Vertical doors now fitted

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by GPXXX »

well the red widebodied PETIR Celica in Melbourne has a similar Decah scissor door kit fitted and that alone added about 15kgs if that's anything to go by... :?

...oh and the owner paid $4K just for the mechanisms alone. :roll:

markyboy
Apprentice

Lambo style doors

Post by markyboy »

The full package that arived weighed 32lbs, take the packaging from this and it should be around 30lbs but then you take off your original hindges which are maybe about 2lbs in total so the answer would be about 28lbs at an educated guess.I have a source who will send the kits to me cheaper than the price that guy has paid, with the exchange rate i would guess you would be looking at about $2400-$2800.Hope this helps.

What happened to the guy who said he was getting it done at a good price over there in Aus.....
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Got your PM mark- thanks buddy!

Guys, if you are serious about this let me know.
StuMcGrath

Post by StuMcGrath »

Mark,

you just can't stop braggin about those doors can you??

every forum I go on I see the same post 8O but I'm only pi$$ed off cos I want them too :cry:

looks crazy good....

stu.
MarkFTO
Apprentice

Post by MarkFTO »

aye markyboy... go on use up all my bandwidth posting your pics around the world... which forums next, ones actually in japan ;)

//\\//\\ark
markyboy
Apprentice

FTO

Post by markyboy »

Japan you say mate.. :wink: :lol:
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Theres nothing like spamming the world....:lol:

Robb...
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

2. What happen to the guy in QLD claim that he can get a Vertical kit for $2,500Aus
i aint gone anywhere, i just kind of spent to much on christmas prezzies and alchol, and also i getting it done for just over 1500. and i am still 100% sure about getting them, just as always money held me back and also thinking of postponing until after stereo goes in, which costing me about the same. so sorry if people waiting for pics and stuff, however i did gett some pics about a week ago of the hinges and stuff that use to atach to the car. i would love to post them up but i cant get the damn thing to post, if someone wants me to email the pics to them so they could post them i can do that.

Tom
Whats an FTO?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

send them my way NOW! :D
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

heres a handy little site ive come accross for uploading pics

http://www.uploadit.org/

very handy, no charge and very simple to use.

Tim
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah send them my way 2!! Cheaper 4 group buy???
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
markyboy
Apprentice

HAindges

Post by markyboy »

I would apreciate a few pics of the hindges also to compare again the ones that i have on my car.Should be getting it back today... :lol:
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

i have sent both the pics to mikey, they are quite big (1mb) so prob better to wait for him to post them up.
Whats an FTO?
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

damn, i mikeys hotamil wont accept the size and i cant shrink the pics. can anyone out there know that they can recieve a 535kb pic and that can post it up? please let me know your email if you can
Whats an FTO?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Raven wrote:damn, i mikeys hotamil wont accept the size and i cant shrink the pics. can anyone out there know that they can recieve a 535kb pic and that can post it up? please let me know your email if you can
dude, send it to mikey168@ncable.net.au
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

done, just hope they get to you this time
Whats an FTO?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

pics received... thanks!

are they made from cast iron construction or what sort of metal was used??
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

i have no idea, but i can email the guy and ask him. anyone else have any questions i can ask so i dont keep going back and bugging him?
Whats an FTO?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Raven wrote:i have no idea, but i can email the guy and ask him. anyone else have any questions i can ask so i dont keep going back and bugging him?
Raven wrote:
2. What happen to the guy in QLD claim that he can get a Vertical kit for $2,500Aus
i aint gone anywhere, i just kind of spent to much on christmas prezzies and alchol, and also i getting it done for just over 1500. and i am still 100% sure about getting them, just as always money held me back and also thinking of postponing until after stereo goes in, which costing me about the same. Tom
Tom, if you can't get it done for $1500 now, let me do it first so y'all can witness the conversion and see what it's like in operation. I'm happy to use my car as a donor car for the kit... ;)

the only thing i'm concerned about is whether the conversion is reversible, so that if it fails RTA or if the quality is not up to scratch, I can always revert back to factory setup (and consider it as bad investment). and since I'm from Victoria, will they have any installation manual available since it is logistically unviable to transport my car there for the job and back...??
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

How high are the doors when fully raised?
I wouldn't want them to hit the garage roof, or low-roofed car parks.
LED ALL the things.