In car DVD question

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

messy
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

In car DVD question

Post by messy »

I had my stereo done about 6 months ago and i didnt end up going for an indash DVD system as i thought i would probably grow out of the idea.

However, thinkin about it now..... they're pretttty cool. Ive seen a range advertised from in store to online. prices from 300/400 to $2000

Im always seening on ebay the cheaper models such as:

http://cgi.ebay.com/720TS-7-TOUCH-SCREE ... dZViewItem

Then you hear people say the cheaper models and the same as the expensive ones just stamped different etc. If the case is the cheaper models and crap then so be it but i was wondering has anyone ever bought / seen/ tried these less known brand names?
messy
Grease Monkey

Post by messy »

devil2004
Grease Monkey

Post by devil2004 »

The thing you need to worry about when buying overseas is the compatability of the item in Australia. Especially when buying from the states as they use a different radio frequency to us and they are in a different DVD region to Aust.

Other differences between cheaper models and branded ones include:
1. The quaility of the screen. Cheap DVD player usually also means poor quality LCD screen
2. The sound produced might not have the same clarity as branded models.

The other thing to worry about is aftersales service. Most of these cheap screens don't come with a warranty and usually come with very poor installation instructions.

Don't forget the headunit is the heart of your audio system. I'd personally save up and get a decent DVD player.
msbchi
Grease Monkey

Ebay

Post by msbchi »

I think you will find that most of the cheaper ones on Ebay are older style models. The good stuff have usb/ sd inputs GPS or GPS compatible and the latest have bluetooth also single din rather than a seperate monitor or a double din but the main thing to be aware of is the one you listed is $500 U.S. so you have to add another $150 and the most insidious trap is the postage cost. I've seen some things advertised for a few dollars with a $200 postage cost . Buyer beware. But even so I'm still bidding on the JVC avx3...4in usb sd bluetooth or the Chinese copy which uses pretty much the same components as JVC
messy
Grease Monkey

Post by messy »

as ive been lookin at 1-din units, i currently have an alpine deck which is great... is it possible to install both the 1din dvd and keep my 1din deck in?

that probably sounds stupid but i wonder if it would work?

Also, regarding the DVD region etc, i would get a multi region unit and of course try get some type of warranty.. but i guess thats a trade off in some cases.

Im quite concerned about sound quality overall as i have a fairly nice quality sounding system as it is.
messy
Grease Monkey

Post by messy »

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/7-TOUCH-SCREEN-D ... dZViewItem

Just saw the above, as mentioned - it has the USB and SD features, its selling from Australia so there wont be region problems.. going $500aud- inc. shipping, its a matter of figuring out sound and screen quality.

having trouble finding actual reviews: the brand is EONON
msbchi
Grease Monkey

/

Post by msbchi »

Check the feedback section on Ebay and you'll find EONON have a very good rating not just for delivery but the quality of the product. There are better systems out there but hey it's in a car with a 7in screen so the difference is negligable
devil2004
Grease Monkey

Post by devil2004 »

messy wrote:as ive been lookin at 1-din units, i currently have an alpine deck which is great... is it possible to install both the 1din dvd and keep my 1din deck in?

that probably sounds stupid but i wonder if it would work?
yes you can have 2 headunits installed at the same time but you'll probably need to connect your alpine to the DVD unit through AUX, i.e. you'll need to have your DVD unit on in order to use your alpine deck. I'm not sure if this will affect the sound quality from your alpine deck. :oops: