Sub install

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

messy
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Sub install

Post by messy »

Hey guys, had my stereo done for some time now but never got around to having my 12" sub bolted / stuck down

Whats the best way to go about this. In my old car it was literally nailed/screwed in through the boot floor - which meant it was hard if i wanted to get to the spare tyre (meaning i carreied it in the boot leaving me no room). Wanted to avoid this.

Is there some type of extra strength velcro or carpet glue or anything i can do to stop my sub flying around?
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

nail blocks of wood around the sub...

so u can still pull the sub upwards.. but it will stop sideways movement
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

don't know how to explain this ... maybe you could screw some kind of quick release latch .. door hasp might be best to each corner of the sub box & bolt something into the floor for them to attach to can use padlocks to keep them in place or buy some with self locking mechanisms

I don't really know how strong the mounting points would need to be if the box is flying around all over the boot... should be able to find somehting pretty heavy duty though

HEHE, just had to add this one :P
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

LOL if you find out tell me :lol:

*mutters*

Stupid fires :x
messy
Grease Monkey

Post by messy »

your fire has prompted me to do something before its too late :)

your an inspiration ... of what not to do hahaha

im thinking blocks of wood might be a quick easy thing. paint em black etc or im searching for super strength velcro still haha
messy
Grease Monkey

Post by messy »

been a bit busy but got around to my local alberts car stereo, they are waiting on 'box straps' to come in and ill get some fitted..

quite cheap to do.. i think he said about $15 for the straps.

I think basically they are attached to the sub box and somewhere else you like in the boot. if i like ill do and post some pics could be a cheap and easy fix to stopping fires in your car :roll:

has anyone done / got pics of a sub box thats strapped in?
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

If u wanna see go take pics of my car... its at joe and ricks... MDF bolted to floor, sub strapped to it..

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.