front speaker installation

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr_f700
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

front speaker installation

Post by mr_f700 »

whats the easist way 2 install new front speakers???

does the whole door trim need 2 be removed or can i simple remove the speaker grill 2 change them??

thanx
Pomwa
Grease Monkey

Post by Pomwa »

If you're just changing out the speakers and not redoing the whole wiring, the easiest way is to just pop out the speaker mesh with a small flat head screw driver, undo the screws holding them in place ( 2 philips for mine) then disconnect the old, connect up the new and fit it all back together.... and bobs your mothers brother...

when i did mine i had to replace the speaker connections as they were pretty rusty.

hope that helps
If you can't be good, be good at it!!
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

+1

I think there is two clips on the bottom/top of the grille, and one on either side ... Be careful not to snap the clip ...

I have a knee support on my grille, so I can use that to pull it off.. Makes it sooooo easy ... I can take a pic of where the clips are on it if you want ???
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

Ancient thread but i need help Pomwa! for my left door, the speaker is in there but its not connected, and i dont see the wires which i can on the driver door, i think i have to do some rewireing, can you give me instructions on how to do the wiring? i hope its not a serious problem too , i think the previous owner didnt wire that speaker for a reason(unfixable? 8O )
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

have a closer look if wire not there then just run new ones through from head unit/amp whichever you run

to do you will have to remove door trim and run new wires through the rubber housing between door and guard then directly to source for speaker power

the door trim has a few small screws hidden by little plastic covers and one on actual handle and one underneath where small storage compartment is....
once all screws are out you then have to pull the trim off held in by clips all around inside, just give them a gentle tug and should come out. then just disconnect electric window switch and all done.
if you pull it off you may even find the old wires there somewhere ;)
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Pomwa
Grease Monkey

Post by Pomwa »

vipfto wrote:have a closer look if wire not there then just run new ones through from head unit/amp whichever you run

to do you will have to remove door trim and run new wires through the rubber housing between door and guard then directly to source for speaker power

the door trim has a few small screws hidden by little plastic covers and one on actual handle and one underneath where small storage compartment is....
once all screws are out you then have to pull the trim off held in by clips all around inside, just give them a gentle tug and should come out. then just disconnect electric window switch and all done.
if you pull it off you may even find the old wires there somewhere ;)
What he said........ have a look on CompleteFTO for a guide on how to remove your door trim and like VIP said its just a matter of either locating your original wires that have fallen into the door, or putting in some new ones.
If you can't be good, be good at it!!