Version R Front Indicators

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Version R Front Indicators

Post by G_A_V »

I have had the majority of my car re-sprayed, along with a new version R front bumper, I am fitting the bumper tomorrow, but i have been ringing around looking for the VW Lupo indicators, little did i know they dont have the vw Lupo in australia, what have other people done about indicators ?? and driving lights ?? I have noticed the diriving lightso n the Mirage/lancer are the same size, could i jsut use them ?? also whats the easist way of fixing it to the front bumper ?? i was gunna use a sh*t load of silicon and superglue and maybe coat it in ducktape lol, sounds dodgy whats the best way ??
oh one more thing can i just hook it up to the exisisting wiring, like strip it and attach the positive and negative accordingly or will i need to make any modifications to the current ??
Thanks in advanced for everyones help
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

hi gav

i have a set, oh sorry you can't have them as they are on my car ha ha lol

on mine there is brackets and they just screw in

if you want a look, your most welcome,

if you get the lance drive lights you could put yellew/orange blubs and that would fix your indicator problem

as for wiring you should just be able splice in

what have you done about the parkers, as these where in the same cluster or am i wrong

robert
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

yeah i was thinking of finding driivng lights and putting orange bulbs in them, im hopeing it wont hten just light up the whole road orange lol.
The parkers ill worry about once i can get my car back o nthe road (indicators sorted out) but ill find driving lights with 2 clustors, or even drill a whole into the main unit i have nfi and am open to ideas
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

you could get some originals from jast jap

http://www.justjap.com/Welcome_Page.htm
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

anyone know how much they are worth ?
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

click on parts in stock then click the new parts link and they are at the bottom of page three and are 160 AUD or give mitsi a ring in newzealand
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hey GAV,

The ones dannyboyau is telling you about is the indicator lights.

Ofcourse you can try and get the fog lights as well which are original but they will cost you some thing like $500 each. For the fog lights.

Or, the lupo you are talking about is in UK and they don't make that model here in Aust. Your best bet is the VW Polo which is the same model but slightly different.
The fog lights that fit into the Polo should be the right size for the FTOs. I think it's the 8" size lights you need to fix into the FTOs. I forgot the size but it's some thing like that and if it's the same size you can fit anything all you need is the brackets and they should all sell them where you get your lights from.

Hopr this helps.

Cheers,
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

thanks guys for all your help, ill proberbly try as few auto stores today and see if htye have any around the same size, As for the driving lights i am going to speak to mitsubishi try their mirage/lancer dirivng liughts cause they look the same size. Ill keep you guys psoted this afternoon
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hey GAV,

While you're at it, would you be able to ask if they have a blanking panel for an FTO as well?

I just don't need any fancy ones and I was told that Mitsubishi has some normal blanking panels..
You know the ones to fill the blanks above or below your stereo?

If you could that would be great.

Thanks a lot!
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

ok i finally got the old front bumpero ff what an ordeal !! soo many screws in the obscure places. I bought some trailer lights which were about 2m too small around the inside, and i attached it to the bracket where the old lights were it linned up good, just 4' back too far !! so i am going to buy the originals tomorrow from just jap, anyone know if they come with the brackets and everything to fit a non facelifted car ????
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

omfg, i thought 160 was steap for indicators, bt i ordered them anyways to find they are 160 EACH ! so 340 including delivery, just for indicators, i feel like i been raped, is this right, what has everyone else paid ??
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hey GAV,

What's why you don't get the genuine one!

That's why you get the alternative ones which also look a whole lot better then the factory one any way!

There is a forum on this topic some where here...

It'll tell you what you need to replace the light units.

Cheers,
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

Well i cant find anywhere else that sells the right ones which fit, and have all the brackets
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

Installed the new bumper finally, seemed to take half the nuts the old one did, strange, one side is also a little too high, its very hard to make adjustments. Thought before i took off the old one hte oppisit side was a little too low so maybe its accedent damage from jap.
Anyways I have to say the bumper looks great in blue very good with the steel mesh too. The indicators should come tomorrow and ill install them.
Thing is i have a lot of chips on th bonnet and front quater panels too from country driving, soo looks like i might have to spend more on respraying, i hope it doesnt cost too much to do those panels, anyone know a spray painter ?? cause i forked out too much already on spraying.
Also some tips for those removing the old front bumper
*Remove the main Lights, this is very hard to do but trust me its a lot
easier then removing the screws behind them wihtout removing the
lights
*Get a Torch and when you have taken off the mud guards look down
towards the front bumper and you will see a few bolts that need to be
taken off, also 2 clips
*There are a few screws holding the mesh in place, these are another
difficult lot to remove i just cut the old mesh
*When replacing the lights do it after a few clips of the front bumper
and most likely you can get away with plugging the left one in when
you have finished but not the right (pod filter usually in the way or
airbox
Finally dont remove it unless completly necessary, it was very difficult !
One more thing fto12345 i forgot to ask about the blanking panel (i ordered from work, but their phone number is (02)95450532
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Thank you GAV I'll try that number.

Hope everything else goes well for you..

Cheers,
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

ok forget the troubles i had yesterday, i took the bumper off today again, installed the just jap lights, they dont fill out the wholes fully unfortunitly, but they dont look too bad, i just used mesh in the driving light pods for now, till i buy some.
BTW today i found 4 screws under the car for removing the bumper and brackets, which is a hell of a lot easier then removing the bumper from the brackets while its on the car. ytou do not need to remove hte lights or any of the other hard to reach screws, it was a breaze
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

sh*t Gav no wonder you had a pig of a time getting the front bar off I didn't relise you were trying to remove the bar from the frame if I new I would have told you about the four chassis bolts that hole the frame on.... I've removed my front bar several times and found it pretty easy.. thats why I was wondering why you were having such a hard time with it... may be I or someone else should write up a 'how to' on the subject....:?:

Robb...