SEQ Biggest Cruise is on again- All for Charity - Sept 9th

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

boosteds15
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by boosteds15 »

Less than a week to go now! Media have been ringing me since friday, getting ready to do stories on this!

All set to go. Great work to all planning and meeting before hand, it means you will all cruise as a group on the convoy as well.

I really am tryin to persuade people NOT to meet at BP Yatala and Yatala Pies, as several groups have already tagged those places as meeting places, and already those car parks are quite small!
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

thats for sure!!

looking forward to this! looks like it will b a sunny day! not like last year lol wooo :)
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Folks I've sold my FTO but have a GTO now can I attach myself to your group if I can make it?
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

uh.. no.. what do u think we are the GTO australia club?
rofl... joke! Of course you can :D :D more the merrier!!!!!
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Dr_Jones wrote:Folks I've sold my FTO but have a GTO now can I attach myself to your group if I can make it?
You can come if I can pick your brains about some car audio stuff ;) lol
Would be awesome to have a GTO tag along with us :)
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

My brain is quite pickable. What do you need help with. I could get a big sticker that says FTO support vehicle hehe but then it would be me that broke down. I won't break up the line of FTO's though.
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

I might be cruising down with another car club from up here. SO I might see you all there.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Dr_Jones wrote:My brain is quite pickable. What do you need help with. I could get a big sticker that says FTO support vehicle hehe but then it would be me that broke down. I won't break up the line of FTO's though.
Hehe, don't talk about people breaking down it'll jinx us & you know who they're gonna blame ;) :P *knocks on wood*

Been reading up on the car audio stuff & think I have a pretty good idea, about what I'm after ... I'm still undecided on front speakers ...

Most people I've talked to have advised not to skimp on the front speakers, & while I agree with them on that, I'm not sure that I'm going to notice much difference between the top of the range $800-$1200 speakers & some mid range $300-600

I haven't been entirely 100% impressed by any of the top of the range speakers I've heard so far anyway (Alpine, Focal, Pioneer) but its going to be different anyways depending on how they're installed ... going to have a listen to some low, mid & top of the range JL's this week to try them out though, will see how it goes..

will have to have a chat with you about it all at the cruise..

How do you like yout GTO compared to the FTO?
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Getting off topic now, I have a set of focals that I think sound great....key word is I. It's all up to what you like but can be different when you get em in your car. I found the FTO very hollow sounding but the GTO is certainly more solid and the speakers sound better with same setup.

GTO is certainly different still adjusting to driving such a different car but it's lots of fun.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

did you sound deaden your FTO?
boosteds15

Post by boosteds15 »

Rain Rain go away!

The forecast is good for the weekend with the sporadic showers expected to be gone by Saturday! Great news for any who are cleaning cars/bikes and trucks for Sunday! (I know i breathed a sigh of relief!)

Only a few days now, not much more I can say on the event, it's going to be huge with something for everyone. Thankyou again to all who are getting more and more involved, and to all who have rung me to commit their clubs and organisations to the day I will do my best to say gday to you all on the day, but forgive me if I miss you!

Seeya on Sunday all!
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

a map for everyone.. im hoping this is the right place haha

FIXED
Last edited by MissxFTO on Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Maps from Whereis don't tend to work ... You'll prob need to screenshot it then upload to an image host first ...
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

Ok is everyone keen to meet @ mitre 10 @ 9:45 give us half n hour to get everyone together and ready to rumble :P
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

i will come along if my car is working :(
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

:( Kick the wheel it will work :(

woo excited 4 tomorrow!! :)
boosteds15

Post by boosteds15 »

One more sleep :)

Awesome weather for tomorrow it looks like, and from all the feedback, this looks to be twice if not three times the size as last years!

Can't wait!
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

:( i can't make it tomorrow because of work.

i'll just have to wait till next year i guess.

have a good one :wink:
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

Bamas
Apprentice

Post by Bamas »

I didn't walk around and take photos like other photographers did was busy just chatting around today and all. I did see a few FTO out there but only pull out my camera for two of them for quick snaps (lots of clouds for poo poo reflections =( these photos don't give the car their beauty but still throw them out for their owners) I hope I get to see them at the BAS.

syntax
Grease Monkey

Post by syntax »

:( not one of me or sammi