dyno day $25 a car 22nd july

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

aza013
NSW Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by aza013 »

it may just need a tuneup AJ a little tweek in the right places :lol:
and the fuel makes a big difference to vpower gets me 112.5kw 98 only gets a low 106.5 and the fuel air mix is alover the place :x

and trying to get the pics up soon to of most of the cars on the day :D
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

AJ wrote:Gutted. :cry: I pulled 96.5kw (I was the best TIP FTO on the day though :P )My first dyno run 3 years ago was 95kw. Since then I've done cold air and pipes, for 1.5kw, not really worth the money. Any ideas on why? Like AZA, I couldn't get any V power so had to run with BP Ultimate, still 98 octane but. Still runs a 14.678 1/4 mile though :wink:
Its annoying as all hell hey mate. I've spent a fortune on my engine to only manage around 120kws & yet you were able to beat me down the strip. My next car investment will be focused purely on forced induction! After a cold air intake & exhaust, the rest is just money wasted....
aza013 wrote:it may just need a tuneup AJ a little tweek in the right places :lol:
and the fuel makes a big difference to vpower gets me 112.5kw 98 only gets a low 106.5 and the fuel air mix is alover the place :x
Dont forget, different dynos will give different results. Even things down to air temp, humidity, tyre pressures, tyre types will all give variations in the results. Also was this a differrent dyno to the one you got your first figures on? If so, its like comparing apples & oranges. I can manage 120kws during a tune up @ Croydon Racing, yet I'd be lucky to hit 110 on the UAS dyno.... its a tight arse dyno :lol:
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

:( seems to have missed out a lot....

got up late yesterday....then tried to get there myself....but couldnt find the place. tried to run up and down old illarrawa / menai rd for 3 times....just couldn't find it..... :cry:

anyway....look forward to next one....and will get up on time.. :oops:

anyway...happy for you guys.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I did the 112.5 run on the same dyno so it comes down to the fuel for me, I also put in a pro octain boost to to test if it realy dose what it said it would do add up to 7 numbers on the ron but it dos nothing so better to just put $20 onto getting Vpower fuel :lol:
this one is going in 3rd 4th and 5th as you can see all fuel air mix lines are not to bad Vpower
and this one is jumping all over the place 98ron
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Cheers for trying to make me feel better guys. Looks like the best mod I could do now is to get a manual conversion :wink: or some NOS!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

mmmmmmmmmmmm nos :twisted:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

AJ wrote:NOS!
Did someone say 'Group Buy?' :D
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

:lol: :lol: Im in for that :lol: :lol:
just have to get the mods first and then bring on NOS :twisted: :lol:
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Interesting to see what Delvance always used to tell me - that the FTOs can hit the speed limiter in 4th quite easily. He only has minimal additions (a rear muffler) to the car and still hit it.

FT04ME also hit the limiter at 7000rpm in 4th so I'm not surprised we only got 101.9kw. With the limiter disabled we would have seen a bit more up top.

Tonight I'll post up what videos I have and will arrange for CDs to be burnt for anyone interested.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

sory if I did not get a pic of your car :(
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

aza013 wrote:Image
A bit shakey there AZA, did my 96.5 kw get you worried? :lol:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

:lol: for some reason all the pics I took of your car all came out like that :?
I think your car is possessed :lol: or it was shaking with strain of trying to hold back the power :D
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

haha, I've got some that I can post up tomorrow. He is a true sleeper, he even hides his power on the dyno, but line up next to him and you'll be sorry.... :twisted: Speaking of that, a BMW X5 had a go on Saturday at the lights, tut tut, he should have known better! :roll:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: that is true lol and for BMW :twisted: they will never learn :lol:
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Looks great guys...

Rock_it: Good to see the new owner putting that car to good use...
Awesome read out...

After mine was turbo'd i ran a 118kw. But the intercooler hose wasnt connected properly. So i was running no boost..

Want to do one of these in qld... looks like a fun day!

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Yeah, I am heaps happy with the result ... I gotta admit, I was not expecting anything too much ... I thought in the 90's is all I would have got...

I was using the Caltex Premium Unleaded in her .. So yeah, would like to see if V-Power would give her a little more power .... I have always been too scared to put in Ethanol blended fuel ...
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

rock_it wrote:Yeah, I am heaps happy with the result ... I gotta admit, I was not expecting anything too much ... I thought in the 90's is all I would have got...

I was using the Caltex Premium Unleaded in her .. So yeah, would like to see if V-Power would give her a little more power .... I have always been too scared to put in Ethanol blended fuel ...
V-Power is not ethanol blended.

V-Power Racing contains 5% ethanol but is fine to use in your FTO.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

wow 6kW from v-power!
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

AJ wrote:Gutted. :cry: I pulled 96.5kw (I was the best TIP FTO on the day though :P )My first dyno run 3 years ago was 95kw. Since then I've done cold air and pipes, for 1.5kw, not really worth the money. Any ideas on why? Like AZA, I couldn't get any V power so had to run with BP Ultimate, still 98 octane but. Still runs a 14.678 1/4 mile though :wink:

The s.line that got 234kw yesterday was one that I ran against at the drags a few weeks ago. He gave me a 3 second head start and still beat me by about .5 of a second. He's a good lad though.
what mods have you done exactly?
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

2.5 inch exhaust (came with car when I got it so no details of that)
UAS flex pipe (http://www.uniqueautosports.com/)
UAS CAI (http://www.uniqueautosports.com/)
Titanium spark plugs