Vertical doors now fitted

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

markyboy
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Vertical doors now fitted

Post by markyboy »

This is the news that i have been waiting for.Just off the phone to the bodyshop and the lambo style doors are now fitted and looking stunning.They said because of the size of door that the door goes noce and high and you could get 2 people in at once. Im going tomorrow to get some pics and have a look.They had to cut off my Topmix sideskirts as they were blended into the wings and touch up a few bits, so it will not be ready to drive home until next week.Just so excited now, cant wait.I have had 6 hrs sleep in 3 days now ( not too unusual for me--poor sleeper )thinking about the car and if everything is going alright.Bodyshop said itr was difficult because the kit wasnt meant for the car, they had to cut the door kit and my inner wings etc but got there in the end.How bloody happy am i just now.As far as im aware this is only the sencong FTO in the world to have this done......

Post by GPXXX »

congrats mate - can't wait to see the pics! :D

and did you say they were modified Decah kits for the Civic or something?
Radium
Apprentice

Post by Radium »

How much is it costing you? And where are you getting it done heh?
markyboy
Apprentice

Verical doors now complete

Post by markyboy »

Yeah mate, it was the Civic kit from Decah.Took the body shop around 10-12hrs to do not including unbolting the wings and bumper etc.Still to find out how much its costing as i have the multi-flip paint and parts of the car need re-done now due to the sideskirts being blended onto the bottom of the wings and the wings had to be cut to allow the kit to come through.Will post some pics when i go and see it tomorrow.
markyboy
Apprentice

Here are some pics

Post by markyboy »

There are a few pics of my car with the doors fitted on the UK FTO Owners club site.Its still in the bodyshop and has to get the wings back on and sideskirts blended and painted again, but at least the doors are on and work fine... :lol: :lol:

http://www.rkemery.com/misc/pics/vertical006.jpg

http://www.rkemery.com/misc/pics/vertical011.jpg

http://www.rkemery.com/misc/pics/vertical015.jpg
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

looks bloody awesome mate! Good work!! damn i envy you.... :twisted:
markyboy
Apprentice

Pics

Post by markyboy »

Dont know why--you have them fitted and a damn sexy bird standing next to your car.. :lol: :lol: :wink:
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

your car looks sweet........now and before.

I guess you went 4 the show car look................nice job :wink:

I'll be looking forward to the magazine stories about you.
markyboy
Apprentice

Mags

Post by markyboy »

Done the major mags mate, well over hear anyway.Done Max Power, Fast Car and Japanese Performance mag.Banzai mag are trying to get a feature but i need s few things done over the winter first.Still to finish off my doorcards in cream leather--the door rubs slightly on the top half inch of doorcard when the door is fully open and wigled about.Will have this cut off and then leather applied.I have a little bit of performance as well, doner the breathing etc and have 100 shots of nitrous to help her along, with a stonking great big polished bottle sitting on a custom made ramp cut into the back seat. :lol:
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

whats next.............TURBO AND INTERNALS?
markyboy
Apprentice

Vertical doors

Post by markyboy »

Nope---Evo VI....I am friends with Marcwho fitted the first RPW turbo kit but still not going down that road.I bought the car because it looked great and i thought i could develope the cars looks a bit further, i have done that now and am finished.No point in trying to get big power from the car as it is crazy money just to get up to Evo power, why not buy the Evo, 4 whhel drive and a chassis capable of putting the power down...Will keep the FTO for a year or so now though... :wink:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

3 things come straight 2 my mine, when i saw your photo!!!

1. Your car is so awesome, inside & out, great job mate.

2. What happen to the guy in QLD claim that he can get a Vertical kit for $2,500Aus

3. I hope this kit is not going 2 be the next "culture kit" like the veilside kit, which every tom, dick & harry got one, from Supra, MR2, to FTO. Don't get me wrong the veilside kit look great, but there're just 2 many of them.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

whether you like it or not, scissor door mods are now the 'happening' thing, and don't be surprised to see them on Mirages and Excels...

it's the biggest trend since chrome wheels (which are slowly dying in popularity) and copy-cat Evo kits... 8)

having said that, i still want scissor-doors on my baby! :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

i already seen them on a mirage already, so its half way there mate!!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Looks very nice there indeed.

I'm curious as to how much more difficult it is for you to get in and out of the car now. Looking at the side on pic it doesn't look like there is much room to get in/out, especially if you sit close to the steering wheel.

Can't wait to see the pics of when your car is back in one piece again showing off the doors.

Well done.
markyboy
Apprentice

Vertical doors with pics

Post by markyboy »

To be honest there is loads of room, much much more than i thought.Think this is down to the door being as large as it is, this means the further away from the hinge then the larger the opening.I got in and out even with the car resting on the garage ramps about 5 foot in the air with little room to move about.Should have the car back in around 1 week or so from now.It will need major cleaning of the engine bay because of the bodyshop dust all over my lovely chrome...but thats something i dont mind... :oops:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

FTO338 wrote: 2. What happen to the guy in QLD claim that he can get a Vertical kit for $2,500Aus
if i can find somebody to fabricate a duplicate kit based on an existing design for a much lesser price, would anybody be interested in chipping in the costs? If we can get something like 8 ppl or more, the price should come down dramatically to about $2K (or even less).
Last edited by GPXXX on Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
markyboy
Apprentice

Vertical doors

Post by markyboy »

My kit wouldnt have been much more than that to buy and ship to the UK, im sure if you guys all put together then you would get them cheaper than that. :lol:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Marky how much did you pay for the Decah kit, and what sort of modifications were required on the kit itself? I don't suppose you have pics of the actual kit/mechanisms available would you? hehehe... ;)
wildfaye
Grease Monkey

Post by wildfaye »

markyboy, how much extra weight does it add to e car?