Cruise on 8th or 15th Feb - to The Entrace???

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kazbah
National Secretary
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by kazbah »

Fair 'nuf G_A_V, lets give the motorcyclists the sh*ts BIG TIME!!! Oh I'd better watch myself I going on a ride with these guys tomorrow :wink:
Teh Ban Queen!
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

hehe, its a fair enough poiunt though, i mean motocycles are a lot more vulnerable ,and a lot of the cars dont check their blind spots.
btw i think my gf will be driving when we go on the cruise , di done get my license back till march :(
so there will be 3 girls dirving on this cruise, might be more then the boys !!
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Yeahhhhhhhh! GURLLLLLLL POWER!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Teh Ban Queen!
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Not wishing to rain on anyones parade - but went on the motorcycle ride today, up the Putty, out through Broke and back via Wisemans Ferry (could be a very good cruise). Anyhoo, got talking to another motorcycle rider waiting for the ferry and he told us that he had come from Richmond via the old Pacific Hwy and got booked for doing 25 over the speed limit on the old Hwy. Now this was in the 70 zone so therefore he was only doing 95!!!!!! 3 points and $225 fine! :cry: :cry: The P%$&k was hiding in the bushes so this guy had no chance. What the motorcycle clubs do now is send a "legal" bike up ahead and if there are any cops or EPA he comes back and informs the group. I know a lot of our cars will not pass inspection so maybe this could be a way of us getting through using the two way radios.

Bit of a bad day for motorcycle riders, we were at the pub at Broke when every rescue vehicle imagable came flying by.... About 5km up the road some poor rider ran up the back of a car and was thrown into the line of an oncoming 4wd, needless to say he didnt survive... We had to pass the scene - it makes you think twice about speeding let me tell u!

Anyway, just a thought
Teh Ban Queen!
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

well i guess we could always take the freeway till about mooney mooney, or so
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

does anyone want to be the "legal" car?

also where's maccas? click here to find it http://www.whereis.com/wp_search/email_ ... ?id=318481

could we get final numbers please, i'd hate to leave without everyone
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

I'm definately in, so count me as number one.

Next!
Teh Ban Queen!
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hi guys,

Bit of a stupid question.

I bought a very cheap 2 way radio and it only can tune into channels 18, 20 and 24. Are these the channels you guys use?

If not could you please let me know so I can return it?
If it's some thing else then I might just not get anything as I don't really go cruises that much and don't want to spend $100 for a 2way radio that I don't even use that much!

Thank you and please let me know.
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D Glen and I are in...... it was my idea originally so it'd be pretty poor if I didn't show.

Hey Kaz..... if you are heading down Windsor or Showground road to the meeting point, let me know what time and we can hook up if you like, I live just near Showground Rd.

Cheers
Tanya
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

fto12345 wrote:I bought a very cheap 2 way radio and it only can tune into channels 18, 20 and 24. Are these the channels you guys use?

we don't normally use those channels but we can, we'll sort that out on sunday
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Teania wrote::.

Hey Kaz..... if you are heading down Windsor or Showground road to the meeting point, let me know what time and we can hook up if you like, I live just near Showground Rd.

Cheers
Tanya
Yeah we'll be going that way, name a time a place and I'll see you there. I'll pm my mobile number to you in case of any mishaps..

TTFN
Karen
Teh Ban Queen!
YFT-08U
Apprentice

Post by YFT-08U »

Now this is going to sound really stupid, but where is thorneleigh? I am interested in coming to this one, so yeah, I am coming from canberra, so any one with directions that can help me get there by 9:30 please let me know

Jc
<P>[url=http://www.hotcarchicks.com][img]http://www.hotcarchicks.com/images/hotcarchicksBanner2.gif[/img][/url]</P>
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Hi Kaz

What about the carpark of the Castle Hill Tavern? On Victoria Ave (runs between Windsor and Showground?)

Anyone else? I often see a White FTO on Kings Rd - if this is you... are you coming on the cruise?

Cheers
Tanya

ps- Have pm'd my mobile back to you
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Ok Tanya see u there around 9:30am - what time are we supposed to be at Thornleigh? If we are supposed to be there at 9:30, I'll see you at the Tav at 9:00..... Does all that deivel make sense? :roll: :roll:
Teh Ban Queen!
SilentBobMk2
Apprentice

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

YFT-08U wrote:Now this is going to sound really stupid, but where is thorneleigh? I am interested in coming to this one, so yeah, I am coming from canberra, so any one with directions that can help me get there by 9:30 please let me know

Jc
Now thats some commitment :)
and to answer your question
www.whereis.com.au is your friend ;)

SilentBob
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:D C u at 9 Kaz
LORIDN

Post by LORIDN »

Hey guys, I know this is really late to reply, but I'm thinking about coming on the cruise this Sunday, but the problem is I don't own a FTO, I own a Lancer :cry: , but I want to get to know the FTO better as i'm considering putting in the FTO engine into my car. Again i'm sorry, but I'll confirm tomorrow if I can definately make it, if it's alright with the organisers.
SilentBobMk2
Apprentice

Post by SilentBobMk2 »

Im sure no one will mind a future FTO(or FTO engine) owner turning up...

Though its friday, and Teania still hasnt done any 'map' ;)
So who knows where we are headed :roll:

SilentBob
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Stephen & Kaveman are going to be leading and have worked out the way.... they posted a map link to the meeting point and we'll head off from there. (You can follow me if you like.... but..... I have NO sense of direction :D )

Loridn - you are more than welcome!!! Interesting project, we would be interested in seeing how it pans out. Most of the guys/gals can give you tips on where to get bits, places to go - places to not go...etc..... What year/model Lancer you got? I had a '97 MR before my FTO.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again

Cheers
Tanya
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Hi everyone, I have some bad news. Looks like I'm going to have to pull out of the cruise on Sunday. I have not been able to get my aircon fixed and after driving around today to the Aircon place I dont think driving for a few hours would be condusive to a good time without air. I'm now down to trying to source a condensor and discharge hose from somewhere(?) Will be ringing around everywhere tomorrow to see if I can find one. I can get a new condensor from Mitsu Japan for $4-500 but cant get a discharge hose - which is the second half of the unit - bit dumb I know! Anyway I hope you guys have a great time and I'll be on the next cruise. :cry: :cry:
Teh Ban Queen!