RPW GB: CANCELLED

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Bennoz »

It is direct bolt on, however to really get the max outta these things, you need to upgrade your cat back system. These only go to the cat.

After running these with a cat back, I picked up about 12Kws at the wheels. Next biggest gain you can get behind an air intake.

Oh & btw Simon, if you finally do get this off the ground, flick me a PM before you do speak to rpw ;)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah no worries ben. Looking to get about 10 then ill pm you.

1. Simon
2. mr_f700
3. JOeJOe
4. Grue (NZ)
5. Maggsy
6. yellowftogpx
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

The last RPW group buy was like $506 for the extractors and an extra $400ish for the coating...

just a guide... ;)
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

what does the coating actually do?
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Keeps the temp down in the engine bay. I dont think it woul make any difference on a n/a FTO. but i am turboing mine so i will want it done after the modifications are done to it
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

more specifically the ceramic coating gives the piping a higher thermal resistance, keeping them cooler & somewhat reducing the temperature of the exhaust gases being expelled. It doesn't really give that much of a boost to performance, at least not enough to justify the cost IMHO.Some say it only gives a performance increase of 0.5 - 1.0 kw if anything at all.

It gives it a shiny finish .. chrome /gold etc which looks really good, but its not something I cared about a great deal - not going to be able to see it all that often.. & if you want to you could give it a coat of high temp resistant paint for the looks..

As for reducing Engine Bay temps, yes it will reduce them a little, but it is much easier, less expensive & more effective to just heat wrap them & spend some extra $$$ on something else..
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

put me down for the $300 fidanza flywheel from rpw :lol:
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Reckon flywheel will do much??

though im only running in the new engine, i cant see any difference with the lightweight flywheel

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Come on boys keep on topic. I can start another threAD FOR YOU IF YOU like LOL.

more specifically the ceramic coating gives the piping a higher thermal resistance, keeping them cooler & somewhat reducing the temperature of the exhaust gases being expelled.
It doesnt really matter how cool your exhaust gases are otherwise ppl would ceramic coat there entire exhaust.
It doesn't really give that much of a boost to performance, at least not enough to justify the cost IMHO.Some say it only gives a performance increase of 0.5 - 1.0 kw if anything at all.
What are you talking about the ceramic coating or extractors.

The extractors will make a big difference as long as you do what ben says and get the exhaust and airpod to go with. Theres no point getting an exhaust apart from a little gain in kw and loud noise if you dont get extractors. The whole principle lies in keeping it flowing (optimum size not too small not too big) from the moment it leaves the cylinder, thats why ppl get the heads ported, mandrel bent piping, highflow cats etc. All the little things add up to lot of kw but each one on there own is a little piece of the pie. (tried to make that sound understandable for noobs)
If you are talking about ceramic coating then i agree for the price it aint really worth it unless you are going to turbo down the line or if you race.
Last edited by I8A4RE on Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

As far as i know, ceramic coating will keep the heat in the exhaust pipes... and out of your engine bay...

Really only usefull for turbo applications as stated...

i.e. hotter exhaust gasses = more efficient turbo...

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Thats correct sam
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

more specifically the ceramic coating gives the piping a higher thermal resistance, keeping them cooler & somewhat reducing the temperature of the exhaust gases being expelled.
It doesnt really matter how cool your exhaust gases are otherwise ppl would ceramic coat there entire exhaust.
Sorry, I think you & Sam are right on that one... got my wires crossed a bit on that one i think... heat wrapping the extractors still not a bad idea.. especially if you're whacking a turbo on there..
It doesn't really give that much of a boost to performance, at least not enough to justify the cost IMHO.Some say it only gives a performance increase of 0.5 - 1.0 kw if anything at all.
What are you talking about the ceramic coating or extractors.
Talking about the ceramic coating, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten my extractors - I am yet to get the rest of my exhaust installed, have noticed a little bit of a performance gain at Mivec & better sound, but until I get the High Flow cat & Cat back it isn't performing to what it should.
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

is this GB actually going to start for real now.

i'm very eager to get these to go along with the exhaust i'm getting off Sam.
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

you can buy zorst heat wrap by the roll. the c.coat looks way better. Lots of people with wrap the zorst on NA and turbo cars and have been doing it for years.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

is this GB actually going to start for real now.

i'm very eager to get these to go along with the exhaust i'm getting off Sam
No we need atleast 3 more ppl tell your friends lol :D
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

i think that more people would join in if it was in the GB section.

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Well thats up to ben i cant control that. but i belive you might be right. BEN can this be moved??
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

hard to sign people up without a price. however its going to be something in the order (if not the same) as the last GB for these.

http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... sc&start=0
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

True. Ill buy not matter what though. ill chat with ben
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I sold my last set. Might be intrested in a new set...