If you want an AWD turbo FTO here is your chance

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

barfy
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

If you want an AWD turbo FTO here is your chance

Post by barfy »

[img]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/barfy76/barfycopy1.jpg[/img]
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

cant v iew it says you have to sign up and when you try to sign up it says your email adress has been banned iv tired 6 differnt email addys lol never ever been on the site before
pimped
Grease Monkey

Post by pimped »

For those who can't login
"I am selling the 4g63 Engine, Gearbox, Front and Read diffs W/AYC from my AWD Mirage. Everything is from a Lancer Evo 4.

The Engine runs perfectly, compressions have been checked, all perfect. The turbo has been rebuilt and hi-flowed, around 1000km ago. Exhaust manifold has been HPC coated (hightemp Black), as well as the exhaust shields (Silver).

Within the last 1000km the following has been done-
Changed Gearbox oil using Syntrax
Complete AYC/diff service from Mitsubishi
Engine Oil/Filter Change, always used high quality Synthetic oils, and uprated filters.

Everything is currently in the car and producing around 209kw @ all 4 wheels, with a motec M800, the Motec is not included, the original ECU will be.

Also, included are the Evo 4 brakes and an exhaust system made to fit a mirage (i'm pretty shore it could be modified to fit a lancer).

I am located in Brisbane, if you are interested and would like to see the engine while it is still in the car and running, you can. Everything can be out of the car within 2 days of finding a buyer, as I already have my replacement ready to go. Also i can help any interstate buyers to organize shipping/transport.

This Package would be fantastic for a mirage or lancer, maybe even for replacement Evo parts. I can also give you the numbers of a few people who can do the conversion for you if needed.

Price $4500

Anybody interested can drop me a PM and i'll give them my phone number. "

Anybody interested can drop me a PM and i'll give them my phone number.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

hmmm... Yang, if you don't look into this for your AWD project you're soft..
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

mr-charisma wrote:hmmm... Yang, if you don't look into this for your AWD project you're soft..
dont worry all over it lol
:cry: i'm almost touched lol

but... since i embarked on this rd, i've slowly... over time changed my mind from the original evo convertion to leaning heavily towards a VR4 conversion... :cry: i'm almost at tear trying to decide between the 2 now, since this is going to be pretty much bolt on job... and the project will probably cost me about $15k with this rather than the spaz $40k....

(yes yes it is that time of the month for me lol)

hey, pimped can you get the guy's number for me please.

and someone.... anyone.... with more knowledge on this than me... so anyone really lol, if u get this put in... how much more effort would it be for me to later on put a VR4 engine in....
and is there any chance what so ever that i can make it tiptronic (either with this engine or with the VR4 later)?
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah and only another 15k plus instalation, and certification and insurance shouldnt cost too much after that. Sorry drunk andn b.ored
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

BorepYano wrote:
mr-charisma wrote:hmmm... Yang, if you don't look into this for your AWD project you're soft..
dont worry all over it lol
:cry: i'm almost touched lol

but... since i embarked on this rd, i've slowly... over time changed my mind from the original evo convertion to leaning heavily towards a VR4 conversion... :cry: i'm almost at tear trying to decide between the 2 now, since this is going to be pretty much bolt on job... and the project will probably cost me about $15k with this rather than the spaz $40k....

(yes yes it is that time of the month for me lol)

hey, pimped can you get the guy's number for me please.

and someone.... anyone.... with more knowledge on this than me... so anyone really lol, if u get this put in... how much more effort would it be for me to later on put a VR4 engine in....
and is there any chance what so ever that i can make it tiptronic (either with this engine or with the VR4 later)?
the 4g63 is still gonna haul... & its been done before .. a few times.. I'd stick with this one.. (if its gonna work etc...) but thats just me..

