Mechanic

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Chupa
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Mechanic

Post by Chupa »

hey guys, i haven't been here for a long time.. been pretty busy with my final year at uni.

do you guys know any good mechanics in Mlebourne that i could use to do a major service.... my car's hitting close to 90,000 so i thought i'd get the service done.
The usual timing belt, spark plauges etc...... not exactly sure what else.

Cheers..
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

depends on what side of town you're on...
if you're in the east you could go to Lee
(but be prepared for your car to be off the road for 3 - 4 weeks!!!)
or maybe try the fellas at Revzone in Nunawading

just be ready for a hefty bill either way... not a cheap process.

more info on major service here -
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... 51&start=0
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
know1here
Apprentice

Post by know1here »

With Lee taking longer and longer with FTO's, and also for those across town from him, are there any other suggestions on Mechanics with FTO experience - I know "Lee is the man", but there must be other good mechanics out there???

I previously went to APB Autotech in blackburn (old Genesis site) - they've now moved to Ringwood (getting a bit far for me). I know they can do 100,000km service and Timing belt changes without problems

Was gonna go to Revzone for next service - has anyone had any experience with them (good or bad?) - Euro, you've been there before right???
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

know1here wrote:With Lee taking longer and longer with FTO's, and also for those across town from him, are there any other suggestions on Mechanics with FTO experience - I know "Lee is the man", but there must be other good mechanics out there???

I previously went to APB Autotech in blackburn (old Genesis site) - they've now moved to Ringwood (getting a bit far for me). I know they can do 100,000km service and Timing belt changes without problems

Was gonna go to Revzone for next service - has anyone had any experience with them (good or bad?) - Euro, you've been there before right???
RevZone are my r33s tuning and performance workshop. I have only dyno'd my FTO there as I do most of the FTO stuff myself. My car is there now getting ready for Winton in 2 weeks.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

revzone have been good with my car,

craig the main mechanic appears really honest and has been good to deal with. My only issue with them is that you sometimes need to be very clear with what you want done etc, and at times I have turned up to pick my car and been told something needed to be fixed and rather then call me and tell me (so they could fix it then) ive had to re book the car in -

certainly serviced and repaired things well and i think pricing is fair, there isa lways at least one fto in there when i go
Chupa
Apprentice

Post by Chupa »

Cheers guys might try Revzone at Nunawading as thats the closest to me... i live in Heathmont.. can't offord to have my car off the road for 3 or 4 weeks.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Chupa wrote:Cheers guys might try Revzone at Nunawading as thats the closest to me... i live in Heathmont.. can't offord to have my car off the road for 3 or 4 weeks.
I never see your car in heathmont.

Also I just picked up my car from RevZone....2 FTOs there...so yeah they know FTOs.

New 1.5way diff...drifts much better now....
Chupa
Apprentice

Post by Chupa »

I probaly don't drive it much in heathmont.
Chupa
Apprentice

Post by Chupa »

where abouts is Revzone in Nunawading ?
anyone have their contact number.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Chupa wrote:where abouts is Revzone in Nunawading ?
anyone have their contact number.
www.revzone.com.au
Chupa
Apprentice

Post by Chupa »

thanks...
Got a quote of about $1,800 from Rev Zone.

I also went to Kamkazimotors in Nunawading they quoted me $1,300 but me thinks RevZone seem to bit more genuine than Kamkazi...... anyone got their car serviced at kamakazi motors ?
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Chupa wrote:thanks...

I also went to Kamkazimotors in Nunawading they quoted me $1,300 but me thinks RevZone seem to bit more genuine than Kamkazi...... anyone got their car serviced at kamakazi motors ?
can you say what items you were quoted?
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Chupa wrote:thanks...

dont go there...
Chupa
Apprentice

Post by Chupa »

yeah i had my reservations about kamakazi motors.... thanks i won't be going there.

Timing belt, Water pump, Spark pluges, camp seal, oil filters, air filter and oil changes. Coolant flush n full check up.
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

$1,800 - are they supplyin the parts? I know you're getting the pump off me.

Seems a bit dear to me.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

JOeJOe wrote:$1,800 - are they supplyin the parts? I know you're getting the pump off me.

Seems a bit dear to me.
you will get cheaper but I paid a lot more for mine off another mechanic for similar work. If your unsure get them to break down the quote for you e.g. hours in labour (which will be high), timing belt, seals etc etc. Which oil you choose to use etc etc.

at least with revzone you know service will be done well, unlike mine where I had to get the seals done again 18months later beacuse they were leaking again & the mechanic wouldnt do for free.
Chupa
Apprentice

Post by Chupa »

they'll supply all the other parts except for water pump i'll be providing it.thanks for all the help with that Joe. The guy at Revzone said they usually use genuine parts only.

Ah yeah the guy at Rev zone was saying that.. he had FTO come in their and he said he had the major service done and all but the timing belt was not a brand new one and all of things weren't even done when they had look at it.

The guy's like there's been like 8 fto come to them in past 2 weeks trying to do major service... he was like wahts up with that... told him you guys are being recommended all around at FTO club so everyone's coming down to you.