Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sxcfto
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

When's our next cruise ?

Post by sxcfto »

Hey Guys,
I know everyone is still probably in holiday mode even though some of us are already back at work (me included) but when are we cruising again, it is a shame to let all this good wheather go to waste, how about it anyone up for another cruise ..... Mikey ?
:wink:
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Great idea Toni

Now this could just be me being back in work mode :twisted: and planning out my meetings and events for the new year, but what about the idea of having regular dates for cruises, so everyone knows well in advance when they are going to be.

For example, what if we said there would be a cruise on the 2nd Sunday of every 2nd month? People could then put those dates aside, and if for some reason you can't make one, you'd know when the next one was.

It doesn't have to be that specific or that regular, it could be the 2nd weekend of every 3rd month, and then as we get closer to the event we work out whether it is a Saturday or Sunday. And depending upon how many people come, we could make them every 2 or 3 months.

Either way, what I'm raising here is the idea of making the events regular and predictable, so people can plan for them and know when they are.

hmmm... as I read back over this message, me thinks that I might have to pry myself away from my calendar, stop planning things soooo much and get a life! ....maybe I'll go for a drive :P Anyone want to come?
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Great idea ruchi! maybe if we plan a long way ahead more people would turn up :wink: need to cruise need to cruise need to cruise my cars getting lonely.
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Also, what about linking some of the cruises to events that occur in Melbourne, for example:

Jan - Chinese New Year or Australia Day
Mar - F1 Grand Prix (not the actual Grand Prix, but maybe do an Albert Park event around the time of the Grand Prix, maybe outside the pits again)
Oct - Philip Island Motor Cycle Grand Prix
Nov - Melb Cup / Horse races
Dec - Christmas - BBQ & Kris Kringle
??? - others? Your suggestions?

Another suggestion... come up with a list of places to visit / things to do and plan them out over the year, for example:

Albert Park - the last meet was fantastic!
Queenscliff Ferrie - this was great!
Philip Island
Black Spur
Great Ocean Road
The Dandenongs
Yarra Valley
Heathcote Drags (drag FTOs against each other)
Calder - race day (if we become car club and get CAMS licenses)
...any other great drives that can be done in a day

If the cruise event is special and fun, and if people have advanced warning (i.e. planned out over the year) then it should attract more people to the events.

...your thoughts?
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

I think Mikey, is planning to have a cruise to the Great Ocean Road in early February.

Having regular cruises is a great idea, and having them planned for set times of the year would be good, so more people can plan ahead, which will mean, more people showing up to cruises, and meeting new FTO owners.

Cant wait till the next cruise!! I missed out on the last one, coz my Air Con decided to sh*t itself!!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

DZYRME wrote:I think Mikey, is planning to have a cruise to the Great Ocean Road in early February.
Hmmmm I though Mikey got another plan, which involve POLES & CHICKS!!! ahahahahaa 8O
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

FTO338 wrote:
DZYRME wrote:I think Mikey, is planning to have a cruise to the Great Ocean Road in early February.
Hmmmm I though Mikey got another plan, which involve POLES & CHICKS!!! ahahahahaa 8O
Why wasnt I informed about this???
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

FTO338 wrote:
dude, that was my mate's buck's night just before xmas last year and you missed out so tough! :P:P

...and no, other than that I don't know what else you're talking about, man.. :P :roll:

*sigh* ...'kids' these days, pfffft..!! :P :twisted:
Last edited by GPXXX on Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

heya fellas, i'm baaaaaaack!

sorry i been away on my rostered week off, hence i didn't get much chance to catch up on the forums... did y'all miss me?? hehe... :P

anyways, great ideas ppl - keep 'em coming. You are part of this club so please have your say... Your feedback so far has been great and certainly much appreciated.

Steve had a Bega cruise planned for Feb-Mar (in conjuctionwith ACT and NSW members together) so I wanna see what the decision is before I make any firm plans. I'd like to kick off the year with a major cruise/event, that way it'll attract future members on what sort of activities we get up to... Hopefully we have some extensive video footages to show off as a promotional tool during Auto Salon or Auto Expo this year... ;)

but yes, of all the cruise destination aforementioned by Andrew I have considered them all but I don't want to 'over-commit' at this stage because there are 'uncertainties' at work which could hinder our planned events (not to mention unforeseen circumstances) but let's put it this way - I hope to be able to plan a major event every qtr (3mths) with 'mini-meets' at the end of each month just for a catch-up with the regulars or meet new members...

I'm already working on a cruise calendar for 2004 so stay tuned! :D
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

GPXXX wrote:heya fellas, i'm baaaaaaack!
well dont take too long, the years almost over :P
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

TimmyD wrote:
GPXXX wrote:heya fellas, i'm baaaaaaack!
well dont take too long, the years almost over :P
yeah well you better get your drivers licence first before the year's over... LOL :P

JK, good luck with your driving test.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

GPXXX wrote: dude, that was my mate's buck's night just before xmas last year and you missed out so tough! :P:P

...and no, other than that I don't know what else you're talking about, man.. :P :roll:

*sigh* ...'kids' these days, pfffft..!! :P :twisted:
Well what i'm going to do with those 20 passes then???

AND YES, thax to the Australia Tax System (entertainment expense) i'm a corporate member, & thats how i get those free passes, & yeah i also got those dinner vouches 2!!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

now we know where to find kev during his lunch break, bahahaha....!! :D

back to topic - please refer to the Official Calendar thread. :)