Datalogging - from car to laptop

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by khunjeng »

Bennoz wrote:The EvoScan 1.4E USB Cable & Evoscan
yep was just placing my order for the same.

now puchased also. possible the best find for a while on the forums.
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Yeah I'm intrigued let me know how it goes. I've sent HHH an email about evoscan too so see what the go is.

Just wondering do all the sensors work etc? I never even thought of getting something like this for the FTO. But since I got the GTO it was a high priority. More prone to breaking I guess I'll be the first to admit.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

tell me if you can adjust stuff!!
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

jonowong wrote:tell me if you can adjust stuff!!
I dont think it will for early models...however 2001 onwards it appears to have have capability with the different cable.
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

iv sent the guys that make evoscan an email askingthem if abs is disabled when the car is running with the cable plugged in still no responce hmm..Bennoz or Khunjeng when you guys get the cable and the software let us know how it goes and if abs is disabled thanks.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

AMACHA wrote:iv sent the guys that make evoscan an email askingthem if abs is disabled when the car is running with the cable plugged in still no responce hmm..Bennoz or Khunjeng when you guys get the cable and the software let us know how it goes and if abs is disabled thanks.
no drama

if it is, no drama infact I dont think I have it in my cars....thank god for all my numerous advancaed driver training days on braking :P
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Got an email today saying evoscan 2.0 has been released
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4/5/6/7/8/9 EvoScan Project
Mitsubishi OBDI/OBDII DataLogging Project. Supports All Mitsubishi Vehicles.

Updated: Fri Nov 16, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 2007 - EvoScan v2.0 version released. Download Here - FREE
November 2007 - EvoScan v2.0 Map Tracer Edition released.
Register and Download Here $10USD
November 2007 - Updated Supported Vehicles Below.

EvoScan v2.0 - Map Tracer Edition - Release Notes:
- NEW Map Tracer support - RPM vs LOAD vs (Knock/AFR/Timing). Right click the bottom grid to select your particular roms metadata xml file, and then select your rom hex binary file, and the grid will dynamically load your current rom. Register Here to Download $10USD.

EvoScan v2.0 - Release Notes:
- NEW Graphing with RPM on the x-axis, mapped to any dataitem with options for display including minimum, maximum, average.
- NEW DataItem editing, double click or right click any dataitem. This will automatically update the data.xml file for you instantly. You can also move data items up and down the list. dont forget to put dependant dataitems prior up the list.
- NEW Car PC Interface - new commandline parameters availabe for in car PCs, use evoscan.exe /? to see a list of commands available.
- NEW Editable dataitem definitions of the parameters displayed on Evoscan, the information updates the data.xml file, post it in the forums if you add lots of good information via the dataitem notes window.
- Realtime data graphs support re-introduced.
- Zietronix widebande support for EGT, Boost, RPM, UserAux support is now added. (some reports say boost is accurate, some not, still investigating)
Now supports data.xml eval functions with the bit keyword, great for ascertaining a single or group of bit flags, usage: x bit 32 = 32
- Added option for UK Vehicle Speed Sensor correction.
- Set own global hotkey support for Start/Stop
- Removed autosense baudrate.
- Added jdm boost dataitem.
- Added Wastegate Duty Cycle data item.
- Added 2 byte airflow, you will want to set up your own particular MUT request ids in your ROM.
- Less dataitem flickering, updates only the individually result value cell now, and edraws the remainder of the grid every 10 seconds.
- New bit function operator

Things still in beta testing...
- Innovate MTS chain inputs: boost/rpm/battery voltatage/aux1-32
- Zeitronix Boost accuracy problem.
- New Gauge Functionality to allow users to add background images and transparent skins to any portion of the any of the gauge templates.
- A New Gauge Library is being set up.
- US Eclipse, DSM and 3000GT OBDII Vehicle Support.
- US OBDII Diagnostic Trouble Code support.
- Trigger datalogging on Throttle Position Sensor %.
- ABS/AYC/ACD Datalogging support and cable mod tutorial.
- A New ROM library is being set up.
Also an updated in supported vehicles
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ok I recieved my new cable and installed the software on my laptop...

FANTASTIC!

Works straight away, no issues and look great. Best thing I bought for the FTO in some time.

So easy to check ECU codes, can get a reading for almost everything...can plot everything in real time on some pre-designed guages...

Next step is to buy a new car PC...and run the apps while driving.

This should be the GB for Xmas...
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

khunjeng wrote:ok I recieved my new cable and installed the software on my laptop...

FANTASTIC!

Works straight away, no issues and look great. Best thing I bought for the FTO in some time.

So easy to check ECU codes, can get a reading for almost everything...can plot everything in real time on some pre-designed guages...

Next step is to buy a new car PC...and run the apps while driving.

This should be the GB for Xmas...
great to hear hunjeng cnai ask though is abs disabled with it plugged in so when your driving and its all plugged in is abs off mate?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Why all the ABS questions? Why on earth would it 'turn off' ABS?
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

There are issues with many loggers that disable the abs for some reason. Not sure what the reason is. Mine doesn't do it. Something to do with the cable design.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

the issue is apparently when in diagnostic mode, ABS was off.

Lucky for me I dont have ABS!

Even if it did who cares its not to be run all the time...only when you have issues.

Its worth it just for the error codes. Plug in the cable (without the sofware) and it starts flashing as it should...then with the software it tells you what the error code is..too easy.

Its a friggen great tool, as no doubt Ben will agree when he uses his. SO much info
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

Hey Khunjeng, which website did you purchase the evo scan from?
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Shahrez wrote:Hey Khunjeng, which website did you purchase the evo scan from?
http://www.limitless.co.nz/
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Hopefully I'll have a fiddle with mine this week :) (evoscan that is lol)

Its gonna be interesting when I upgrade the Unichip I've got at the moment to something that I can program (Unichip has to be done by Croydon.) Im already experiencing pinging due to the humidity & temp changes of summer... almost have to have it retuned every winter / summer!
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Bennoz wrote:Hopefully I'll have a fiddle with mine this week :) (evoscan that is lol)

Its gonna be interesting when I upgrade the Unichip I've got at the moment to something that I can program (Unichip has to be done by Croydon.) Im already experiencing pinging due to the humidity & temp changes of summer... almost have to have it retuned every winter / summer!
yeah would be intresting.

btw ben what are your wheels and how much did they cost?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Starcorp Fusions. Were $1500 for 4. Lead Weights.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Bennoz wrote:Starcorp Fusions. Were $1500 for 4. Lead Weights.
yeah i just like the offset and rear dish. what offset were they on the front and back, did I search but couldnt find your origional post from way back when you bought them
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Got this all hooked up & running today. Works a treat - even has a chicks voice tell you when the line is disconnected :P

Didn't really capture too much meaningful data, was more of an installl & test job today. It'll take me a while to trim down all the options to get exactly what one would need to know from an FTO. I'll then do up a gauge cluster with all the relevant streams & post up the template if anyone wants it.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Bennoz wrote:Got this all hooked up & running today. Works a treat - even has a chicks voice tell you when the line is disconnected :P

Didn't really capture too much meaningful data, was more of an installl & test job today. It'll take me a while to trim down all the options to get exactly what one would need to know from an FTO. I'll then do up a gauge cluster with all the relevant streams & post up the template if anyone wants it.
yeah its great isnt it. If yuo do a nice guage, i will use it! :P