noises from sub

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

harry90
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

noises from sub

Post by harry90 »

since i have had my sub put in... from inside the car there is sounds like the windows making noise or something... sounds like crackling type thing when sub is on !!! any suggestions ?
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

ehehe, i almost laughed out loud when i read the title :P

sounds like your window guides

If you got to www.archive.org
and then copy & paste this url into the "wayback machine" it should be what you need to fix it ...
http://www.funky-fto.co.uk/rattle1.html
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

thanks for the reply ... but i cant seem to get into that site... i paste the link into wayback machine... then it says conneection failure .... and if i just paste the link straight in to the browser it doesnt go to the direct link... any help ? could u possible go "print screen" on your keyboard and paste the page in here ? or send as email ? thanks for help
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I think that they have removed their site from archive.org, Funky-FTO used to be a good source of DIY guides for the FTO, but now they've started charging to be able to view them, it is basically the window guides for the FTO which are rattling (I think) Will try & find the part number for you when I get home... From what I remember its a pretty easy fix, have to take the interior of the doors off and replace the worn parts will see what i can do to get the guides ;)
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

ok thanks a lot... try find a guide for me so i can listen to my music without rattling fom windows... thanks a lot
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

u reckon if i took the car to strathfield or somewhere of that nature they would be able to fix this window thing ?
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Hmm ... I would go to somewhere better the Strathfield Car Radio's ...
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

any suggestions ? like panel beater ? what kind of place ?
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Umm ... Precision out at Liverpool ...

Doran Pro Audio

Precision out at Blakehurst/Alawah

Cronulla Car Sound

They can use dynamat or something like that to go over the door frames and stuff to stop the rattle... Or you could get the stuff off ebay yourself and have a crack at it ...
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

add to rock_it's list.

FHRX @ Caringbah..

they did work for my car, and they are good.. :P
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

would u say its an easy job ? (considering all my mods have been done professionally... i dunno how to do much).... and what is dynamat ? and what do i do with it ?
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

considering all my mods have been done professionally... i dunno how to do much
where did u get them done...did u have sound deadening done?? thought all professionals would recommend to have car sound deadened before installing sub... :P
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

not as in proffessionally in that manner... as in i didnt do it and took to a retailer (eg. JB hi fi) and paid them to do it... since i know nothing bout cars other than speaking about it lol.... but yea... not professionally as in like that... i would if i had money !!!
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

man...i think jb & strathfield are the same sh*t... when i first bought my car, i went to strathfield and got a head unit, front and rear speakers replaced. Recently i decided to upgrade my front speakers and went to FHRX. Marty (the manager there, also a reviewer in the "incar entertainment" magazine) told me the wires behind the head unit were in a mess, and that installation of the head unit in jap cars needs no mounting bracket (the strathfield guy forced the brackets in)....etc.

strathfield install

FHRX Install

the guys in strathfield also never asked me about if i want sound deadening..

since then i have decided i will never go back to jb or strathfield...

in summary, i personally think its worth while spending a little more to get the job done properly.

otherwise, there is a diy guide on sound deadening, u could try buying yourself some dynamat from ebay or other car audio shop and diy . (i was going to diy the sound deadening myself, but since i was getting speakers and amp in, decided to just throw my car to Marty and let him do it - me lazy).

anyway, just my opinion, and hope this helps. :P
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

helps a lot... and btw i never said i like jb or strathfield... jus was convenient and i didnt knot bout these other places !!! so this guy that u talkin bout ... where is the shop and how much would he charge for getting all these rattling from windows and stuff fixed ?
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

harry90 wrote:so this guy that u talkin bout ... where is the shop and how much would he charge for getting all these rattling from windows and stuff fixed ?
http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/t ... boutus.asp

give em a call... they should be able to give you a ball park figure :wink:
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

thanks a lot... will see what i can do... but that is a fair far drive for me !!! ... but then again... who wouldnt drive that much for their FTO !!!
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

give em a call... they should be able to give you a ball park figure Wink
yeah, give them a call.

i am not sure whether it will be the same...but as a guide on my invoice...
dynamat xtreme + dynaxorb + 2.5hrs labour for sound deadening my doors was roughly $350..

but its a guide only as price has gone up since 1/7..

cheers. :P