Cruise on 8th or 15th Feb - to The Entrace???

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Teania
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Teania »

:D Ok - this weekend I will be pulling out the big old road map and seeig if I can find the best way that includes the least amount of highway.... should be a challenge.

Kaz - I will find a spot to pick you up on the way :D

I'll post up the proposed route on Monday for you all to mull over..

Havagdwknd
Tanya
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:roll: whoops - just realised its Wed today and not Friday..... I'll have a look tonight instead :P
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

hi people

tanya, i dont know any nice road excpt the old highway

i do know the long way round wisemans ferry

robert
Blaze
Apprentice

Post by Blaze »

I think i am in, since I didn't have a chance to join last kiama cruise due to overseas trip.

I'd suggest to have two meetings points. One might be in homebush or nearby to gather members from the west, the other one could be in north sydney or nearby for those live in city area or eastern sub and south incl wollonggong.
And we all meet somewhere like hawkesbury river, off the highway.
How about that?
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

we have made a decision

we are meeting at Thornleigh Mac Donalds

from 9.30 am

we will be leave 10 am sharp

we will be running up the old highway most of the way

ps so tanya if you want to look up the map and see where we are going
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

im in
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D Thanks Kave..... haven't been to Wisemans Ferry either.

I am happy to follow your lead (or alternatively everyone can follow me - I can't guarantee that we'll get where we are meant to get or actually get home......... .. . . :P )

Cheers
Tanya
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

smorison wrote:
Teania wrote::D Space station at Lane Cove??? I assume you mean the big shell service station on Epping Road at the end of the M2??? I work VERY VERY close to that - so that suits me - or Homebush?? Majority rules

Cheers
Tanya
yeah its called the space station ;)

G1: i don't think we'll be going up the Freeway all the way... i'm sure we can use the old pacific for a large portion of the trip. :)
yeah thats the only way ive been... but i was hoping you guys would find an alternative route...

so come on who else is going???!!!!
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

If we are going Wisemans Ferry way, I can hook up with the cruise out there as its near where I live. Anyway until route is decided I'm ok with anything
Teh Ban Queen!
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

kazbah wrote:If we are going Wisemans Ferry way, I can hook up with the cruise out there as its near where I live. Anyway until route is decided I'm ok with anything
thornleigh macca's.... easier for you to get to that the other meeting points and we'll be going up the old hwy
Steve

Post by Steve »

[quote]I am happy to follow your lead (or alternatively everyone can follow me - I can't guarantee that we'll get where we are meant to get or actually get home......... .. . . )[/quote]

Teania I have been to Enterance a good few times so we can get there and back with a guarantee. I mainly know how to get there and back using the freeway but i know that are some nice trourist drives as well.

TA

Sayed
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

don't worry we're never in a hurry steve

hey can i recommend to all first timers that you go to Tandy or dicksmith or somewhere and pickup a 2way radio (jsut a cheap one) that way we can communicate with you when we are driving.
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:wink: Mental note - must buy batteries for 2way :P
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Um, can anyone tell me what street Thornleigh Maccas in on? I have no idea where it is... Thanks
Teh Ban Queen!
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

Pennant Hills Road, The best route up to the entrance would be, up the old pacific, to karriong, then maybe hit the bend into woy woy, and continue down brisbourne water drive (nice road accross the water) into gosford, and continue north,i cant remember the roads from there but my gf does she used to live up there, i can put together a map if you would like
SilentBobMk2
Apprentice

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

Im in for the weekend, scammed the weekend off...hooray

Meeting point to be determined depending on route

See ya all there :)

SilentBob
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

smorison wrote: hey can i recommend to all first timers that you go to Tandy or dicksmith or somewhere and pickup a 2way radio (jsut a cheap one) that way we can communicate with you when we are driving.
isn't that just as illegal as using mobile phones while driving?? :roll:
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

GPXXX wrote:
smorison wrote: hey can i recommend to all first timers that you go to Tandy or dicksmith or somewhere and pickup a 2way radio (jsut a cheap one) that way we can communicate with you when we are driving.
isn't that just as illegal as using mobile phones while driving?? :roll:
Like most things Mikey, its only illegal if you get caught :lol:

Speaking of illegal, I mentioned to hubby the route we were looking at taking, the old Pacific Hwy, and he said not a great idea. He's a member of the Suzuki Hyabusa club (Suzuki 1300's for the uninitiated) Ahyhoo, they have given up going that way for their rides due to the fact that the cops and EPA just love hanging out there ready to catch motorcycles and cars on cruises. It seems to be a favourate route to travel for these types of clubs and dont the cops and EPA just know it :evil: :evil:

Anyway its up to you guys which way you want to go, I just thought I'd pass on the info...

Ta Ta :wink:
Teh Ban Queen!
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

I Live near the old pacific, andi hardly see cops there, never seen the epa, no offence but a lot of motcyclst say that cause they hate cars on their turf lol. Seriously I see lots of motocyles fanging it through their and they absolutly crack the sh*ts hwne there are cars on it, and there have been some pretty bad crashes.
The only time i seen police there is due to a smash up
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

oh also with the cb's, you can get hands free kits as well