DIY Day again

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BorepYano
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

DIY Day again

Post by BorepYano »

As i was saying in another thread. and many agree, we NEED a DIY day!
since we have been to lazy to organise it... and i cant find the other thread... so here's another attempt at it!

taking suggetions on where to have it:
mr-charisma's place? lol
either way, we need somewhere sort of centrolised (hopefully)... but if u can accomidate a few extra cars at your place (and have room to work on them), put your hand up :)

and, take a pick out of these time, what I did on the dinner meet thread seems to be working so... put your name under the date that u can make it:

saturday 04/08/07:
1. Yang

sunday 05/08/07:
1. Yang (maybe)

which ever day the Ekka holiday is:
1. Yang

we can add/change dates on this list if u guys would like, this is just a rough draft :)
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

i've been hanging out for a DIY day for ages but but i've asked for so many weekends off work lately that i don't know if they'd be willing to give me another one so soon. :?

but i'll see if i can make it whichever day its on :D
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

saturday 04/08/07:
1. Yang
2. Michael

sunday 05/08/07:
1. Yang (maybe)
2. MIchael

which ever day the Ekka holiday is:
1. Yang
2. Michael

Sounds like the Ekka holiday would be a good time to do it... but I should be able to rock up any time...

Also, maybe post in this thread what things you want to get done on the DIY day and I will try to let you know what parts you need, if I don't know what they are, someone else will I'm sure.. You can find most parts off the shelf at Autobarn/Repco/Bursons such as filters/fluids etc, they usually have the catalog books there that you can look up the required parts in.
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

i just searched on the net and the ekka holiday is Wednesday 15th August (for Brisbane City)

is that the day u meant or do u mean that weekend some time. (18th, 19th)
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

oh... just remembered that the Ekka holiday is different for Brisbane & Gold Coast ... depends who we get interest from, if we only get Brisbanites interested in the DIY thing then we can have it on the Ekka Public Holiday... otherwise we might need to organise it for a weekend...
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

i'd be interested and a wednesday is heaps easier for me to get off work then a weekend so i would be in for that day. :D :D

i dont think that the GC has an ekka holiday btw but not sure 100%

mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

not sure about Gold Coast... maybe they get a holiday for Gold Coast show instead .... but
Beenleigh is part of Gold Coast shire & we've always had Ekka Holiday on a different day than Brisbane... I think they do it that way to stagger the crowds at the Ekka over a few different days...
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

so what kind of DIY day will it be? lol (mods?)
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

eThix wrote:so what kind of DIY day will it be? lol (mods?)
well i have this funny feeling that michael will be running around servicing everyone's cars (oil change and what not), and i'm going to be running around baking headlights, and i think sam would be the guy we'll be nagging about little mods (i.e. pod filters and other little nik naks).
so in short, maintaince and small mods.

and when i posted originally i just meant the ekka holiday, as in the day the holiday is on, not the weekend, but as i said at the start, we can add/remove dates fromthe list depending on everyone, it's just what i knocked up when i was sober, and now that i'm drunk.... muwhahahahhahah! :twisted:

speaking of that, we cant have it at mine, cos i'll end up drunk again if we do, besides there isnt enough room. I did speak to chelly and she's going to suss it out if we can have it at hers, but please put your hands up if u can host this as well. :)

hm... speaking of being drunk... we shoudl all go out driunking one night... with out the cars obviouslt lol
kiz wrote:
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

BorepYano wrote:hm... speaking of being drunk... we shoudl all go out driunking one night... with out the cars obviouslt lol

Wait till ben comes up for autosalon...

You can represent QLD yang...

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

FtoSam wrote:
BorepYano wrote:hm... speaking of being drunk... we shoudl all go out driunking one night... with out the cars obviouslt lol

Wait till ben comes up for autosalon...

You can represent QLD yang...
crap :?
kiz wrote:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Ok, I will try to get into Autobarn & get a listing of part numbers / prices & make a list for people to say what parts the want & I will see if they will give trade prices for multiple purchases...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

hey yang... is the baking headlights thing to melt the glue so that the headlight cover comes off & so you can paint the insides? Call me a knob, but I want to paint the insides of the headlights chrome... and get some polished aluminium rings to put in there for decoration :P
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

silver would be the best u could do..

Chrome = light everywhere = cops ass f**king you...

mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

you serious? but so many new cars have chrome headlights these days... hell, i'm sure cop cars do as well.. will have to look into it...
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

true.... have a look into it... but i presume they're set up so as not to reflect any light

mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

i'd imagine it might be a bit crazy with HID's ... can always give it a go & if it is too crazy, can repaint them.... it might be a cheap way to get a little extra brightness.. lol
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

i wanted to paint mine chrome as well :P so Michael you can show me what it looks like on yours lol :P
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

hehe, always the guinea pig :P
When I do it, please let me know if you think it looks crap
:wink:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

FtoSam wrote:true.... have a look into it... but i presume they're set up so as not to reflect any light
ping pong, u win a price ;)
...u win sex from a pretty girl
*disclaimer: can not garentee pretty girl isnt a sheep dressed in a skirt
how do you like them apples sam :twisted: lol

lol, anyways,... yeah if u look at the other cars with chrome headlights, the chrome is actually on the behind/away from where the light source is. so the light is blocked from hitting the chrome bits so it doesnt reflect.
just like altezza tail lights, where the actually lights are inclosed in rings to stop it from hitting the chrome bits. :)
kiz wrote: