Cruise on 8th or 15th Feb - to The Entrace???

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Teania
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Teania »

:D Hey Kaz, try John at Unique, he got my aircon fixed for me (can't remember who he used though') - but at least they will be familiar with FTO's... might be worth a try.

Cheers
Tan
SilentBobMk2
Apprentice

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

but air con just sucks up the power, put the windows down and enjoy the noise ;)

SilentBob
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Thanks Tan, will do....

Oh Silentbob, it may be a bit hard to listen to the noise when I'm nicely frothying and melting from heat.....

Have fun y'all, save me a place for next time
Teh Ban Queen!
chy

Post by chy »

YFT-08U wrote:Now this is going to sound really stupid, but where is thorneleigh? I am interested in coming to this one, so yeah, I am coming from canberra, so any one with directions that can help me get there by 9:30 please let me know

Jc
Hi JC,

Can you call steve on 0416224669 and he will organise to get you safely into sydney and on time to the meeting spot.

Cheers
Chy - Steve's Shot Gun :wink:
SilentBobMk2
Apprentice

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

chy wrote:Chy - Steve's Shot Gun :wink:
*chuckles*
nice nickname :)
SilentBobMk2
Apprentice

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

see you all at thornleigh tommorow morning(as long as i wake up ;) )

SilentBob
SilentBobMk2
Apprentice

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

Well wasnt that fun :)
Good turn out, with some fun driving thrown in....

There's some pics for those not in attendance...
(note i wasnt the only red car this time 8O , though he did leave before the later 2 photos )

Must get myself a 2-way radio for next time, listening to the witty banter sure does make the drive more fun :lol:

And thanks to steve for marking my lovely passenger side door, which thankfully buffed out :wink:

SilentBob
airbornespanner
Apprentice

Post by airbornespanner »

Thanks :P Guys for another good cruise, took a bit of keeping up wth you all !!!!! but we really enjoyed it , need to get back a bit of the old youth !!!
Blaze
Apprentice

Post by Blaze »

A little fun :wink: , though we didnt end up @ The Entrance for some reasons :( .
Yeah, from maccas, saw other clubs meeting at the same point, supras, datsuns, and even the "breakfast-ing" copsssss(at least 5 police cars). what else? country roads, little stone chips flying around mudguards, biker camouflaged like cop, (SH**!!!) aiming at ftos :o .
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

thanks for coming guys i had a blast and really enjoyed the day. Great to see that there were no accidents (except for adams door - oooops) and everyone behaved themselves - more or less.

I noticed we didn't end up at the entrance, but rather but a pub in the middle of nowhere. FTO12345 - i hope your girlfriend wasn't too disappointed in that as she looked like she was ready for a swim.

Rob: thanks for navigating a successful trip only one wrong turn which was kinda funny over the 2ways, but doesn't matter.

guys without 2ways you really need to buy them it will really help with the communications and give you someone to chat to whilst driving.

The only observation i have that gave me a little concern is that some cars are following too close. this isn't a problem until something goes wrong by the car you are following. Regardless of how good a driver they are or how good a driver you are please make sure that everyone has room to move, recover from a mistake, avoid something on the road and most importantly doesn't feel like they are being hurried through corners by a car behind them.

anyway apart from that it was a great cruise, we'll have to do this one again when its a bit cooler so that we are not all melting in our cars.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Blaze wrote:biker camouflaged like cop, (SH**!!!) aiming at ftos :o .

do you mean the one that was taking our photo's ;)????
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hello,

Yes thank you all for the cruise...

It was great...I haven't done a long cruise like this for a while so was a little bit rusty doing high speeds around corners...but it was good.

And smorison, we were thinking of going swimming if things allowed us but we actually had another place to go to and that's why we had to leave earlier...Besides we were all too tired from the hot day...

Once again it was great and hope to see more pictures some where if there were any more taken...

Thanks guys,
Blaze
Apprentice

Post by Blaze »

smorison wrote:

not sure if we talked about the same one. I mean the one I saw (and some of you) when we were up the hill and cornering easy to the left and down the hill before we stopped at the wollombi (or something, is that how to pronounce it?) Bit funny, should get myself a 2-way radio. and I do recon all of you to get a 2 way when u cruise :wink:
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Blaze wrote:
smorison wrote:

not sure if we talked about the same one. I mean the one I saw (and some of you) when we were up the hill and cornering easy to the left and down the hill before we stopped at the wollombi (or something, is that how to pronounce it?) Bit funny, should get myself a 2-way radio. and I do recon all of you to get a 2 way when u cruise :wink:
umm, didn't see that one. hope it was't a cop otherwise i know i'll be getting a letter in the mail, Robb and i were traveling pretty fast through that part. The wood bridges were an interesting touch i think Tanya actually slid sideways through one of them... i was just happy to have robb infront of me so i could see him with no traction so i could line myself up nice and straight across the bridge (robb was going straight to).

fto12345: no worries just happy you enjoyed yourself.
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D ..... yeah, from memory the recommended speed on that bridge was 25kms..... not sure, but I was going a damn sight faster than that, tryng to catch up with you guys after getting stuck behind one of those many Sunday drivers.... it was a bit of a worrisome thing cos the side railing was getting a wee bit waaaaaayyy too close for comfort :?
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:?: ps:- Where did we actually end up :?:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hmmm, i had hoped for more pics than that... :roll:
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

i've got a camera with pictures on it... i'll get to them tonight with any luck
LORIDN

Post by LORIDN »

Hey Guys, I'm really sorry for the late reply but I've had problems with my internet connection (might help if I paid my bill), so this is the first chance I've had to use the internet since (thank you Uni computers). I was going to say on Saturday that I won't be able to make it on Sunday cause it was my grandmothers birthday (I can't believe I forgot about it, I thought it was on Monday), but I hope to make it to the next cruise that is organised. Again, i'm really sorry for th late post, hope I didn't cause any problems...
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

no worries mate...