FTO Working Bee

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

97gpx
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by 97gpx »

I will try and get there as well on Sunday. Can't promise at this stage but I definately want to do my angel eyes
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style8,97GPX-spc-FTO.png[/img][/url]
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

OK. The plan is, to come straight here on Sunday. Aiming to start on Mel's seats around 10am. Feel free to turn up any time after then.
We will supply lunch (so long as you dont eat like a ravaged lion) and we're planning a bbq dinner. BYO meat, and drinks. Youre all welcome to kick on after the sun goes down. Swimmers if you want a spa.
I might even break out the gold label scotch... if youre nice to me :P

Mel - PM sent
Stew - PM sent
Travis - I dont know your number.
Glamorous or Phantom - If you have Travis' number, can you send it to me or Lee please ?
97GPX - PM sent

As far as working on the cars, I have a fair range of tools, but feel free to bring your own.

Anyone else wants to come, let me know and I'll PM you my address.

Seeya all Sunday. :D
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

Woo - Made it home in about 30 min - A new Stewart Best :D - Much better then the 2h on the way there... 8O

Yea thanks for the fun time and the Good Food, i sure learnt allot. - That silver front lights are POPULAR! lol anyway

thanks again for the invite and Look froward to the next cruse

ps - hope everyone got there lights on and safely home...
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Thanx to those who came today. I think we achieved a lot. And some of us learnt stuff too. Had 7 cars... and not even a cruise !!!

So I took some photos to memorialise the occasion :D

We got a set of seat covers installed, and 4 sets of angel eyes, and damn my fingers hurt :cry:
phantom
Grease Monkey

Post by phantom »

Hey good morning every one

i know most of you are still in bed or waking up with a hangover or just tired from last night, i just want to say i had a fantastic day, the pic look great , the angel eyes look hot.

we need to get together more often, we learnt a lot about our cars, and now i have a lot more confidence in taking our cars apart and putting them together.

lots of love the italian stallion, ( phantom ) he he
Topic written by a Sexy Wog Yeah Baby!
Mel_star_1
Grease Monkey

Post by Mel_star_1 »

Morning :D

Well what can i say, a huge THANK YOU to steve and lee for having us all at their place for a fantastic day and for all there help especially steve for all the work he'd done on my seat covers. They looks awesome :)

Cool photos to and i must say those pink lights actually look a tad red in the pic......nice one :P

Well hope you all have a great day and once again thanks so much to everyone for their help with my seat covers i really appreciated it.

Can't wait till our next cruise.

Heres some photos of my seat covers, the passenger side still needs to be zipped up to make it look tight. But they still turned out awesome. :D

[img]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/mel_star_1/melstar2ip8.jpg[/img]
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Was great having you all here. Will need to do it again some time, except maybe with a little more relaxing. More alcohol, few games of pool, etc etc :D
97gpx
Apprentice

Post by 97gpx »

A HUGE thank you to Steve and Lee and the rest of the family for putting up with us taking up the front yard, and most of the house for the whole of Sunday. It was a really good day. :D

Looking forward to the next time we all get to do something like that.

Just a quick one as well after spending 2.5 hours pulling out my fog lights switch cleaning it and trying to put it back together, I finally succeeded. Now I have working foglights AND Angel Eyes. I will get a photo tomorrow night, can't be bothered tonight.

So if anyone want to know how to clean the fog light switch to make it work again if it is not burn out I can probably help you do it
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style8,97GPX-spc-FTO.png[/img][/url]
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Strange you should mention that. I pulled my fog light switch apart to find out why it wasnt working the other night. First thing I saw was some distortion of the plastic from over heating. I managed to get it working though, had to use a file to get rid of the molten plastic. So my priority now (and I reccomend it to everyone who uses their foglights) is to install a relay, so the fog light current isnt running thru the small plasic switch. Look forward to seeing the picks Kevin.
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

That MUST be the reason why mine were actin funny because that day my lights were tuning on and off.. my car on the inside was smelling like ..... well something burning... i will have to check it out also.
97gpx
Apprentice

Post by 97gpx »

phantom
Grease Monkey

Post by phantom »

the lights look great

were did u connect them 2, can you show a diagram or explain how u wired them up cose i would like to get ours connected before this months cruise.

i havent herd from any one whether we are getting together to finish connecting up these lights. i dont have electrical experience but if someone explains it clearly to me i might be able to connect them.

thanx guys
phantom
Grease Monkey

Post by phantom »

hi all over the weekend glamorous and i with travis as the auto electrician finaly completed the wiring of our angel eyes, im trying to take pics with my phone cam but its hard to make out , travis has some shots with his camera hoping he will put them up soon. they look hot.

ps. yes mine look pink :oops:

its ok though.
glamorous
Grease Monkey

Post by glamorous »

yeah finally we got them put in, thanks to travis for helping steve and me and puting up with us all day. travis took pics so hopefully will post to c the angel eyes. as soon as we saw steves ones we knew he was gna copp it from everyone
its okay phantom, i like pink.. hehe
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

LOL. I spent the weekend working on my car as well.

Saturday - Took the lights out and baked them. Installed the Angel Eyes (Didnt have to cut the wires and resolder them either Travis. I managed to get the plugs off, feed the wires thru the small hole I drilled, and put the plug back on). Then rebaked, and started the wiring in the car.

Sunday - Finished wiring thru a switch on my dash so I can switch them off if required :wink: . Also wired in a relay to my Foglights.

Finished product looks awesome though. I dont know how you wired them up, but since I got blue and white angel eyes, I wired them so the blue ones (around the low beam lights) come on with parkers. The white ones (around high beam lights) come on with low beam. Sorta hard to explain. When I find some batteries for the camera, I'll take some pics.
TCGPX
Grease Monkey

Post by TCGPX »

Better late than never????

First- pics from the working bee:

Steve hard at work...
Mel's Seat covers in progress- Damn that zipper!!!!
Another serve of headlight anyone?
I loved the looks on peoples faces as they were going past this:
Finished products:
My car with angel eyes Fitted (Only took me 20 photo's or so to get the focus right on this one. LOL):
Lineup:

And finally some pics from my trip up the riverland last weekend:
Steve (Sparhawk): You bastard! Kevin and I spent ages trying to do that with the plugs, they just wouldn't come out!
Thanks again for hosting us all. Was a great day.

Phantom and Glamorous: Putting up with you guys: LOL. It's always a laugh and we got some good work done. Cheers for the hospitality.
Oh and I did do a Hindley with just the parkers on. Get's a lot of attention, fortunately none from the boys in blue :wink:

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the Mannum cruise :D
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1613/sigpic2se2.jpg[/img]
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Love those sunset shots mate. Where abouts up the river were you ?

Oh, took some pics of my angel eyes.

First with parkers or just foglights, just the blue ones come on :

When I put low beam on, the white ones come on as well :

The photo's really dont do them justice.
StewGood
Apprentice

Post by StewGood »

OMG - SWEEET PICS TRAVIS.......

The sunset ones with your lights on Looks Great- Definatly a desktop theme :D - hope you dont mind.. :D -

mine insnt photographic Material.... yet...