MPS3 with exhaust sounds like a subie ?

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Delvance
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

MPS3 with exhaust sounds like a subie ?

Post by Delvance »

Hot damnit...

Anyone think an MPS3 with exhaust work sounds a bit like a wrx or something =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbNCanCxVQc

This one sounds nice to me though...i like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05jIoDnrVts

Curse factory warranty and no mods bah!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Sounds more like any car that have a hollow cat exhaust system to me.

Warranty is void only if they can proof that the aftermarket parts you put on caused the problem.

My mate bought a pod filter with heat shield and a cat back exhaust for his brand new RX8, the dealer fitted them for him and he still maintain the full factory warranty.

Is the same with my mate's 350z and i did it with my Mercs, so i think you better ask your dealer.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Ay i will when i head in to get the warranty transferred to my name. Just gotta finish my uni exams (last on tuesday yay). There's been some conflicting reports on some mazda forums and it seems that warranty approval/denial comes down to whoever you're dealing with at that moment and their mood =/.

Yeah wouldn't mind a catback on the mps...it's so silent. Mazda chucked two cats and two resinators on it to make it quiet (too quiet).

Anyways, been enjoying the car Kev...nice little sleeper it is. I'll get some photos up soon as i wax and polish her on tuesday.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

to me the first one sounds a bit better than the second one... both would do my head in if i had to drive them every day though ..

two cats & 2 resonators is a bit over board..
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Just asked Mazda AU regarding a catback exhaust or something. Yeah that may void the warranty on the engine, exhaust components and EGR system. *sigh*...guess i'll just find some bolt on removeable products for now.

Pretty standard response though, i was expecting that.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Sounds like a lancer.
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

sounds sweet ! :D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

sounds like s**t to be honest mate. no offence implied though lol
unknownperson
Apprentice

Post by unknownperson »

sounds a bit chynky for my likeing, i think exhausts sound better when they have a smoother more consistant note to them
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

Ay, haven't actually heard a really nice exhaust for the mps3 yet. Maybe it's the engine or direct inejection...dunno.

I did delete my muffler yesterday, sounds much better than stock but still not great. Sounds ok i guess... however the performance increase is welcomed though :D i wasn't expecting it but noticed when i drove it. So did two other people lol.