& when you say VR-4 conversion do you mean 6a13? If so, talk to Jeff & Adz & ask how much they've spent on theirs.. that should be enough to deter you ;) actually, more importantly ask them about all the dramas they've had.. :P

From the sounds of it you don't want a huge HP monster-car like theirs anyways.. even a straight 4g63 transplant should be huge..
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

OMG we must posting at the same time yang he he. Man i researching tip turbo at the moment and going AWD as well, think (i could be wrong) is pushing a little to far. Look at the problems most of the turbo guys have had and thats just with tuirboing let alone keeping the tip and then going AWD. Not saying its not possible but f**k you need to be made of money.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Dude
even a straight 4g63 transplant should be huge
That aint a straight forward conversion. Try finding someone to do a quality service on a FTO and its a struggle let alone a engie conversn
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I8AFRE wrote:OMG we must posting at the same time yang he he. Man i researching tip turbo at the moment and going AWD as well, think (i could be wrong) is pushing a little to far. Look at the problems most of the turbo guys have had and thats just with tuirboing let alone keeping the tip and then going AWD. Not saying its not possible but f*** you need to be made of money.
Just got to look at how much power these guys are trying to pull from their turbos & you can see where the problems come from.. run a modest amount of boost & it should be pretty schweet..
I am seriously looking into superchargers, can't wait for Ben to finish his SC project & blueprint it etc.. probably wouldn't go much above 5-6psi .. might dial it up a little bit later on, but I should be happy with that I reckon just need a bit more kick from the low-mid range.. happy with the mid-high response with Mivec..

will just have to see how much its likely to cost me vs what it will cost to get a cheaper car to pump a lot of power out of..
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I8AFRE wrote:Dude
That aint a straight forward conversion. Try finding someone to do a quality service on a FTO and its a struggle let alone a engie conversn
By straight I meant just the engine without all the AWD crap.. should pull good enough results from that.. based on what yang wants out of it..
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

mr-charisma wrote:
I8AFRE wrote:Dude
By straight I meant just the engine without all the AWD crap.. should pull good enough results from that.. based on what yang wants out of it..
i want 200-300 usablekw, and AWD
i know this engine will be able to put out enough, but i think i really want the extra 2 cylinders lol
kiz wrote:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Oh i know some ppl got power hungry and i aint tryin to be a smart ass or anything but i think keeping the engine in the same family is the way to go (6A12 6A13).
i really dont think that is staright forward at all. the amount of work to convert that into a fto would be massive whether AW turbo or not just the enginee conv would be a huge task.
i want 200-300 usablekw, and AWD
i know this engine will be able to put out enough, but i think i really want the extra 2 cylinders lol
Sorry yang, again not meaning to be a smart ass or anything i think without spending round 50k, a turbo tip AWD, it aint gonna happen. If your prepared to spend that the best of luck to ya. IMO, i think getting 200kw running low boost with your tip would be a huge success and thats what im setting my goal at.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

I8AFRE wrote: Sorry yang, again not meaning to be a smart ass or anything i think without spending round 50k, a turbo tip AWD, it aint gonna happen. If your prepared to spend that the best of luck to ya. IMO, i think getting 200kw running low boost with your tip would be a huge success and thats what im setting my goal at.
yeah i know about how much its going to cost me... trust me i'm not planning on moving out for the next couple of yrs lol, might cut my cost down a bit by knowing a guy that used to be the head mechanic of rover and also a good workshop though ;) lol
kiz wrote:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

LOve your enthusiasim but i do believe that has been the downfall of many. ive spent the last three days reading all the post from danny jeff redline and mivec and what i have learnt is dont go overboard or it will lead to a costly heartbreak but thats just my 2 cents worth as i say im not a doctor but ill feel you anyway
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

have you got your rolling shell yet Yang?
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

mr-charisma wrote:have you got your rolling shell yet Yang?
should be rolling up to my door around about next weekend :D

yeah simon i know what u mean :?
here's hoping that it doenst turn out that way lol
i guess in defence of my dream:
i'm not looking at a huge amount of power.
e.g. say i want 250 usable kw, i'm going to use gear that are going to handle someone asking for 300+kw out of it. so hopefully no broken stuff lol

yeah barfy or pimped can u get the dude's number for me please :)
(i know i asked pimped in an earlier post, just realised that barfy posted up the link first.. could've used the edit button.. but meh)
kiz wrote:
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

i dunno if this will help you guys, but i was talking to trojansport and he said he was looking into getting turbo kits imported for FTO's from the project F guys.
(he said he should have them at the end of the year)
but you never know he might be full of dog poo.
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Hey guys,

Thought this would get abit of interest lol... I will try and get the owner of this to register and answer any questions you have.
[img]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/barfy76/barfycopy1.jpg[/img]
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

eThix wrote:i dunno if this will help you guys, but i was talking to trojansport and he said he was looking into getting turbo kits imported for FTO's from the project F guys.
(he said he should have them at the end of the year)
but you never know he might be full of dog poo.
Sounds interesting... will wait for it to happen though...