need a favour

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BorepYano
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

need a favour

Post by BorepYano »

hey guys, i'm looking at buying a rolling fto shell from a "member" (by "memeber" i mean, i'm pretty sure all he's ever posted on this forum in the last few yrs were him trying to sell this fto lol), the car is in Narre Warren Vic, of course apart from looking on whereis.com i have no idea where it is in relation to anything or anyone....
can one of you guys do me a huge favour and maybe swing by the place and have a look at the shell for me, it sounds too good to be true (this shell is pretty freakign useless to most ppl but it's perfect for me to do my AWD conversion in and the timing is pretty perfect too), but u know what they say about something that sounds too good to be true lol

if someone can check it out for me and if it looks alright, i'll probably fly down there to buy it and get it shipped if i have to, but if it looks not worth it then i wont bother flying down

yeah if anyone want to volunteer to help me out? i'll buy u a beer... i'll post it to you lol

PM me if u can help pllleeaaassseeeee.
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I've went and check it out 3yrs ago and so did few other Vic's members for every yr since then. That give you some idea about the condition of the thing.

Make sure you got a tow truck if you serious about getting it.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

FTO338 wrote:I've went and check it out 3yrs ago and so did few other Vic's members for every yr since then. That give you some idea about the condition of the thing.

Make sure you got a tow truck if you serious about getting it.
yeah i'm planning on getting it couriered from there to brisbane actually,

all i want is for it to not have been in a crash before (straight chassis),

no structural rust (hopefully no rust, but beggers cant be choosers).

it being able to be registered again, so that means it has to have been complianced when it entered into aus and not in the death book (where all the write offs are recorded)

no broken windows, no missing interior, and nothing missing from the A pillar back, as he discribed

and it being able to roll onto a tow truck.

actually since so many ppl have looked at this, i'd apprciate any details anyone can give me :)
kiz wrote:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

BorepYano wrote:yeah i'm planning on getting it couriered from there to brisbane actually,

all i want is for it to not have been in a crash before (straight chassis),
From memory, the chassis was ok, but it miss few parts like control arms and front bumper or one of the 1/4 panel
BorepYano wrote:no structural rust (hopefully no rust, but beggers cant be choosers).
I assume he left it where it was since i last saw it, which is outside his garage, it had rust everywhere back then already.
BorepYano wrote:it being able to be registered again, so that means it has to have been complianced when it entered into aus and not in the death book (where all the write offs are recorded)
Shouldn't be a problem as he claim its complance
BorepYano wrote:no broken windows, no missing interior, and nothing missing from the A pillar back, as he discribed
There are few missing interior back then, so there probably more missing now
BorepYano wrote:and it being able to roll onto a tow truck.
Not a chance, front suspension is off, missing rotors, let alone wheels LOL

$1k would be a bargain if he still got all the things he had back then, but i doubt it, ask him to make a list of things its missing.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

well when i asked him, he reckons it's a rolling shell, i've asked him for photos, so i will know when i see them i guess
and it does come with the 3 engines.... hmmm..

thank you for all that, and keep the info coming lol
kiz wrote:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

BorepYano wrote:well when i asked him, he reckons it's a rolling shell, i've asked him for photos, so i will know when i see them i guess
and it does come with the 3 engines.... hmmm..

thank you for all that, and keep the info coming lol
He still have those engines? OMG...did he tell you two of them basically doesn't work?
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

FTO338 wrote: He still have those engines? OMG...did he tell you two of them basically doesn't work?
lol, nope, he didnt.
anything else i need to know? o_0' lol

i suppose i'll see what the photos show.... something smells fishy lol
kiz wrote: