DIY Day again

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mr-charisma »

mmm... well i'm putting the metal rings in there anyways... totally forgot to look at some headlights today to see how they've done them.... anyways.... back on topic...
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

lol i didnt even realise u were off topic

yeah anyways back on topic...

where can we host this? anyone willing to put their hands up?
if no one can give me a definate yes on the place, i'm going to ask a mate to use his place (it's in the middle of butt fcuk no where on the southside), and i'm going to offer him some money for it which means we'll all have to chip in for it (not that good of a friend, and his dad knows a few things abotu cars lol)... i'm hoping i dont have to do this, cos 1: i dont know if he'll say yes, and 2: i dont want to full stop lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

hopefully we'll be able to use my place.. still not sure if its ok....
but i can squeeze in 6 cars in my front yard, but theres only room enough for about 4 to be parked comfortably on the driveway... should be fine unless we get more than 4 people wanting to change their oil at the same time...

I won't be going around changing everyone's oil & flushing coolants & whatnot for them, but I'll show everyone how to do it & help out when necessary, 'tis more of a learning experience, more for those who are willing to get their hands dirty, but anyone can come obviously..

If someone else has more room at their
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

i live next to a side street with no houses in it so if it's ok with my parents and if i can get it off work than we can have it at mine.

can fit loads of cars in the side street.

it's on the gold coast if thats ok with everyone else. if you can get to Joe and Ricks then you can get to mine.(4 minutes down the road)

thought i'd show a pic coz it's easier to explain, (excuse the ms paint)

"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

i might try and get a pod filter to install, and i'll have some strut braces that i'll install if i haven't already done it by then.

and i need to sand back my headlights. :D
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

ooh, that would be pretty good, i'm fine for heading down the coast for this... would work out better anyways, cause if we needed to buy some parts at the last minute, gold coast auto shops would be open, whereas they would be closed for the pub. hol. in brisbane

Whats your oven like Maggsy? lol
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

hmm, my oven is good. :D

but i have to find out if i can have it at my place first. should be ok though.

maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

No luck :cry:

I asked my parents and their being really difficult. Mum doesn't want me to put headlights in her oven and dad said he doesn't want the front of our house to look like a carpark.

I tried, but we'll have to think of another location i guess. :?

any more suggestions?

mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

haha, typical response.... i expect the same from my parents, but I'll work on them ... they'll come around ( just won't tell them about baking headlights straight up :P )

theres a new estate being built just around the corner from my place, not sure if they have the roads finished, or if its fenced off, will check though... that might be an option for a weekend, hopefully we won't get done for trespassing :P lol
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

ok, so the estate down the road is a no go ... fenced off & roads aren't even done... so thats out...
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

ok just sent a long as txt to simon (the guy with the green FTO)
seeing if he wants to come to the DIY day and also if he can suggest/supply a place for it as well lol

and i still havent spoken to chelly since when i asked if we could use her place, so probabaly check up on that tonogiht as well....

but in the mean time... it looks like we r going to michael's place lol :?
kiz wrote:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah man im there just let me know time and place. u could do it at mine but theres only so many fto's u can fit into a single car garage lol.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

I8AFRE wrote:yeah man im there just let me know time and place. u could do it at mine but theres only so many fto's u can fit into a single car garage lol.
hah! u r back using the forum now :P
and good luck catching up on the post counts now muqhqhhshahahaha

anyways... michael's seems to be the only possibility atm :(
i guess i can nag chelsea a bit more and see what happens lol
kiz wrote:
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Mmm... well thats another thing we can yap about at dinner on sunday..

Yeh... simon has a bit to catch up to u yang... but considering he hasnt been on in like 6 months, yet he still has an avg 1.9 or something posts per day... lol

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

Sooooo........?

any advancements on the DIY day? :wink:

BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

well... if we can decide on a date, we can do it at chelsea's... provided that they r not on holidays then (she said it was all good to do it at hers, but her and her folks are going on holidays sometime around aug or sep, so as long as it doesnt overlap with their holiday we can do it there if it's going to be too much trouble for michael).
kiz wrote:
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

Ok we can do it at my house. That way we are garenteed. I have a double car garage. Side access that fits two cars most likely 3 if we squeeze some up the back and actually 4 if we put one around near the patio :P you can put at lease 5 cars in the driveway and 2 on the front lawn.. :D and one in the garage coz one side has gym equipment haha sound good? lol give me a date and ill clean up my garage :P

oven is A OK to use! :D
I have a hydraulic jack, 1 only so make sure you bring some along.. or it will take ages! aha

Oh i also live in alexandra hills near capalaba..
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Fark yeh!! Go sammi!!!

Sounds good!... Yang, Michael... get organising...

(hopes its when the fto is back.... if not i'll bring the scoots.)

BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

MissxFTO wrote:Ok we can do it at my house. That way we are garenteed. I have a double car garage. Side access that fits two cars most likely 3 if we squeeze some up the back and actually 4 if we put one around near the patio :P you can put at lease 5 cars in the driveway and 2 on the front lawn.. :D and one in the garage coz one side has gym equipment haha sound good? lol give me a date and ill clean up my garage :P

oven is A OK to use! :D
I have a hydraulic jack, 1 only so make sure you bring some along.. or it will take ages! aha

Oh i also live in alexandra hills near capalaba..
I LOVE YOU!!

when do u get your car back sam?

and i'm assuming that we r not going to do it this weekend, so the list is kinda useless now.
guess we might do it the weekend before auto salon (even if we make it a 2 day thing, so we have enough time to do everything, i.e. saturday we do mods etc... then later part of sunday we do the cleaning)
any objections?
kiz wrote:
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

I would think weekend before AS is a bit too close... Maybe 2 weekends before... just to be safe..

And i get mine back as soon as the end of this month... so anytime in sept is good.