Cruise on 8th or 15th Feb - to The Entrace???

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Teania
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Cruise on 8th or 15th Feb - to The Entrace???

Post by Teania »

:D I'm thinking of driving to "The Entrance" on either the 8th or the 15th?? Anyone up for this? Maybe have a bbq? Never having been to the Entrance is it worth a look see???

Cheers
Tanya
airbornespanner
Apprentice

Post by airbornespanner »

:P ok I'l start the ball rolling am off both day's so count us in
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

yeah, i'm up for it, either day will be good or both if you want to go both days

robert
FTO338
Oldtimer

Re: Cruise on 8th or 15th Feb - to The Entrace???

Post by FTO338 »

Teania wrote: Never having been to the Entrance is it worth a look see???

Cheers
Tanya
Hmmm is kinda funny as an Melbournian to answer this question, but i've been there, & is a very quite nice little town.

When i got there, it was around late afternoon, & i swear the water looks purple & blue, the colour blend with the sky blue, you got to see it to believe it. Seafood there aren't bad either, so is great for "couple" if they want to do a quite get away!

ohhhh & one more thing, some motels there got sound proof room with spa :!: :wink:
sbe8888 wrote:Where's the "Entrance"???
Is around 2hrs drive from CBD, heading Nth East
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Steve

Post by Steve »

count me in... for the 8th...
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D Cool - shall we say the 8th then???

Meet up say around 8 - 8.30ish, leave at 9..... that way we should hit there about 11... Time for a look around and grab a bite of lunch. Catch up on all the goss - and whats going on with everything, then a leisurely drive back (also its not a *&##* double demerits weekend)

I'd better start consulting the maps...... any suggestions for the best way to get there Kaveman, do you know of any "challenging" roads like your Kiama cruise..... I've changed the gear box oil (Redline in it now) and the bearings are fixed.... I'm hanging for a good "stimulating" drive.

:P
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Teania wrote:Meet up say around 8 - 8.30ish, leave at 9.....
what is it with you ppl? 8:30am on a Sunday morning?? i mean come on..!! hehe.. :P
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

GPXXX wrote:what is it with you ppl? 8:30am on a Sunday morning?? i mean come on..!! hehe.. :P
Gotta agree there. Would love to come to the cruise but getting up that early on a Sunday morning will be near impossible! :lol:
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Teania wrote::D Cool - shall we say the 8th then???

Meet up say around 8 - 8.30ish, leave at 9..... that way we should hit there about 11... Time for a look around and grab a bite of lunch. Catch up on all the goss - and whats going on with everything, then a leisurely drive back (also its not a *&##* double demerits weekend)

I'd better start consulting the maps...... any suggestions for the best way to get there Kaveman, do you know of any "challenging" roads like your Kiama cruise..... I've changed the gear box oil (Redline in it now) and the bearings are fixed.... I'm hanging for a good "stimulating" drive.

:P
i'm sure we can work out a fun way to get there. and it would be nice to start a little later this time if possible.
SilentBobMk2
Apprentice

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

especially if you want the out of towners to attend :P

SilentBob
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:wink: I'm hearing ya..... how about 9.30- 10ish???
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

SilentBobMk2 wrote:especially if you want the out of towners to attend :P

SilentBob
we were thinking you could meet us there (hopefully with a few other fto's from newcastle)...
SilentBobMk2
Apprentice

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

[/quote]
we were thinking you could meet us there (hopefully with a few other fto's from newcastle)...[/quote]

are there any other newcastle people on here that own fto's???

I have to see if i can scam the day off work :)

SilentBob
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Teania wrote::wink: I'm hearing ya..... how about 9.30- 10ish???
sounds like a very civil time. :)

now all we need is a location to meet.

i'd say either

space station @ lane cove
homebush stadium parking lot

both are fairly central locations so who's coming and where are you located???? i'd love to see some of those who don't normally turn up come you'll have a great day and spend some time with a bunch of nice FTO owners
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D Space station at Lane Cove??? I assume you mean the big shell service station on Epping Road at the end of the M2??? I work VERY VERY close to that - so that suits me - or Homebush?? Majority rules

Cheers
Tanya
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

whatever time or wherever you meet, and wherever you go and whatever you do, make sure y'all take plenty of piccies to share on the *cough* gallery *cough*! :P
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

i dont think it will be much of a stimulating drive up the freeway, but yes its a nice destination if youve never been... see lots of pelicans
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

)I think I'm in... Hubbys got a Hyabusa motorcycle ride to Port Macquarie sometime in Feb (real sore backside type ride 6hrs or so :? :? ooh my poor bot bot) so I just gotta check which date his ride is on. Get back to ya soon.

PS can we also have a meeting point somewhere north, as I'm coming from Nth West it would be a help - but if we cant I'm sure I'll muddle my way to whichever meeting point you prefer!!

Karen
Teh Ban Queen!
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Teania wrote::D Space station at Lane Cove??? I assume you mean the big shell service station on Epping Road at the end of the M2??? I work VERY VERY close to that - so that suits me - or Homebush?? Majority rules

Cheers
Tanya
yeah its called the space station ;)

G1: i don't think we'll be going up the Freeway all the way... i'm sure we can use the old pacific for a large portion of the trip. :)