Next Cruise?? Advanced Driver Training Course

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Next Cruise?? Advanced Driver Training Course

Post by mr-charisma »

Ok, Is anyone else interested in taking an Advanced Driver Training course?

I will be doing this fairly soon, but if there is enough interest in it, I can put it off for a couple of weeks for people to save some $$ otherwise I'll be booking myself in for it ASAP

I need a show of interest & some numbers before Monday the 8th October. If you are interested, please add your name, level of interest, time needed to save some $$,

Just some info;
Requirements: To be in on the Advanced Driver training you need to either be;
Over 21 or;
Already completed the Safe Driver Driver Training course
FAQ & Other Info: http://www.sdt.com.au/ADVANCED.htm
PRICING:
Mt. Cotton Training Centre, Brisbane (QLD)

Session One: Advanced Accident Avoidance
$121 per person (inc. GST)

Session Two: Skid Pan Experience
$121 per person (inc. GST)

Total for Full day
$242 per person (inc. GST)

Everyone should really go & do the Advanced Driving training / Safe driver training & I should have done this a looong time ago.

It should be a good lead up to some track days / skid pan / drifting cruises etc... not to mention a fun day out.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

1.) Mr-Charisma - Definite - Now (ASAP)
2.)
3.)
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

RallyMad - Definate - next year some time as am currently unemployed and have a lot going on this christmas :cry:

On a side note I think this will also reduce your insurance premium with some companies, can't hurt to tell them and see what they say.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

can we have get the approx date on this one so i can at lease see if i can go 8O
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

akuma3 wrote:can we have get the approx date on this one so i can at lease see if i can go 8O
No set date yet ... just trying to gauge interest ... if there are a few people wanting to do it then I don't mind putting it off for a bit longer if people need to save some $$ / get time off work or have other plans ... after Monday the 8th I'll try & work out an approx date ... I would assume probably no more than 1 month away?
gecko
Apprentice

Post by gecko »

ill be in done the safe drive course there with work so the advanced wld be great
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

gecko wrote:ill be in done the safe drive course there with work so the advanced wld be great
what do u do for work? o_0'
body guard? personal driver?
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

Id be in but not so soon im saving for CF Bonnet :oops: and i would prob only do the skid pan :P
maybe we could arrange a day for just half a day on the wet pan for 10 of us? im sure myself or someone could get a decent price for that many..

Sammi
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

BorepYano wrote:
gecko wrote:ill be in done the safe drive course there with work so the advanced wld be great
what do u do for work? o_0'
body guard? personal driver?
Couldn't be a courier ...or a taxi driver ... or a bus driver.. I sincerely doubt that any of those people have ever done a safe driving course..
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

MissxFTO wrote:Id be in but not so soon im saving for CF Bonnet :oops: and i would prob only do the skid pan :P
maybe we could arrange a day for just half a day on the wet pan for 10 of us? im sure myself or someone could get a decent price for that many..

Sammi
I think we would be lucky to get 10 FTO's .. but if we do need the numbers we could always get some non-FTO's (not holdens or fords though ;) lol)
have you done the skid pan days before?
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

sure have!
Ill just pretend HOT4's are comming and everyone will show up? it worked last time :P
Im sure i could get a lot of people interested to the point of that we could have in excess of 25+ cars....which will again be cheaper for you to get out there and "FWD wet Drift" :D
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

MissxFTO wrote:sure have!
Ill just pretend HOT4's are comming and everyone will show up? it worked last time :P
Im sure i could get a lot of people interested to the point of that we could have in excess of 25+ cars....which will again be cheaper for you to get out there and "FWD wet Drift" :D
I spose we could always have one of our own Photographers take some pics & we could write up an article ourselves & submit it to Fast Fours, Hot4's, street machines or whatever other magazines we decide to submit it to ... we have a few FTO photographers now :P And then we could decide what the articles about, boast about how good the handling is in the FTO etc...

How many cars do they normally have out there at one time?

We really shouldn't need to have a magazine shoot every cruise to get members to come along though ... at least something like this should have pretty huge appeal on its own...

I think you're right about it just being a skid pan day though - I will go and do the Advanced Car Control one or whatever it is next weekend probably, and just get it over & done with ... then I'm open for a Skid Pan day whenever :P

I'll give them a call & find out the details today - what days they're holding the courses etc...

& you might already know some of this stuff;
Do you need to have done the Advanced Car Control course before you do the Skid Pan?
Are people going to be better off to do the other courses before they do the skid pan?
I assume helmets etc are supplied?
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

MissxFTO wrote:sure have!
Don't laugh, last time I was talking to someone from the skid pan program the fastest car around was a Integra type R, in skidpans I think the front wheels clawing for grip can make for far faster speeds.

I would have thought it was only one car on the pan at a time Michael?
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

[quote="RallyMad']I would have thought it was only one car on the pan at a time Michael?[/quote]

25+ cars on the pad at the same time.... i rememeber playing a computer game like that... it was kinda old... damn what was it called.....

thats right.
Destruction Dirby lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
gecko
Apprentice

Post by gecko »

Energex..its a requirement before driving a company car
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

BorepYano wrote:[quote="RallyMad'']I would have thought it was only one car on the pan at a time Michael?
25+ cars on the pad at the same time.... i rememeber playing a computer game like that... it was kinda old... damn what was it called.....

thats right.
Destruction Dirby lol[/quote]

:lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: