Sound deadning - Pics

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shahrez
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Sound deadning - Pics

Post by Shahrez »

I was getting sick of that continuous rattling sound coming from the rear quarter panel due to excessive bass and hence i thought it was about time i got rid of it, or at least minimised it to a minimum!

The materials i used were sound insulation material and some good old crunched newspapers.

* Car in a mess!

* Through the 3 square/rectangular shaped holes, there was a large area of empty space, hence more air for resonation. I filled up this space with material and newspaper balls until the area was packed, but not too tightly.

* Finally sealed the 3 holes with the sound deadning material, put back on the quarter panels, and then again stuffed the empty gaps through the open sides as there was still space left between the quarterpanel wall and quaterpanel itself.

Took me around 2 hours? half that time was spent looking for tools, materials ( thanks to my brilliant idea of working on it at night time)..

And then to test it's effect, i turned the ignition on just to realise my battery was flat! coz i left the audio running! Clutch started it within the length of my driveway and took it out for a spin.

It made a huge amount of difference. Amazing difference actually. Didn't think a bit of junk material could do so much but it did! I highly recommend doing it (if you already havent done so) as the bass then actually travels smoothly and kicks stronger and it becomes more solid.

Next iam going to sound deaden my boot!
scottlei
Apprentice

Post by scottlei »

lol.... it took me an hr, i dynamat both this inside of the rear fender and the holes.. and the boot... and it only cost 150.00
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

scrunched up newspaper....
fire hazzard? lol

looks real messy but i guess if it does the work then u cant complain. :D

and it costed me about $300 for dynomat and no time at all to sound proof my car (managed to convince sam to do it lol)
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

yeah it was pretty messy but i cleaned it up, sealed the area's properly but didnt take any pics coz i was too excited to put everything back together again and check it out! Iam probably gonna have a got at it again much later and do it with proper materials, although it sounds absolutley brilliant at the moment!

Only thing which is annoying me now is the front section! Didnt realise it made noise until i got rid of the noise from the back!