please spot my old car...

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

robsta
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

please spot my old car...

Post by robsta »

Can everyone please keep an eye out for my old FTO, rego is 903 EGW. It is silver with 17" chrome rims has a white Dodgy Bros Inc. sticker on the rear windscreen. Rear windscreen *might* be smashed.
If anyone sees it can they please let me know where they saw it...
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

havent seen it since u sold it mate...

U know where the person lives u sold it to?

and why u trying to track it down?

Not happy with your new one.. lol

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

I sold it to a dealer, who didn't do anything with the rego. I've had the police chasing me two times and have just recieved two fines in the mail. I've contacted the dealer and we are both trying to work this out. However I want to try and figure out where the new 'owner' lives so I can try assist the police in tracking them down.
I have since cancelled the rego, however since I am the last registered owner, I'm going to recieve the fines still...
I'm getting all the dealers paperwork and going to the police when I get a chance to sort this out.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

Holy crap feel sorry for you mate ... keep us inform :?
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

whoa man... thats *~dreamy~* as!

Surely they wont make you pay the fine.. if anything the dealer should because he didnt do the paperwork properly..

They usually photocopy a licence or something when u buy a car.. Surely the dealer has some info.

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Hey Rob,

Don't worry about the fines, you don't have to pay them if you weren't driving the car, and the fact that you had sold it is proof of that... surely they've given you some kind of paperwork to prove it? Just fill out the back of the speed camera fine that says you weren't driving, then go into a shopping centre & get a JP (Justice of the peace) to co-sign it & you're set, might even be able to put the dealership down as the current owner & then let them pass the fine onto the new owner ;)

Not 100% on this, but if you've sold the car, its not up to you to track down the new owner, just give the cops the details of the dealership & they'll be able to get the info easier than you could. besides, i don't think they're legally allowed to give you that info for confidentiality reasons... and because if someone had a key cut, they could just go round to the new owners place & steal the car back ...

It could even still be registered by the car yard & they're people taking it for test drives that are gettign the fines...
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

Yeh I'm getting out of these fines, but that wont stop future fines still being forwared to me becuase it was still in my name, and now that I have cancelled it I'm still on record as the last owner.
Its just a lot of hassel to clear myself everytime something comes through. The car yard is dodgy for not taking it out of my name straight away...I'm not going to mention any names though.
I'll try get this sorted with the department of transport and the police to take the car of my record or something along those lines
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

why dont you report his dealership #?? thats what i would be doing. How can the cops not find the guy from that? Every dealership has a stamp and a government #!

id be going through your paper work with a fine tooth comb! no way would i let some assh*le scr#w me around like that!

Sammi
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I hate to say it, but the best way to get the cops off your back is to pay the fines.

Then go after the dealer with your solicitor. I assume you still have the little bit of rego slip he signed & dated when you sold the car? Then there should be no issue in reclaiming your outlay on the fines. Its law that the dealer must do all rego transactions on any car they buy & sell - even if that transaction happens quickly. Its quite obvious that the dealer was trying to avoid paying the 4% rego transfer fee - and you can have his ass hauled over coals for that.

Taking on the coppers to get out of the fines will cost you more money & time than you would want to spend... trust me, I've been there.

I had an incident where an old car of mine sat on the street for so long, the number plates were taken off it & a council sticker of tow away notice was wacked on it. I then had the car sent down to the wreckers on a tip truck to get rid of it myself.

6 months later I got about $3000 worth of fines in the mail on the rego number of the car that was destroyed some 6 months earlier. Turns out the council or coppers didnt take the plates, some other asshole did.... and he wacked them on his commodore. He then proceeded to rack up some hefty speeding, parking & toll fines.

The paperwork battle went on for so long my licence was cancelled because of non payment, so I worked out a deal with the coppers. I pay the fines up front with no points losses and the fine slate was wiped clean - the coppers would then inturn track down the car & book the prick in it.... which they did 2 days later. A week later I got a cheque in the mail :)