Dream come true...

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Cohn
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Dream come true...

Post by Cohn »

Hey fellow FTO lover's, i just wanted to share with you one of the luckiest things that has happened to me lately, and obviously maybe give some advice for future FTO buyer's.

The last 4 months were agonising, having to wait and look for the right FTO. But good things come to those with patience.

Last friday i called up a girl who's ad has been in carsales.com.au for about a month now, advertising a black manual gpx 95 adjustable suspension, carbon fibre interior, ABS, Gen 95,000k's etc... etc... She was asking for $20,000.

Anywayz, i get through to this beautiful sounding absolute babe on the otherside who breaks into tears over the phone. So i ask her what's wrong and she starts getting teary and says "my beautiful car!, my beautiful car, it's been repossesed by the bank...blah blah blah". So, i got into a conversation with her over the whole thing, and apparently she could not pay her $30000 loan on the car she bought a year ago and therefore forfitted the car to the bank.

Now fella's, everyone knows that once the bank gets a car, they just wanna get rid of it, for just about anything and they do it through sending the car to an auctioneer (I.e Pickles Auctions). So the thought came into my mind "why don't i call up the bank and offer them an out of auction settlement on the car, that way they don't have to deliver, and toe away the car (as at that stage it was not taken away from the owner yet). And i would simply pick up the car from the women (who already lived in my suburb).

After our conversation, i called up the credit control department, and harrassed them to pass me onto the Asset Manager of Repossessions. I don't really know why they actually gave me the number, but i somehow got through to the manager. I explained how i wanted to purchase the vehicle blah blah blah, and at first she said, "that is absolutely impossible and illegal, we cannot sell prior to auction", but after me pushing pushing pushing and begging her like crazy, she said to me "hold on, i'll call you back in 5".

I didn't really expect a call back, but 5 mins later, i get a call and she says to me "ok, how much do you wanna offer us". So i offered $14000 (just to make it seem like a genuine offer). She delayed the auction on the car and a day later accepted my offer. In the mean time i actually went to see the car with the current owner (who was really polite, and helped me out). When i inspected the car, it was in IMMACULATE condition. However, it had cheap wheels (original's were stolen), and the battery was flat (just needed a recharge). When the bank callled back to accept my offer, i said i wanted a lower price because the wheel's were cheap and the battery was "apparently dead *winkwink*. lol, so before i could even give a new price offer, considering around maybe $500 off an already excellent price, the manager said to me "OK, well do you want me to take off 1,500?" :lol: Yeh, that's right i was F*cking laughing my head off once i got off the phone. good deal ey???

Just bought/picked up the car today... Bloody beautiful... :twisted:
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

i waited an agonising 3 months before i could see my car, even though i payed 4 it (import), a nice $25 000 (inc insurance) but this baby is what u call immaculate.

so all i can say is "U r bloody lucky".

thats what happens when u keep on harrasing people.

a nice fto 4 $12 500.............WELL DONE
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well done Cohn, U r so dam lucky as it is absolutely illegal, but hey i do the same if i get a bargain like that!

Maybe we should all start 2 look 4 action sheet from banks & finance insitutions & pick up few FTO 4 spare parts! hehehehehhe
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well done Cohn, U r so dam lucky as it is absolutely illegal, but hey i do the same if i get a bargain like that!

Maybe we should all start 2 look 4 action sheet from banks & finance insitutions & pick up few FTO 4 spare parts! hehehehehhe
Cohn
Grease Monkey

Not illegal?

Post by Cohn »

Hey dude, its perfectly legal!. Turns out that Bank manager could actually sell it (the original owner actually released it to me, by calling up the bank and forfitting her original 2 week compulsary wait)
nofearzz
Apprentice

Post by nofearzz »

I feel sorry for the chick though.....
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Why u feel sorry 4 that chick? Is her own fault that she get into debt! Is the problem with lots of young ppl these days " get it now & worry later! "

I see at least 10-15 cases like this every wk, & usually is young ppl want 2 get something "cool" but didn't think through how they're going 2 pay 4 it later, cause most of them r on part-time job but got someone 2 "verify" they r working full time.

So once they lost the job, they in deep sh*t as they got no money left, while spend 90% of their money paying off the car, & the rest on petrol, food & drinks.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

well thats a reason to feel sorry for her! she wanted a coool car...f**k i agonised over mine for ages... to see if i could affford... plus you want a car like that when your young, cos later on in life there not practical. i know mine isnt. you can worry about $$ when your older and your have debts on a house and other stuff
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

last thing you want is to be able to afford a Ferrari when you're an old hag and drive 25kph on a 100kph zone (like that TV ad...) :?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well thats why Australian had more debt per head then any other western country!!! Don't worry about a Ferrari when u old, cause at the rate Australia going, most 20's wouldn't even able 2 afford public transport by the age of 60 cause they r so in debt. & if u thinking pension! I can tell u now 4get it.

I hate 2 b a smartass, but those ppl who think 2 dr cars r not practical later on in life r those who can't afford it! Face it, u can only afford one car when u in debt. When u invest your money wizely when u were young, u can afford few cars later on in life no matter how many kids or morgages u got. & i'm talking about bombs either!!!