Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

2004 VICTORIAN EVENT CALENDAR!!

Post by GPXXX »

Below are planned events for 2004:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29th February: Leap-Year Charity Fundraiser Cruise + BBQ @ Philip Island

6th or 7th March: Fosters 2004 Australian F1 Grand Prix Mini Meet @ Albert Park, Melbourne / Dyno Day Shootout

3rd-4th April: 2004 Melbourne Auto Salon Exhibition

29th May: eXclusive / FTO Aust Dyno Day @ Pro-Tek, Preston

30th May: Club Mini Meet @ Genesis Racing, Blackburn

5th June: MULTISTATE CRUISE TO MALLACOOTA :D

26th-27th June: eXclusive / FTO Aust Test n' Tune Drag Meet @ Heathcote

17th July: Mt Dandenongs BBQ + Charity Fundraiser Cruise

22nd August: ** Club Mini Meet (location TBA) **

18-19th Sept: Club Exhibition @ 2004 Melbourne Auto Salon Semi Final (pending expressions of interest) - OR - 26th Sept: Black Spur BBQ + Charity Fundraiser Cruise

24th October: Calder Park Track Day (pending club / membership registration)

19th December: FTO Aust X-MAS BBQ Mega-Cruise @ Lorne / Anglesea (Details TBA)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried to plan the meets/cruises to coincide with major events (ie: F1 GP, Auto Salon, X-Mas etc) and weather conditions for safe driving (ie: Lorne/Anglessea/Black Spur during dry conditions). I hope there are enough breaks in between each events so you can spend it with your loved ones / friends / work... Some events may be cancelled due to a variety of unforeseen circumstances, but hopefully all goes ahead.

edit: hopefully we can squeeze in some dyno runs or go-kart events in one of the mini meets... ;)

Please share your thoughts.
Last edited by GPXXX on Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Well done Mikey, I like it.

Just one question, what's all the fundraising about? It's not the "save the Mikey foundation" is it?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yes, yes... of course! somebody's gotta pay for my admission fees to the Men's Gallery!! It's a stressful job being a spammer you know, bahahaha!! :twisted: JK...

seriously now, I just think that by donating to charitable organisations would be a good way to gain public support / good rapport and be recognised as a socially responsible club.

It's entirely voluntary, but if we all chip in just a little bit, i'm sure we could make some kid's life just that little bit better... ;)
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I'm all for it, as long as it's legit!

Between you and Kev and all those girls, perhaps you could put together a FTO "Pole Position" Calendar for 2005 :P
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

ruchi wrote:...Between you and Kev and all those girls, perhaps you could put together a FTO "Pole Position" Calendar for 2005 :P
dude, don't even go there... you know what Kevin is like with poles, LOL.. :P

on a serious note though', i wouldn't mind having a 2005 club calendar made up from pics taken from a number of events held in 2004... Just a thought, hehehe ;)
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

WOW thats awsome Mikey well done we all owe you for the time it must have taken to organize our events for the year, it sounds like the year is going to be a big one for the FTO club!! :wink:
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

29th of Feb is the time when the Melb Auto Show is on. Maybe it's worth going there as a group ?
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

A cruise to Phillip Island would be Awesome cause you attually can cruise, instead of just being stuck in traffic.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Just a reminder, in this Sunday's mini meet we will have the opportunity to discuss about our Philip Island cruise on the 29th (agendas include food/drinks/meeting time & place/selection for charity etc) so everybody is invited along for some good company! :D
NimZ
Apprentice

Post by NimZ »

Should we be having more cruises or meets or something. Seems to be a bit of a dry patch between cruises, especially if we're trying to raise money for charity. Any thoughts??

go-karts sound good to me.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

i was thinking a day of DIY jobs at someones house / shop...
Like ICE / in dash Lights / dials etc.. possibly performance mods if we can get a hoist or summin and have a charge of say 10 / 15$$.

And about parts get someone to organise lights / dials / etc.. but everyone has to pay for there own parts.

For example:
everyone who puts there name down for lights and dials has to pay someone who will organise them together and then everyone can do it themselves.
Such as, me n mikey want dash lights. we'll give money to just say ruchi and he'll get the lights from jaycar and on the day we can install em.

BTW it doesnt have ta happen that way twas just an example.

Just my 5cents.
Timmy

Disclaimer: All names mentioned are purely fictional and any similarty to said persons name or alias is purely co-incidental. :P
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

From May onwards we will start to have more regular meetings... The last cruise we had was the Philip Island BBQ just over 2 weeks ago, and due to the F1 GP (amongst other commitments) the March event could not be scheduled.. However I have a Go-Kart . Mini Meet day in mind for April, perhaps after the Auto Salon (an excuse for some to release some testosterone after seeing all the modified cars at the show LoL...;0:P)

Just a heads up, there will be an Import Showoff @ Flemington on the 15-16th May... more info here ---> www.showoff.com.au

Anybody interested?
NimZ
Apprentice

Post by NimZ »

Maybe you could speak to other state moderators about them also raising money at cruises for charity and then at the end of the year we can donate the money on behalf of the whole FTO club instead of just Victoria. Just a thought.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

The schedule has been updated. Please review the changes as necessary...

Bear in mind that there may be more changes planned for the next few months depending on various circumstances but as always I will keep you all notified as much as possible with upcoming events... :D
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

I reckon, as a change, one of meets in summer should be a night cruise down to the bayside area. We can either chill out at a cafe or just some parking area next to the beach.
With fine weather like that along side the beach with FTOs at night, what else would u want! :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

FTOluv wrote:I reckon, as a change, one of meets in summer should be a night cruise down to the bayside area. We can either chill out at a cafe or just some parking area next to the beach.
With fine weather like that along side the beach with FTOs at night, what else would u want! :D
My garage doesn't fit that many cars though!!! :twisted:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Is the Mini Meet on the 22nd of August still happening??
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Yes, details to be announced shortly.

Stay tuned.
saint

Post by saint »

elo fellow FTOsss..
this is awesome.. count me in guys for future events..
if u happen to see me with a red FTO with momo wheels please feel free to say hi.. looking forward to meeting u guys.. keep up the gud work!!
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

mikey our mini club meet has just passed...... we need another one!!! look at the weather these pass few days, i think we should get together and have a barby!!!!! yum....
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red