Those with Veilside bodykits on..Question..

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fto12345
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Those with Veilside bodykits on..Question..

Post by fto12345 »

Hello,

For those of you who has Veilside bodykits on your FTOs...How much clearance do you get from the ground?

I have lowered my car and now I want to fit the bodykit on but it seems like it's going to be too close to the car...

Do you guys have any problem with the kit?

Has any one fitted a veilside and also lowered their car as well?

Also, where did you guys get your kits fitted?

I need to paint mine but I can fit them my self...any good place to get it painted?

Thank you all in advance,
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

After I lowered my car, The front of my Veilside Kit, clears the ground by exactly 100mm. (The Legal Limit), but not when there are people in the car!!
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

well i lowered the car after i put the kit on so i could see where i wanted it to sit and i dont have any problems with it....much.
fitting the kit is easy. getting someone to spray it, just go to any paint shop.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

The legal limit is 100mm at the lowest part of the car in its driven laden state. i.e. all parts of the car, even with people in the car, must remain above 100mm.

So if your car is 100mm without people in the car, chances are as soon as you hop in to drive it, it will drop below 100mm and be below the legal limit.

Even if your ride height is greater, say 120mm, if you put 4 people in the car and it drops below 100mm, then again you are below the legal limit. If the cops pull you over, they will measure it with all 4 people in the car.

So it is possible to have a car that is legal height, only when the laden state (i.e. how much weight is in the car) is below a certain level. For example, you may be able to have two people in the car OK, but when you have a 3rd it drops below 100mm, at that point it becomes illegal. Meaning you can drive your car legally with 2 people, but not 4.
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Roll a can of coke underneath the car while it's full of people. If it comes out the other side then you're ok :lol:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

rxboy wrote:Roll a can of coke underneath the car while it's full of people. If it comes out the other side then you're ok :lol:
and when we say "full of people", we don't mean 5-yr olds that Jacko loads into his limo.... :P
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

are you talking at the side skirts that are still at my place? (check your pm) ummmmm they are no lower than the originals as you remove the orginals and replace with these ones.

a front bar is a differnt matter though it is lower and as they are made of glass i would fit it then lower the car.... it costs a lot to fix them when they crack. Glass cracks a lot easier than the OEM plastic ones.