Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nicholas
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

First service

Post by nicholas »

Hey guys,

The time has come to get my car serviced for the (my) first time, at 140k km.

Previously the car has been serviced at ProStreet Automotive in Castle Hill.

I've had a search of the forums and found that a lot of people from N/W Sydney recommend UAS, now in Seven Hills. I've checked out their website and would probably go with the General Service - $220. It looks comprehensive to me - could anyone take a look at what they offer and tell me whether there are other things that need to be checked / if this is overkill for a 140k service? (go to www.nismo.com.au --> click on 'Services'--> scroll down, click on 'General Service')

Also, has anyone heard of / used ProStreet Automotive before? I thought it might be a good idea to at least initially take my car back there as they know it + might be able to tell me more about it's history than I knew already.

Are there any other places that people would recommend I take it to? I'm close to Castle Hill and Chatswood, depending on the day of the week :D

Cheers!
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Definitely worth contacting the first place, even if only to get the previous service history if you haven't got it already. Might give you an idea of the life it's lived.

The UAS service schedule looks pretty standard to what I'd expect that a decent mechanic would do, just that they specify it all (e.g. topping up wipers, checking tyres, etc).

At 140k - if you're not sure if they have been replaced before, I'd consider belt, water pump and tensioners.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Did your car have the service history when you bought it?

I would say that the timing belt should have been done already... but you might want to have a look through it to check... if timing belt, water pump, cam seals etc haven't already been done it might be worth looking into... the sooner the better ... you could always take it in to the Prostreet place & ask about whether theres anything wrong with the car & what has been fixed on it previously without getting the service done on it...

if theres anything wrong with your car UAS should be able to suss it out ... if you find out that it needs the major service of timing belt, water pump, cam seals etc you should get that done.. you really don't want your timing belt to fail...