Nissan 350z - opinions, thoughts

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shue
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Nissan 350z - opinions, thoughts

Post by shue »

Hi all,
What do u all think of a 350z ? honest opinions and reviews please :D
<div><strong>My Car for Sale - Contact Me</strong></div><br>
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Re: Nissan 350z - opinions, thoughts

Post by khunjeng »

shue wrote:Hi all,
What do u all think of a 350z ? honest opinions and reviews please :D
the newer 230kw Track release is quite good. You can pick up second hand versions of the older models now under 40k. Would be worth it at this price range.

Personally it handels pretty good, but no way fast enough. A friend threw on the APS twin turbo kit which took it to about 260 rwkw which was great to drive until stuff started breaking...gearbox etc. Which sucked.

what do u want it for? impress your chick? then its probably going to go well, beat me at the lights? then no chance...FTO388 will beat you with his hybrid :P the 230kw upgrade was good...but still I would rather have a few other cars before this one for the cash...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

khunjeng wrote:what do u want it for? impress your chick? then its probably going to go well, beat me at the lights? then no chance...FTO388 will beat you with his hybrid :P
KJ you smartass :lol: The best part is, you won't even hear me coming until its too late :wink:

Anyway 350z have one of the worst plastic fantastic interior ever, i seen them fall apart with few pokes when people was working on it. If you after the same performance and much better interior, get the V35 Sky coupe, its export as Infinity G35 Coupe to U.S of A, so the quality is on par with other luxso coupe.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

FTO338 wrote:
khunjeng wrote:what do u want it for? impress your chick? then its probably going to go well, beat me at the lights? then no chance...FTO388 will beat you with his hybrid :P
KJ you smartass :lol: The best part is, you won't even hear me coming until its too late :wink:

Anyway 350z have one of the worst plastic fantastic interior ever, i seen them fall apart with few pokes when people was working on it. If you after the same performance and much better interior, get the V35 Sky coupe, its export as Infinity G35 Coupe to U.S of A, so the quality is on par with other luxso coupe.
yeah for the money the inside was total crap. I reckon its worth a good 30k...but not in the same bracket as the TT which is was - or still is not sure with the new model. Get a new SS commie..I reckon they are pretty tough looking and ride sh*t loads better oh and go sh*t loads faster...

or this if u want the v35....
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums ... tml&hl=v35
onnzo
Grease Monkey

Post by onnzo »

I was looking into the 350z recently but the door handles really turned me off! Aside from that - the minister of finance dictated no two door cars or convertibles so the 350 was shot down pretty quickly!

I just got back from a trip to Tokyo and saw the new skyline coupe - I agree - it is very nice both inside and out.

Mike

edit: Howcome where I have written Sky line it comes out as "Big ugly Soap Box Racer" ???
Last edited by onnzo on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

If you want a v35 with some extra Power then perhaps this one will do.
CarSales Link
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

gee too honest huh KJ? i hate the interior too. im growing old dude, need a car as a d@#$ extention. I dont really race for a reasonably fast car is good enough for me. I do need something that handles well though. About the V35 i couldnt get a car loan for it, so im stuck at aussie built cars
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Shue, if you mainly after the look in similar price range, then i suggest the RX8 with Leather pack. It looks good and the interior is 10 times better. The only down side is, they love to drink. Their performance is half decent too.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

350Z is my current favourite for the "step-up" from the FTO (looking to buy used), the RX8 is just too goddamn ugly to get a mention.

Power's reasonable... but for the same price you could get a Monaro, exhaust + edit, suspension upgrades and you'd be sitting pretty on an Australian performance beast.

350Z is undeniably sexier though and not to common, so it makes sense having come from an FTO :)
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

scarecrow wrote: Power's reasonable... but for the same price you could get a Monaro, exhaust + edit, suspension upgrades and you'd be sitting pretty on an Australian performance beast.
I have to say the 1st gen Monaro have even worst interior then the 350z.

My mate bought one when it first came out, on the day of deliever i went to check it out, the dame door cards are uneven, some plastic are like rattle snake. And don't make me start on the exterior, i thought the car had a minor accident repair with different shades of bumper and uneven door gap.

RX8 are ugly 8O each to their own ;)
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

350z is a nice looking car, rx8 is in the same bracket. The inside of the RX8 is total kick arse over the 350z and feels nice to drive. Both are about the same in performance.

I like the 350z especially since I drove one with the twin turbo APS kit...

or buy a magna.
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

shue wrote:About the V35 i couldnt get a car loan for it, so im stuck at aussie built cars
i had the same issue when i bought mine, you can get finance for it through GE Finance though if you have a good credit history and can put a 30% downpayment. or just buy through a dealer and use there finance which is what i did
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

i would prefer a v35 over a 350z from personal experience v35's are a much nicer drive and are more comfy plus they push 220kw stock and have a VERY quick pick up!

Why dont you just get a personal loan? then your not in a secured loan with your car and you have no restriction on what you buy? car loans have larger interest rates aswell i dont know why anyone would even get a car loan.

Anyways my 2 cents.

Sammi
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

MissxFTO wrote: car loans have larger interest rates aswell i dont know why anyone would even get a car loan.
Tax benefits for those who are qualify.
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

MissxFTO wrote:loans have larger interest rates aswell i dont know why anyone would even get a car loan.

Sammi
i went for mine because i wanted a balloon payment at the end of it, Plus i wanted to pay it off early so i transfered most of it to my credit card which has a 4.9% interest rate for the life of the transfer.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

lost now, personal loans have a lower rate than a car loan? what? where? topoa can u pm me the interest rate for the ge loan? i think the exterior of an RX8 is pretty avg too, looks a lot like the FTO i think
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

With Ge Finance im just going by what Gecko told me last week in http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... ic&t=12636

Yeah Personal Loans tend to have a lower interest rate, check out MoneyBuddy.com.au if you want to compare some
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I really like the 350Z ... damn sexy car ... I have to agree w/ scarecrow. Rx-8 are ugly .. the wheel arches are too big .. dunno why Mazda tries to do that with all their cars now.. :S

Anyways, 350Z, if I got one I would whack a supercharger kit / turbo on it 4 sure..

but... that said, if I was spending that much on a car I would be getting an Old School Fully Restored (RH Drive converted) Corvette Stingray..
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Exterior - worth 50k
Interior - worth 30k

so average = shoudl worth around 40k.

I love the exterior to bits....one of the nicest looking coupe jap car. after FTO and RX7.

personally i would get one at some point of my life. maybe after my FTO. 8)
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

350z..

I so wanted to get one and still do.

But - For a good one with low Ks and good condition, it's out of my budget. I'd max myself to around 40K, with that money there's only ones with closer to 100k. But then I wouldn't have any cash to buy new rims etc for it.

If I had the money, hell yea I'd buy it.

As for speed comparisans, the way I think of it is - You can never have the fastest car, there will always be somebody out there with something faster than you. So buy what you have a passion for. I hold a lot of value for looks/style and speed to me is secondary, although the 350z is very quick for a NA and quite luxurious also.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.