dyno day $25 a car 22nd july

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by khunjeng »

AJ wrote:2.5 inch exhaust (came with car when I got it so no details of that)
UAS flex pipe (http://www.uniqueautosports.com/)
UAS CAI (http://www.uniqueautosports.com/)
Titanium spark plugs
flex pipe as the downpipes?

Yeah my bet is that you havnt got a good high flow cat and muffler - they are key.

However mine is tip and runs about 106 without the extractors. Just zorst and CAI, different day and different dyno.

your 1/4 time is quite good and personally thats all I would worry about. Dyno is a tuning gudie its not absolute.
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

My first dyno result 3 years ago

And then Sunday's effort. I noticed that the air/fuel ratio is different, but I don't know what it means. Any advice please?

Video of 2 of my runs on Sunday
http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/ ... 8f0bf8.flv

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/ ... c2b563.flv
Last edited by AJ on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

3 years ago, you can really see my MIVEC spike, but on Sunday, it's hardly there.
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

AJ wrote: And then Sunday's effort. I noticed that the air/fuel ratio is different, but I don't know what it means. Any advice please?
Don't read too much into it. There's all the variables which come into different dyno results:
- environment (temperature, humidity, pressure)
- dyno (you went to a different dyno, when it was last calibrated, different types of dynos, the mode it was in, the operator settings)
- car (what tyres, tyre pressure, condition of spark plugs, type of fuel, gear)
etc etc etc

I would say that a 10% variance would be seen if you took your car around to a few workshops on one day.

The main differences in your AFRs between the runs are that up the top end it's a bit richer. Perhaps an air/fuel controller (eg SAFC) could tweak results across the range.

Like KJ said, your 1/4 mile time has shown you have decent power and at the end of the day you can't make a good time if you don't have the power. Come down to WSID again and see if you can improve on it!
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

kid_dynamite wrote:
AJ wrote: And then Sunday's effort. I noticed that the air/fuel ratio is different, but I don't know what it means. Any advice please?
Don't read too much into it. There's all the variables which come into different dyno results:
- environment (temperature, humidity, pressure)
- dyno (you went to a different dyno, when it was last calibrated, different types of dynos, the mode it was in, the operator settings)
- car (what tyres, tyre pressure, condition of spark plugs, type of fuel, gear)
etc etc etc

I would say that a 10% variance would be seen if you took your car around to a few workshops on one day.

The main differences in your AFRs between the runs are that up the top end it's a bit richer. Perhaps an air/fuel controller (eg SAFC) could tweak results across the range.

Like KJ said, your 1/4 mile time has shown you have decent power and at the end of the day you can't make a good time if you don't have the power. Come down to WSID again and see if you can improve on it!
yeah tumbs up to that. So I suspect you have a bit more than the dyno results indicated. Unfortunatly both runs are on different scales. If you can plot various points to see how accross the range it has changed. For example one of my dynos was as follows. This was a hot day on 98RON. I have done it with 104RON on a cold day and its closer to 300.

SO the point is so many varying conditions. Live each Q-Mile at a time :P