Factory 6A12 turbo?

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Breza
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Factory 6A12 turbo?

Post by Breza »

Hi All,

Just wondering if the Autospeed article here is correct?

http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_0307/article.html

Was there really a factory 6A12 turbo engine? or have Autospeed stooped to the same factual reporting level as Hot 4's and Fast Fours?

Why would you want to do a turbo conversion when you could do an entire transplant then mod it for more power if required? (e.g intake, exhaust, boost controller...............bigger turbo, intercooler)

Especially if you were already running with a GR so MIVEC didn't come into the equation.

Cheers

Chris
blk_fto
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

apparently the 6A12TT has the gearbox mounted on the other side... :(
nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

Ya thats true, the gearbox is on the otherside. which means everything is mirror imaged basically. The intake is on the left instead of right.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

8O

Did it take you long to find this thread? Cause it was buried under 2 years worth of posts :lol:
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Ahhhh......2004.........great year that.

After posting that I had a look at a Galant at Rik and Joe's on the Gold Coast running that exact engine in the flesh.

Gearbox is indeed on the other side.

Bet you can't find any FTO QLD Club Yahoo Group posts from 2002! :-)

Cheers

Chris
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

i think hes a tad obsessed with turbos after seeing sams
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Yeh... i second that

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
RichardB
Grease Monkey

Post by RichardB »

Yes it was available in the old 2ltr Galant VR4. A 6A12TT kicking out 240bhp, why it never got put in the FTO is anyones guess... but the interesting thig is that all the manifolds, heads, pistons etc... should fit the FTO..

Rods, Crank etc.. are all the same part numbers. You would just need a little custom pipework.
The World's fastest FTO - sub 9's checkout www.mitsubishi-fto.net to see the latest time.

Sponsored by : NR Autosport, RB Performance, PPG Gearboxes, IPG Parts, S1 Chiropractic
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

RichardB wrote:Yes it was available in the old 2ltr Galant VR4. A 6A12TT kicking out 240bhp, why it never got put in the FTO is anyones guess... but the interesting thig is that all the manifolds, heads, pistons etc... should fit the FTO..

Rods, Crank etc.. are all the same part numbers. You would just need a little custom pipework.
intresting....
nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

LOL, yesterday was the first time i have ever decided to look through the old threads so i decided to dig it back up bahahaha :D