*SAT NITE SOCIALS*

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

chelly
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

*SAT NITE SOCIALS*

Post by chelly »

Hey guys and girls so it suddenly just hit me how lazy I have been at organising...lol i was distracted by the shiny lights of the clubbing world..
so im organising with sam and here is the deal
every second saturday we will have a social event eg dinners, movies, clubbing, mexican fiestas etc etc so we can all get to know each other a little better...and its not compulsory to be intoxicated *looks at simon and yang*

Saturday 25th movie night
what would u like to see??
sam n i are thinking die hard 4
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Good to have you back chelsea...

As discussed, we will make a plan for the rest of the year with set dates... chelsea and i will take turns in organising weekends.. would be good to have like 3 months worth done in advance...

Things like, movies, bowling, dinner, skirmish, timezone, putput, etc..

feel free to make some suggestions... once we get organised, i'll make a new sticky...

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

woot! Hey Chels!!!! Cool stuff, I want a Mexican Fiesta :)

Black Sheep! 'tis one movie that Simon will definitely enjoy :P Baaaaaaaaaa! There's not really much out in the way of movies at the moment :(

Don't go see 'Die Hard 4.0', trust me, it is 2hrs 10 mins of my life that I would like to have back, it has to be the no. 1 worst movie I have ever seen in my life (no jokes) Just glad I didn't pay to see it...
If you decide to go see it though, good luck :) I recommend taking some band aids, because you will want to ram sharp objects into your eye sockets before its over... ;)

Loved the Die Hard Trilogy though... ^_^
gecko
Apprentice

Post by gecko »

sounds good...looking forward to meeting ya all
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

i'm keen for more meets :D

what time where u planning on having the movie night?

just wondering also if everything will be held in the Brisbane area coz i live on the gold coast so it would be good if we could do some things sorta half way :?: :wink:
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

well i might come if i get my car back Friday!!!, still waiting for the pice of sh*t to be fixed, f**ken wanker insurance company, dumb ass mechanic fixing it!!!! AHHHHHHH
(sorry for the english :) but so so annoyed)
But they siad it was ment to be fixed like 4 weeks ago, but they just keep saying sorry next week and now i want to stab them. (not really) :( :cry:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

maybe have the movie thing at the hyper dome so it's almost half way for everyone lol

and black sheep might not be so good for simon, it's about zombie sheep, as far as i know simon likes them young, not genetically altered to attack ppl lol

and hey chelly.. i was sober enough to drive at the dinner :P
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
chelly
Grease Monkey

Post by chelly »

Ouch Michael was it really that bad?? lol u should have asked for the 2hrs of your life back from the candy bar...
The plan is we'll rotate the location around each meet so everyone gets a turn at having it close to them...im from the northside so im not sure which cinemas are worthy on the southside so if u could help me out yang that would be super! and jason even if u dont get your car back u can still join us unless u were planning on driving your fto into the cinema :P
LOL at black sheep! i saw the ad for that...is it meant to be a comedy?? i just remember the part where they walk in and the guy has his pants down and he's like "u wouldnt understand".....actually we understand perfectly..u just had sex with a sheep....
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

chelly wrote:Ouch Michael was it really that bad?? lol u should have asked for the 2hrs of your life back from the candy bar...
Yesh, (I thought) it was .... Not to say you won't like it though, different people have different tastes I guess ...
:( The plot for the movie would have been okay ... if the director actually got even the slightest bit of consultation from someone who works in the I.T. industry ... sadly though, the moron who directed the movie completely butchered it with all the "hollywood-isations" of computers & "hackers" ... SO LAME ... I spent the entire time yelling abuse at the (computer) screen :P
If that wasn't bad enough, the action scenes were, over the top & completely unbelievable... if they were done right, the action scenes may have actually worked for the movie, but they took the concept of the original movies & shat all over them
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

but but... it's got the guy from the mac ads in it lol
and the only decent cinemas i can think of are:

megaplex at garden city - it's big, and has a couple pubs about 20m away from it lol, and there would be plenty of pretty safe parking space if u r willing to walk a little bit.

the hyper dome in logan - i've never been, but it's one of the newest, and it's probably as half way as we are going to get. apparently its not bad

AMC at sunnybank - i'm just suggesting this cos it's 2 mins away from my place lol. at least i know its not bad lol
kiz wrote:
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

id be keen but 25th ive got jamboree & then a 21st straight after so im out :(
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

I'd be up for this. Just might chase someone to loan me some floor space for the night :wink:

For the 25th, so many options, Jamboree, movie with you all or getting very dusty officiating at an off-road race, soo many options. 8)
chelly
Grease Monkey

Post by chelly »

Thats ok sammy your forgiven...do us proud at jamboree :)
ok so the venue is Garden City (nice and close for u yang) coz i'm organising mini golf and dinner for u coast members the next week
heres the choices
Chuck and Larry-7pm
Simpsons Movie-6.50pm
Die Hard-6.40pm
or any other ideas...times can be later if u want
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

chelly wrote:Thats ok sammy your forgiven...do us proud at jamboree :)
ok so the venue is Garden City (nice and close for u yang) coz i'm organising mini golf and dinner for u coast members the next week
heres the choices
Chuck and Larry-7pm
Simpsons Movie-6.50pm
Die Hard-6.40pm
or any other ideas...times can be later if u want
yay!! lol
as for which movie or time, i'm easy ;)
organising a dinner/ mini golf for next week? is it going to be at the goldie? if it is can we make it early-ish, cos i need my beauty sleep :oops: (that and i need to get up before 6 on sundays for work)
kiz wrote:
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

\(^o^)/ WOOP

putt-putt ftw, i will pwn u all
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

(p-_-)-o \(x_x)/ WOOPA SNAP!
wanna go huh!? lol

well if i happen to be very very lucky and the stupid f***s get thier act together, i can get my car back tomorrow or friday so i may come :) (finally)
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

lol @ the g33ks
:P
kiz wrote:
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Cleaned it up... Keep this on topic boys!

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

FtoSam wrote:Cleaned it up... Keep this on topic boys!
ARR! I like Pirate cock in me arse!!! Arrrghhh!
chelly
Grease Monkey

Post by chelly »

everyone meet at garden city cinemas at 6.30pm this sat nite!!!! i wont be online tmoz but if anyone needs a lift or anything call me on 0414 446 941
hope to see evryone :D