Melbourne FTO turbo fabrication

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

salacious
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by salacious »

The ECU pinouts are the same on the GR and GPX, although you may have a slight different for the airflow meters!
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

GPXXX wrote:Genesis Racing will be releasing a kit in a few months time so keep an eye out for it. The current prototype is currently being tested - will keep you all up to date as soon as details become available.
As part of this how did you go with the following:
1) How much did this alter your insurance by?
2) What did you need to do with the RTA (VicRoads) and what issues were there?
3) What was involved with the engineers certificate and what mods and costs were involved with the engineers certificate?

Thanks
MIVEC is My Friend :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

salacious wrote:The ECU pinouts are the same on the GR and GPX, although you may have a slight different for the airflow meters!
Are you sure? Cause i've got 3 different type of 6A12 (V6) pinout already :?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
salacious
Grease Monkey

Post by salacious »

The pinouts that the eManage use is the exact same on the GR as it is on the GPX. The only problem is that it wont let you change the MIVEC point.

The pinouts that are common are injectors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ignition 1/4, ignition 2/5, ignition 3/6, throttle and airflow. The airflow signal is different between the engines.

Can you send me the pinouts that you have for the 6A12?
akumi
Mechanic

Post by akumi »

can't wait to know how much hp a turbo fto is and also how much the costs gonna be!
EZCONSOLE & EZMODCHIPS - We repair, upgrade and buy off Xbox 360, Wii, NDS, PS2 and PS3. Pickup & delivery services available. Xbox, Wii and NDS repair and opening tools available. Reasonable offers for non-working xbox 360 and Wii. Contact me for all oth
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

akumi wrote:can't wait to know how much hp a turbo fto is and also how much the costs gonna be!
Well theres already 4 turbo FTO in Aus that i'm aware of, 1 in SA, 2 in Vic, 1 in NSW, & 1 in QLD.

Do a seach & u find them all. :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
YLD-FTO
Apprentice

Post by YLD-FTO »

this is very interesting thanks folks.. been thinking of converting mine to turbo since i got my fto....... some pple have suggested to me gettn a NOS set up.... ofcourse id need an ECU but what do you all think of NOS rather then turbo....

would installing NOS to get about 50HP extra be a goood idea or should i concentrate on turbo???? :?: :?:
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

well
NOS=temporary, short time, expensive if you intend to use often
turbo=continuous

plus nos is illegal for street use, so it depends
if your after a quick 1/4 mile drag car, by all means consider it, but for track work/regular car its not really practical imo

SilentbOb
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Well usless u plan to strengthen your engine internals, using nos aint a good idea, besides how can u put the 2 in the same bracket, nos is just for fun IMO, ud hardly ever use it, and like has been mentioned if u did it would cost u an arm and a leg, go the turbo is your after the power boost
looii
Apprentice

Post by looii »

Hey GPXX, how is your turbo prototype goin??
Im just curious how much u have spent on your car ehehehe. And if the group your working with is making a turbo kit for the ftos....in a certain price range. Very interested....
I checked out AVO cos i like their pricing inbetween 4-6 gs, but they don't have any turbo kits for FTO's =(
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

it's going great so far, at least nothing's broken yet LoL... ;)

just some minor cold-start issues to sort out and more fine-tuning required coz she's really thirsty on Optimax these days LoL...

we are still testing the prototype on my car so if all goes well, this kit will be ready for mass production hopefully towards early next year.

power figures will vary depending on which turbo you choose but should be able to surprise a few turbo'd & V8 cars out there with this kit...

as for how much i've spent so far, well let's just say "DON'T ASK"... :oops:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well since its a mass production, it should be cheaper then yours right? Anyway will the kits suit both Tip & Man FTO? I know yours is manual.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

GPXXX wrote:as for how much i've spent so far, well let's just say "DON'T ASK"... :oops:
If I'm not mistaken, on another car forum, which shall remain nameless, you admitted to it costing more than 5 digits (7 digits if you include cents :wink:) - i.e. over $10K 8O
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

ruchi wrote:
GPXXX wrote:as for how much i've spent so far, well let's just say "DON'T ASK"... :oops:
If I'm not mistaken, on another car forum, which shall remain nameless, you admitted to it costing more than 5 digits (7 digits if you include cents :wink:) - i.e. over $10K 8O
Aren't you nosy ruchi :roll:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

They're PUBLIC forums :wink:

P.S.
I noticed you joined that forum recently too :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

ruchi wrote:They're PUBLIC forums :wink:

P.S.
I noticed you joined that forum recently too :D
Yeah after looking throught it for 2yrs, & i already knew a lot of people from there as well, so mind as well clock up their counter too haahahhaahaha

Anyway you still nosy :twisted:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

in case anybody failed to realise, a majority of work carried out on my car is fully custom, from cooler piping to manifolds and tuning...

full-custom jobs require hours upon hours of trial and error... trial and error takes time and labour... time and labour equals money.

once the custom prototype is fully tested and ready to be developed for mass production, the cost should lower substantially because the necessary R&D costs have already been absorbed by 'yours truly'...

so essentially, i'm the poor guinea pig here who is putting in a portion of the hard yards (and hard earned dollars) to get this kit developed in the sake of catering for all you power-hungry mongrels out there with money to burn... ;):P

as for whether the kit will fit on tip or GRs, well that will be a part of the testing phase... ;)
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

Hey Mikey

I did warn you about the costs

But hey is it worth it once you feel the boost

The look on the faces when you blow them away with a FWD

Priceless
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

Just wondering when this kit is ready. If I was to drop in a 6A13 TT would the kit fit up to it?

(Not that I’m ever gonna have enough money to do that) :?
mrStumpy
Grease Monkey

Post by mrStumpy »

Hey GPXXX

hows the project going, and how much more insurance do you have to pay?
http://ftogpxfs.blogspot.com/