares. I think the others getting too much fun out of this :lol:
    lol all good man i am also having fun no seriousness... lol pretty stupid if we were. All Fun & Games and abit of Entertainment if people were getting tired. :D

FTO338 likes to spark up the place a little and same with me i guess.