EOI: christmas 4 day cruise to... half way to no where

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Would you be up for a 4 day cruise over christmas?

yes, definately.
25%
maybe
50%
sry i'm being a little girl
25%

Total votes: 16

BorepYano
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EOI: christmas 4 day cruise to... half way to no where

Post by BorepYano »

hey guys, for those that went to the dinner thing at sizzlers a while back. you might remember simon mentioning something about trying to organise a cruise to... somewhere far away, for a few days.
and some of you might remember me msging you earlier on today about it lol.

here's what i'm suggesting...
4 day round trip.
1st day: meet somewhere on the south side of brisbane, leave at lunch time, drive south for a few hundred ks. find a little halfway town stay the night. a bbq + booze
2nd day: leave when everyone's recovered/when we get kicked out. drive another couple hundred ks to nambucca heads, meet up with some of the members from down south (sydney mainly), stay the night, booze booze booze, maybe some food in there if we get to it.
3rd day: spend the day within about 100km radius to nambucca heads, maybe fishing or even go inland a bit and go for a drive... basically whatever.
4th day: drive back home.

of course this requires the NSW members to meet us half way lol
i'm just trying gadge what the interest level is like before i try to organise this further (i.e. dates etc... and letting the NSW members know lol)
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

finally this event sees some light.

i thought everyone had forgotten about this. :cheers:

i will be there as long as we get a dagte sorted fairly soon so i can organize time off work.

sounds like it should be a good few days. :thumright:
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

maggsy wrote:i will be there as long as we get a dagte sorted fairly soon so i can organize time off work.
yeah, thats why i'm trying to organise it early-ish.
if there's enough interest, i'll post something up on the NSW section and see how they react in a couple of days, and if that works out ok then i'll try to set a date in a couple of weeks.

in fact... can everyone that's interested (definates and maybes also) please put down what times they would prefer this to be?

Yang - anytime
James -

just copy and past this last bit as u put your prefered time down, so it's easier for me to organise :)
kiz wrote:
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

i think that about 2 weeks before christmas would be a good time.

just because i know i get quite rushed over the christmas period and especially on the 2 week lead up to christmas itself, i'm sure i'm not the only one.

this would give us enought time to organise the event and also give us enough time to prepare for christmas. :santa:
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

jebus ill spk to sam about a one day cruise lol for the people who cant attend the 4 day cruise. But yes ill need dates to and a better plan of attack yang!

Sammi
driving south somewhere doesnt sound fun to me rofl i need places!!!
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

Hrmnn as long as someone takes a car jack haha I have no idea where mine is ... lol. My space saver doesn't even fit in the boot... makes me wary of long trips :lol:

Still interested ... depends on time/intentions. I'm pretty easy though... so who knows.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

go go google earth lol

um... ok, first stop is ballina, about 200kms from the south side of brisbane - not a huge place, but its pretty much your first half decent place that has 24hr bottle shops, from memory
2nd stop is nambucca heads, which is another 250kms - its even smaller than ballina, but it's exactly half way from brisbane to sydney, and i know it has at least 1 pub lol, and unless it's windy as hell the views and fishing should be worth it ;)
and as for setting the dates... i'm waiting for ppl to tell me what they prefer first.
kiz wrote:
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

I prefer vodka... I'm such a skirt. 8O

:wink:

I'm probably not around 24nov-1st dec. As I'll already be heading down that way during this time heh. Can't recall where exactly... details... details. :roll:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

boarsai wrote:I'm pretty easy though... so who knows.
good to know, i'll keep that in mind when i'm drunk, but where do u stand about the trip? ;)
lol sry, couldnt help myself

i have my car jack and spare, i'll throw your spare in my boot if it makes u happy lol. (just remembering back to when simon blew a tyre on a cruise, between the 8 of us, we had trouble coming up with a jack and a spare lol)

ok, and another little piece of information to add, i dont know what other kind of accomadation is on offer in nambucca heads, but i did stay at this caravan park a few times (i'll get back to you on the name and address cant remember it atm), nothing special but decently priced especially if u share the 4 ppl cabins.

as for a place to stay in ballina i have to look into it later.
kiz wrote:
KLRFTO
Apprentice

cruize

Post by KLRFTO »

hey all

newbie here but am intrigued by your idea of the cruize and wish to subscribe to your newsletter or sumthing like that lol, the only problem for me at the moment is weather or not my baby will be back on the road in time for it :cry:( cut a long story short, my baby suffered a cracked rim, which lead to a smashed front bar,another cracked rim and left the passenger side suspension components needing complete replacement i.e control arms, drive shaft, steering rack, the hub and stub etc, and left me with a broken heart) hopefully it will, cause just looking at the sheer size of this club it would be one hell of a good cruize, (im in the proccess of purchasing parts by the way and anyone wanting to get rid of the above parts or the plastic inner wheel arch guard or engine splash guard etc or knows where i can get these parts please PM me it would be much appreciated)
Gotta love the look on the bogan v8 drivers faces when they hear the scream of 7500rpm mivec slaying there puny 5 litre paper weights with twice the power, yeah thats a FTO
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

KLRFTO, pm sent with some info about your spare parts.

and everyone. slight change to the plan.
2nd stop instead of nambucca heads, its changed now to coffs harbour. much bigger place, with pubs and clubs, and there's a moutain 18kms drive away according to google map. it's only abotu 50km north of nambucca heads as well, so not a big change. :)
kiz wrote:
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Yes, I'm being a little girl..............again :D

This year sucks for me. I won't be able to make it this year as I won't be able to get the time of work. Sounds like fun though.
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

Coffs is a good idea. :D

I might just rophy myself for your Bore.p. :oops:
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

for my b0rep eh? lol
kiz wrote:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Im out
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

just kidding.... instead of ballina we should stop at Byron bay its awesome apparently..... good place and cheap, heaps of backpackers if you know what i mean :twisted:

Yang - anytime
James -
Simon - anytime

and sammi leave yang alone this is his first attempt at organising something a huge step for him considering how lazy he ususally is jok
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

ok good suggestion simon, 1st stop now changed to Byron bay, it's 30 odd kms north of ballina.

ok, and as for dates, since no one else has mentioned anything so far...
how does 14th-17th of december sound to everyone?
kiz wrote:
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

Yeah go to byron bay :) my mum lives there so i can stay at her house HAHAHAH and i will know the way around so i can help use out :)
good idea I8AFRE :P

um is it ok if i don't have a fto at the time??
the 14th is to early for me :( but i would still come down on the weekend to catch up with yas :D
Jase
Grease Monkey

Post by Jase »

I'll come as far as byron. Holiday period is way too busy for me.
www.racingspec.com.au
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

ok, just so some things up:

1st day meet somewhere on the southside of brisbane, drive south (maybe pick up gold coast memebers on the way if they r too lazy) to byron bay. stay the night there. what to do: dinner, booze, pub/club, back packers and jason's mum loll.

2nd day leave from byron bay, drive to coffs harbour, stay the night there. what to do: bbq, booze, pub/club, more booze, trying to get boarsai to put out lol

3rd day stay around byron. what to do: nurse hangovers, booze, food if anyone can still stomach it, maybe a cruise in land if everyones up for it.

4th day, drive home.

i'm planning on having the NSW members meet us on the 2nd day.

proposed dates:
14th-17th dec.
27th-30th dec.
or nominate your own date.

we'll finalise the date by the end of the week i guess.
kiz wrote: