If you want an AWD turbo FTO here is your chance

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Delvance
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Delvance »

:D
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

barfy wrote:Dont get me wrong i love the FTO i saw my old one the other day and the memories came flooding back, bought a tear to my eye, having said that i have always wanted an evo but assume they were way out of my price range until i looked into it and found out it was a matter of selling my FTO along with a 10k loan...
What model EVO have you got anyways? As I've said, I do think they're a good car .. I'd buy one in a second if Mitsi had put a different shell on them & i'm sure they'd be great fun to drive / take to the track etc but so is my FTO .. for that money though, I'm sticking with the 50k mark (cause being a jap car, you're only gonna want to mod it once you have one ;)) :P ;) (I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but...) I've seen Lotus Elise's second hand, about $20k more for a Lotus Exige .. IMO they're the ducks nuts.. 8)

Hey KJ,
I see where you're coming from with all your track days lol, but a 100kw fwd is also fun! I used to do a lot of touge and we all know touge favours balance over power. I only had 116kw atw but outran a lot of more powerful or awd/rwd cars.
++++1 :thumleft:
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

he has an evo7 which if i remember correctly he got it for 27k

mr charisma! u forget the fact that once you do and 50k turbo + awd setup on a fto reliability is going to be a big issue

something a stock evo half the price and just as fast if not faster would have.
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Ok no more theres no point arguing about which car is better as its like comparing apples with oranges...

evos are better though hehe
[img]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/barfy76/barfycopy1.jpg[/img]
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

jonowong wrote:he has an evo7 which if i remember correctly he got it for 27k

mr charisma! you forget the fact that once you do and 50k turbo + awd setup on a fto reliability is going to be a big issue

something a stock evo half the price and just as fast if not faster would have.
I like my FTO as FWD ;):D I've got no intentions of ever going AWD, I can't justify spending that kind've money - It would be a big stretch for me to even outlay $5k-10k for a supercharger .. I would love to do it some day, but I can think of other ways to spend / invest my money ..

I'm more interested in ripping out my lightweight fabric seat covers / door card lining etc & replacing it with some heavier leather :P stripping the entire interior & lining the whole car with some bulky dynamat / stinger gear & killing all road noise, rattles, etc

So yeah.. power isn't very high on my list of priorities .. :geek:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

barfy wrote:Ok no more theres no point arguing about which car is better as its like comparing apples with oranges...

evos are better though hehe
hehe!
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

lol
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

barfy lol you won't win on a fto site :P
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

lol yeh its all good, i know what i was like when i owned my FTO nothing compared to it haha
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

eThix wrote:barfy lol you won't win on a fto site :P
Not to mention that if one of us was to go onto the EVO site preaching about FTO's we'd get hit with a lot more than a bit of friendly debate :P :lol:
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Yeh but the difference is i owned an FTO before so i know where your all coming from...

It wasnt about FTO VS EVO anyway i added the link thinking someone who wanted to AWD a FTO this would be the perfect opportunity.

Charisma and me got abit carried away hehe
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Barfy chill man i was just f%^king with ya, i actually love evo's sorry if i came across as been sh*tty i wasnt, i was just been stupid, probably should of used some smilies :lol: :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

all good mate i probably was irritated that day, sand in my vagina or sumthing lol
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

barfy wrote:all good mate i probably was irritated that day, sand in my vagina or sumthing lol
Bahahahah thats f&*ken funny im always sayin that
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I8AFRE wrote:
barfy wrote:all good mate i probably was irritated that day, sand in my vagina or sumthing lol
Bahahahah thats f&*ken funny im always sayin that
:lol:

Spilt wine or your blouse?
HeRo
Grease Monkey

Post by HeRo »

hmm, i didn't know you could make FTO's 4WD, thats wack.

can you make FTO's RWD? that'd be new :?
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

HeRo wrote:hmm, i didn't know you could make FTO's 4WD, thats wack.

can you make FTO's RWD? that'd be new :?
Stupid amount of money and work for AWD... even more for RWD (transmission in the tunnel?)

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

hey Sam, can you explain in a bit more detail about what a RWD conversion would entail?
scremn
Apprentice

Post by scremn »

- New front subframe, power steering rack, control arms, possibly hubs.
- Remake all your brake/fuel lines and use an Evo fuel tank.
- Transmission tunnel and new mounts for your trans and motor.
- On top of that you still have the rear diff to fit... cheapest way would be to fit the Evo rear setup but its questionable whether any of the Evo diff's are strong enough. Solid mounting it may help it last longer.

I know its a rotor but check it out anyway for the conversion details - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 34.htm?p=1

Easier to do the 4WD conversion then lock the centre diff and remove the half shafts. So if you dont like it, you havent just lost over $20g and can make it 4WD again 8)
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

He's got it about spot on right there... Look to spend twice what you paid for your FTO...

and trust me... i've looked right into this... unless you can do metal fabrication (i.e. enlargen the tunnel) and do everything yourself, then it might only be $10k.... but theres so much custom... no idea where the exhaust would go either...

oh and congrats to scremn for the quadrupile post... (tidied it up for ya...) lol

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.