Thread for any issues encountered on new host

Website Help. This forum is for problems with the website not for car help
If you are having problems creating an account - please post in here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by I8A4RE »

Speed is much better today ben. Still having problem with avatar deleted mine today and tried to put another 1 on. but after hosting it with image shack and trying to post the URL it was saying that avartar must be sized 100x60 but the smallest you can go is 100x75 on image shack. Also im only seeing a few other ppls avatars. Cant see yours or sams or robsters (not sure if he has one though)

Thanks SImon
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Can you post up the link to the pic here & I'll force it on.

The avatar upload feature onto this site is still not working right, I think it's a permissions issue with the folder on the server. Will have a look at it tonight.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I've been noticing that I'm not getting emails for all of the threads I'm watching.. I am getting most of them, but sometimes when I come back to the site I notice new posts in threads that I didn't get emailed about.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Hey, I fixed the avatar thing :D

For those of you who cant see your avatar, you can reupload it onto this site & it should come up. I've upped the max size to 100 x 140 now too.

Im still working on the new posts thing. Its a cookie issue. If the cookie doesnt register the unread message you wont get the email, but the site emailing is up & running.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Ben your a friggan geniuss. all workin well done mate
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

yeah, I think as long as I was replying or clicking stop watching thread & then clicking watch thread again it would send an email the next time a reply was made. If it helps, cookies / Temp Files are set to clear each time I close the browser on my work comp
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Even the avatar management section has come to life 8O

Thats never worked!

Im gonna change the cookie settings tonight, cause if I do it now, it'll kick everyone off.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Thought I'd post in here instead of a new

Is the site slower than normal?
I'm on 5 other forums at once, and this is by far the slowest, even at work I'm finding things load with quite a lag.....
Last edited by Astron_Boy on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah i agree i thought it was just my internet speed but definitly slow compared to other sites
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Thirdered.
LED ALL the things.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

and also the email reply takes ages now. it used to be instant as soon as someone replied bang email would arrive now its like taking over a day at times to get the email
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Its been a bit of a dog lately, but its been out of my hands. Apparently the host was doing some work on the database servers.

It seems a lot quicker today thou.. :scratch:
gpat
Apprentice

vvvveeerrryyyy ssslllooowww

Post by gpat »

Just thought id let you know the site is very slow...taking about 60 sec to load a page!
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I don't know if they're planned outages or not, but the site has been down a few times coming up on I think it was 12 midnight - 2am on a few occasions now.. just thought I'd let you know ..
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Found out today why the site has been a bit slow - I really need to read these emails my host sends me! They are preparing to relocate their entire data centre... and that we will be having an outage of upto 48 hours from midnight Friday night (28th) for upto 48 hours (I know, you'll have to go and talk to real people in the real world for 2 days 8O ) I might go & hire the Lord of the Rings Special editions to get me thru :lol:

Here is the latest update from our host. They are relocating to a nice new site. Once they have relocated, we will be moved onto a nice new server & coupled with all the new comms gear (network switches & routers) we will be back & running faster than ever 8)

Check this link as well - explains it all

http://www.ixwebhosting.com/templates/i ... 80213.html

"Dear Ben ,
The time for our big Data Center move is quickly approaching and I wanted to give you another update as to how everything is progressing.
For those of you who signed up with us in the last few weeks, this will be news to you! Your websites are already hosted at our new data center, so you will not be affected by the move. Please take a look at my first announcement here:
Announcing The New Ecommerce Data Center
We've been very diligent in planning the move of our data center and we're on schedule with all preparations. Our primary target date for the relocation of all servers is the end of next week: Midnight, Friday March 28th. At that time, for a period of up to 48 hours, there will be service unavailability. It is not certain when your account will become unavailable or how fast it will come back up. Please allow ample time for us to make the move safely and securely.
I know I'm asking a lot of you and am truly thankful for your patience. You can expect significant service improvements with this move.
It is likely that most accounts will only be down a portion of the allotted 48-hour window.
Once your site is up and online, you can rest confidently knowing that it is hosted in a brand-new high tech Data Center. With multiple large, ultra-fast connections to the Internet, a state-of-the-art power grid and redundancy systems and high-capacity cooling, the new Ecommerce Data Center is the place to be for your website, for years to come.
Ben , next week I'll email you again shortly before the move - and I'll have some inspiring pictures as to what your websites can call their new home.
Until then!
Kind Regards,

www.ixwebhosting.com

If the outage date changes, I'll let all you guys know ;)
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

hehe, *runs off to buy an FTOOC membership :P