Night Cruise - Saturday 11th August (courtesy of VSS)

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Night Cruise - Saturday 11th August (courtesy of VSS)

Post by SILVERFISH »

VICSTREETSCENE - VICTORIA'S LARGEST OPEN CRUISE CLUB!

presents....

Cruise #21
SATURDAY AUGUST 11
Meet 7:30pm for a 9:30pm Cruise
HOMEHQ - MITCHAM
Maroondah Highway between Mitcham & Springvale Roads

(note - i'm pretty sure this location is the former Bunnings site...
if you're heading towards the city it's on the left hand side...
shouldn't be too hard to find... look for all the cars!!!!)

With our 20th official cruise done and dusted, VicStreetScene would like to extend this invite to you, your ride and your mates to come down and cruise with us for the 21st cruise yet... and what a cruise it will be!

Appearing again will be our roped off section and the club is taking expressions of interest for people to participate so if you have or know someone with a hot ride, be sure to send myself or another VicStreetScene staff member a message letting us know of the interest with a bit of a run down on the car, a picture, and a brief message as to why you think it should be on display!

Cruise #20 was yet another record for VicStreetScene with over 500 cars in attendance at the first meet point @ Mitcham on what was a relatively cold and wet night! Crazy hey? Let's do it again!

This time round, we'll make sure that the locations are set out to accomodate everyone, and make sure that it is an enjoyable trouble free night (to the best of our ability that is!). The police are on side and you will have to remember that there will be unmarked cars around the place, so this means there will be zero tolerance for bad behaviour! At Cruise #20, the Police were amazingly understanding and helpful with the weather and security and certain meet points, helping us out of locations and giving us much advice so we can grow stronger to help cruising stay stress free!

So, why not come out and check out the biggest cruise club in Victoria for their 21st OFFICIAL CRUISE?!?

And now for the serious parts:

VicStreetScene has cruise guidelines! I'm sure that most of you know them by now (can be found at here), but in general let me some it up: Unlawful behaviour will come at the obvious consequence. Any person caught driving in an unlawful manner will have their plates handed over to the authorities and it will be up to them to deal with you..

We are a cruise club. Not a hoon club, not a drag club, not a burnout club. We're out to have a good night of cruising and checking out cars. What we are NOT about is attracting attention of the unwanted kind, or putting our club in the spotlight thanks to the people who think they have something to prove to the other cruisers.

Please also take care of your own rubbish. It doesn't look good when a club with 500 cars (with up to 1000 people in attendance) is not making use of rubbish bins. It is not a good look!

There will also be a couple of things to check out at the cruise!

* Displays from a few car audio scenes
* Red Bull again with their awesome freebies!
* PoleXpress coffee van
* Sausage sizzle

And much much more! So make sure you come down and check it out!

For those who are concerned about police presence, behaviour and so forth, why not come down and check out our meet point at HomeHQ? Make up your own mind - if it's not for you then that's that but if it is! Stick around for a great night of cruising!

For Cruisers:

Make sure you bring a gold coin donation for a map (Goes to help running our website!) and funds to get your self a VicStreetScene sticker and other merchandise that will be on sale on the night!

Thanks, and we hope to see you Sat August 11 at Cruise 21!

VicStreetScene
http://www.vicstreetscene.com/
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Just out of curious Gav, what sort of ride are in that club? I had quick look and i see a lot of commodore.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

FTO338 wrote:Just out of curious Gav, what sort of ride are in that club? I had quick look and i see a lot of commodore.
no idea buddy, just posted it coz there wasn't much going on
in the way of cruises in vic lately...
...but yeah, i looked at their site and saw mostly commodores too,
i'm guessing there'll be a few imports and ricers too.
there's a few members from Mitsubishi Club Australia going.

dunno, figured i'd turn up and check out the crowd at the meet,
if it's 99% p-plater commodores i'll skip the cruise side of it.
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
WildRide
Grease Monkey

Post by WildRide »

Hay all

Well my old man needs some cheering up and I'm pretty sure he's never seen a big cruise before so your's truly is going rock up for at least the meet and the first leg.

