Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

very cool, very very cool
Whats an FTO?
Blaze
Apprentice

Post by Blaze »

Just linking to previous thread re: dimensions, where some members willing to know:
what is the overall height when the door is fully opened?
Cheerssss........
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

OH Hell Yes... Spank me silly I will definately be doing that to my car when I can....:twisted: Hey MarkyBoy I think I've seen pics of your car somewhere else before (without tthe scissor doors) looks SWEET....:P

Robb...
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

seeing the size of your garage I can understand why you want doors that go up rather than out, you probably also have to fold your mirrors in, lol! :P

seriously though, car looks FANTASTIC! 8O
markyboy
Apprentice

Doors...

Post by markyboy »

Thats the standard sh*tty size of garages over here in Scotland and eah im better flding the mirrors in.I will measure up the height when i get a chance. :lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Mate your car look fantastic inside & out!! Now we just have to wait & see whos going 2 be the first one in Oz to install this kit!!!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

All I can say is....WOW! Your car looks sensational! Good job!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

FTO338 wrote:...Now we just have to wait & see whos going 2 be the first one in Oz to install this kit!!!!
*raises hands* me! me! me!! :D

damn she looks gorgeous... new undies please!! ;)
markyboy
Apprentice

Vertical doors

Post by markyboy »

Thanks for the comments folks and hope one or two of you guys get it sorted soon--it really stands out amongst other cars now...

Ran her on a rolling road on Sat and it was running greatly.Very nice high figures because its nice and cold here in Scotland.Tried another run with my 100 jets of NOS and had a problem.The air filter blew into bits, the air intake pipe blew off and i blew the metal baffles clean out of the air flow meter.Not to expensive to fix and it should be back on the road in about a week or two... :oops: These things happen though....very strange seeing bits of engine flying around the workshop.. :oops:
StuMcGrath

Post by StuMcGrath »

would have been worse if it happened on the open road about 100 mph with the bonnet down... 8O

stu.
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Robb wrote:Hey MarkyBoy I think I've seen pics of your car somewhere else before (without tthe scissor doors) looks SWEET....:P

Robb...
Hehe, I think I posted a pic of your car MarkyBoy when I was looking for the TopMix sideskirts. I got the pic off another FTO site.
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

I hate to rain on your parade Markyboy, but how the heck do u get into the car? After looking at those pics, it looks like it might be a bit difficult to slide into your seat unless you're 5 foot tall. Don't get me wrong, I love the way it looks, but I wouldn't do this conversion if I have to become a ninja to get into the car.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

hmmmm if u talking about the first pic, i think he just moved the passenger seat forward, cause theres seem to be plenty of clearence on the fourth pic!!
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i would love to see a video clip of the door swinging in action (as well as the occupants climbing in and out of the car).
markyboy
Apprentice

Vertical doors

Post by markyboy »

I will do a video clip and measure the height of the door when fully opened but i need to get an air flow meter etc to get her running again.Should have a video clip in the next week or two.Its actually very easy to get in and out and im 6 ft tall--but then again im a ninja :wink: :lol: well Muay Thai boxing instructor really. :lol: