Handy hints for holidays on the Gold Coast

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Handy hints for holidays on the Gold Coast

Post by GPXXX »

Any handy pointers on where's the best place to stay, best clubs/bars, shopping strips etc?

Would prefer to stay close to the theme parks if possible.

Budget for accom: up to $80p/n

Looking for travel sometime around mid-late March '04 for around 3 nights, and hoping to meet and enjoy some R&R together with fellow Qld club members during that time if possible..!!

Any takers?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I'm not from Qld, but i can answer this Q since i've been Qld lots of times, most motel r around $80 p/n, if not Ibis is not that bad, they from $99 to $120, & is 3 star hotel.

Try http://www.accorhotels.com.au it includes Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure, All Seasons, Coralia & Ibis, & if u lucky u can get so super internet deals.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

bloody victorians! :wink:
Theremin
Grease Monkey

Post by Theremin »

I stayed at a place called Maldives resort on the Gold Coast a couple of times (before I moved to Brisbane). It is a high-rise within walking distance of the main shopping area of Surfers, although its about good 1/2 hour walk. It's about 50m back from Main Beach. Rates were about $120 for a twin share room I think. But I'm sure there is plenty of other places.

Sea World is fairly close to Surfers, but the other theme parks are about a 20 min drive north. I reckon you'd be better to stay in Surfers and drive to the theme parks as there is not much else to do where they are.

We should be able to organise a few people from the QldFTO group to get together when you are there.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yeah it'd be awesome to hang out with some fellow QLD members! anyone up for this?? it's not exactly a cruise or anything but still a fun thing to do nevertheless....
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Mate,

I can only suggest you check out www.wotif.com.au, www.dingoescape.com or any of the other standby sites for a good accomodation deal on the Gold Coast.

Somewhere close to Cavall Avenue will be what you want if you want to be close to shops, pubs, clubs, beach etc.

The Courtyard Mariott is good but expect to pay $140 per double including buffet breakfast.

Don't stress about the theme parks if you are keen to go as public transport to them is very good. (and heaps heaps cheaper than cab or coach)

Cheers

Chris
blk_fto
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D Or you could come to Sydney.... Beautiful one day and even better the next... hehehe :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Mind as well stay in Melb then, since Melb get all the state weather in one day, why leave!!!! ahahaaahahah
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

If your keen for some good driving, great scenery, fantastic food and beverage (can't beat Cascade beer) and unpredictable weather then I suggest you go down to Tassie.

When I lived down there I used to help organise a trip every 2 years for the WRX Clubs from other states to do their own (legal speed) version of Targa over 4 days including the Melbourne Cup long weekend.

Was an absolute blast.

Only a short boat trip away for your guys.

Chris
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

FTO Targa Tasmania - that would be SEN - F****N - SATIONAL !!!!

Boat leaves from Sydney now as well!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Teania wrote:FTO Targa Tasmania - that would be SEN - F****N - SATIONAL !!!!

Boat leaves from Sydney now as well!
don't we have that already? i think the place is called the Black Spur or Mount Dandy, hahaha... JK

Which strikes me, any Tassie members here at all???