Be cool if some other FTO's were there, otherwise I'll have to hang out with the rest of the imports :roll: :lol:

WR
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

hmm ill see if im up to it try and get someone to work for me this saturday if i can ill coem down and introduce my self first cruise represent fto australia lol.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

WildRide wrote:Hay all

Well my old man needs some cheering up and I'm pretty sure he's never seen a big cruise before so your's truly is going rock up for at least the meet and the first leg.

Be cool if some other FTO's were there, otherwise I'll have to hang out with the rest of the imports :roll: :lol:

WR
Hey Aaron...see what we can sort out!!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I might come down with my 4wheeler. Most likely the only 4Wheeler there :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

just a quick update for anyone interested...
Mitsubishi Club Australia are meeting up in Ferntree Gully
before cruising in together to the first main meet point...

http://www.mitsubishiclubaustralia.com/ ... php?t=2761

they're a friendly crew, so if anyone is looking for a group to hang out with,
give these guys a shot.
cheers

p.s. i'm not gonna be at this cruise... will be interstate
Last edited by SILVERFISH on Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

do we wanna go down? wouldnt mind going for a ride in kevs 4 wheeler!!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I'm going to do some stuff for my new house during the moring and afternoon, so if i finish everything on time, then i should able to make it.

Chris i buzz u on the Sat arvo and let you know, i pick u up if i can make it.
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

Hi all i have been thinking about coming along but just a quick question..
Are the police going to be checking cars before teh actual cruise. due to me being a p-plater vicroads has my gpx at 136kw at the flywheel per tonne due ot there ridiculous abilities at weighing cars.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

LOL i wouldn't worry about it.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

AMACHA wrote:Hi all i have been thinking about coming along but just a quick question..
Are the police going to be checking cars before teh actual cruise. due to me being a p-plater vicroads has my gpx at 136kw at the flywheel per tonne due ot there ridiculous abilities at weighing cars.
lol the FTO is not on their radar!
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

So who's oging and do i justl ook out for the othre guys in fto's?
WildRide
Grease Monkey

Post by WildRide »

AMACHA wrote:So who's oging and do i justl ook out for the othre guys in fto's?
I'll be there.
Going to the MCA pre-meet and then on.

WR
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

how was it guys i couldnt make it due to work? How as it not many jap cars nd to many commodores?
WildRide
Grease Monkey

Post by WildRide »

Well that was a wet cold and very enjoyable night :D

The crowd was mostly fords and you know what :roll:
Quite a few skylines. a couple of sorars and 200SX's, one supra and one fto.
Biggest laugh of the evening went to the guy with a turbo'ed delivery van 8O

Went to the pre-meet with MCA.
Think I freaked them out a bit 'cause I'd brought my old man along.
The whole night kind of blew his head, which is what I was hopeing for.

The first meet at HomeHQ was kind of massive. 500+ cars.
The Vic Street Scene mob are very well organized.

The run out to the second meet point was an awesome convoy.
There were people coming the other direction that were trying to turn right across the traffic. They were going to be waiting for quite a while
:lol:

Such a shame it was so wet because the road itself was FTO country.

If anyone here has seen Tokyo Drift ( :wink: ) the second meet point was a lot like the opening. Undercover carpark, thumping sound systems, people milling around checking out each others rides....was way cool.

Then the burn outs started down one of the isles. :cry:
Most of the MCA crew and I left not long after that. We must have gotten out just in time because apparently the cops rocked up and shut it all down.

Fair enough too.

Well the flame fest is well and truly underway over on VSS, so I won't buy into that. Sounds like things got worse not better. Apparently some guy in a white lancer was drifting and nearly hit people at the last point. Happy to say he wasn't part of the MCA group.

I think the organisers did everything right.
Tools will be tools....

WR
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

thanks Aaron...heard it was a good night. Few of my skyline mates went down and gave us the low down...

I was at my mates hours sipping beers and eating some wagu steak...hmmm yum.
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

sounds like a great night!! Next one ill quit work for and make sure ill come regarless hahah i cant wait to meet some of the other emembers on these formums in person...
drewby
Apprentice

Post by drewby »

yeh i was there at the first meetin point.. shame to say it was in a 1970 sumthing HJ holden (gf bros car) didnt wanna come in mine since it was dirty.. even though when i got there half the cars were ford or holdens and half of them had nothin done to them at all.. otherwise it wasnt to bad except the rain